Yooperbikemike's 2013 MotoGP Thread

Discussion in 'Racing' started by yooperbikemike, Nov 11, 2012.

1. brents347

brents347 Trusting my Cape...

Oddometer:

But if the perception among the many (like around here) is that Hayden outroad Rossi on the Duc, does that not count for anything? Rossi may have beat Hayden in the points, but if everyone thinks the opposite is true... does anyone go back to look up season points for positions 6 through 9?
  2. Pecha72

Pecha72 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Of course with his massive salary, Rossi should have performed a lot better, so in that respect Hayden may have been the better investment of the two. But he didn't outride Rossi on that bike.
  3. kyns

kyns Long timer

Oddometer:
    You must drive an audi...:lol3

Audi did not buy the MotoGP team, they bought the brand, don't know why. Maybe so they can drop it like beemer dropped Husky.

Le mans efforts don't count here. The way i see it, they are going to dump their motoGP team, after the deal with Dorna ends...2014 or 2016... Yes they are now saying, that they want to gather their own data before making changes. Audi please... Which has better data: Motorcycle company that has raced years in WSBK/MGP ?? Or a car company that has never built a bike ??

I have an idea... Ducati should dig up the drawings of the 2007 bike, rebuild it and then gather some data... didn't that bike still have steel trellis "frame" ?
  4. kyns

kyns Long timer

Oddometer:
    No, Hayden did not out ride Rossi. Rossi did poorly, but did better than Hayden( not by much ). Hayden started many races better than Rossi, but Hayden seem to allways fade before the end. Rossi was more consistent and did not fade, Rossi did better.
  5. motu

motu Loose Pre Unit

Oddometer:
    Yes, Hayden often out qualified Rossi, but Rossi went forward during the race, Hayden went backwards.
  6. craigincali

craigincali I'll try it.

Oddometer:
    Wow alot of guys drinking that Rossi KoolAid....
  7. kyns

kyns Long timer

Oddometer:
    At least the Rossi koolaid is just koolaid... The Nicky/Ben koolaid seem to have some acid mixed in there...
  8. swimmer

swimmer armchair asshole

Oddometer:
    I don't think there is any Ben koolaid left.
  9. mdubya

mdubya Right Brigade

Oddometer:
    Jesus Juice. :evil
  10. Kropotkin

Kropotkin Big Girl's Blouse Supporter

Oddometer:
    The steel trellis frame was crap. Stoner begged Ducati to give him the carbon frame as soon as he tested it, it was so much better.

Ducati don't need a 2007 bike, they need 2007 circumstances: a custom-built tire, Honda and Yamaha aiming at the wrong target (agility instead of fuel efficiency), and the mercurial talent of Casey Stoner. None of those factors are currently available to them. that's their problem.
  11. RedRocket

RedRocket Yeah! I want Cheesy Poofs

Oddometer:

As the man most in the know around here do you think Audi is in MotoGP for only a short time?
  12. Kropotkin

Oddometer:
    What I understand is that Marlboro are losing patience with Ducati. I think Audi would be perfectly happy to continue with Marlboro picking up such a large part of the bills. However, if they had to pay for it out of their own pockets, that might be another thing altogether.

Audi's intention is to continue, as far as I am aware, and they intend to stay in if they can. They also have a contract with Dorna which will keep them in until 2017 or '18. They could leave, but it would cost them.
  13. mdubya

mdubya Right Brigade

Oddometer:
    Is there a commitment to fixing the bike, to make it competitive, or is that just corporate talk?
  14. Kropotkin

Oddometer:
    There's a commitment to fix the bike.
  15. Skowinski

Skowinski opposable thumbs

Oddometer:
    Yeah, I ran out last year.
  16. Moronic

Moronic Long timer

Oddometer:

There is what people might think, and then there is what you can put on your resume. :deal
  17. mdubya

mdubya Right Brigade

Oddometer:
    The people in the paddock don't need to look at anyone's resume. They know.
  18. RichBeBe

RichBeBe All Hail Seitan!!!

Oddometer:
    I was curious and graphed all of the races from 2012 that both Rossi and Hayden finished. Of course racing only counts if you finish.
    [​IMG]
  19. kyns

kyns Long timer

Oddometer:
    So, the lower the graph, the better.

From those 13 races Rossi finished ahead of Nicky in 8 races. And Nicky ahead of The Doctor in 5 races.

You could have used yellow on the Rossi graph.:deal. :)
  20. Pecha72

Pecha72 Long timer

Oddometer:
    For a good part of last year Rossi wasn't really pushing 100% I think. He'd seen the bike's a turd, can't get on the rostrum, and knew he wasn't gonna stay, so to try stubbornly and risk crashing and injuring yourself probably didn't seem like a wise thing to do.

Btw, Hayden is lucky to be alive and well after that bizarre crash and flight @ Aragon.