Honda Super Cub 110

Discussion in 'Battle Scooters' started by cabanza, Jul 3, 2013.

1. cabanza

cabanza Smooth is Fast

Oddometer:
    Oh, I see. So BMW isn't the only one playing with model names (F650GS = 800cc). :lol3
  2. cabanza

cabanza Smooth is Fast

Oddometer:
    I went to work on the Super Cub this morning. What a blast! I actually got on a highway (not a major one but busy enough). I saw an indicated 105 km/h! That comes out to about 65 mph. I don't think it's accurate at all but I'm pretty sure I was going faster than I've ever been on my Grom.

[​IMG]
  3. TrashCan

TrashCan Scary Jerry

Oddometer:

:thumb

They will answer emails, also.
  4. damasovi

damasovi Long timer

Oddometer:
    hey amigo I am sooo happy for you!!! and your wife as well!

I see you have a rear seat! the local dealer had no idea they were available. THe other day the sales guy call me saying he had my cub, and despite a test drive, I am sure I will get more info from you than I did that day.

I no longer need a small cc since I have the tw200 but a scooter I miss... We will see what gives and all the great things you write. 50 mph is great news, the big brakes are what got me saying WOW! and can I ask about the headlight?

Thank you and congrats!

Dámaso
  5. cabanza

cabanza Smooth is Fast

Oddometer:
    I think the seat is from the previous Super Cub model. They were sold until the late 2000's, right? Honda Mexico didn't bring any of the good stuff (top boxes).

Everything is good on the Super Cub. The headlight works just fine. I think it's bright enough (I got to try it a bit before we left Laredo).

Glad to hear you are enjoying your TW. I'd be confident taking the Super Cub on some light trail roads.
  6. Beltho

Beltho Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Those are some beautiful looking bikes! I love my SYM Symba, but it would be great if Honda would bring those to the US. Enjoy!
  7. Birdmove

Birdmove Long timer

Oddometer:
    I believe in 1966 the Trail 90 went to a dual range transmission. You put the bike on it's center stand, rotated the rear wheel as you turned a lever one way or the other. That internally took it between trail gear (good for about 30 mph) and street gear(good for about 57 mph with a 14 year old kid riding). Trail 90's were tough.
  8. damasovi

damasovi Long timer

Oddometer:
    yes they went very cheap on this bike in terms of accessories. YOu see this bike is in the wrong market, it is an upscale delivery bike, so you the list price is over $1 K USD over some other bikes, so almost 100% more expensive than some bikes (Honda wave for example).

I will like the ride more my TW and then see what gives, it is an expensive bike to put tires on!

Let us know what else you buy and how you like it!

Damasovi
  9. cabanza

cabanza Smooth is Fast

Oddometer:
    The local Vespa dealer is also a Sym dealer. They organize rides once in a while. I can't wait to go on one of them (with the wife on her white Super Cub).
  10. cabanza

cabanza Smooth is Fast

Oddometer:
    The dealership in Monterrey had 6 of them on the showroom floor. They told me 5 of them were sold (because I asked if we could get 2 white ones instead of one black and one white). They still had some in the warehouse. I guess I'm trying to say that while it was priced high in Mexico, Honda came down from 26,000 pesos to 22,000 and that it is making a difference now.
    The dealer was comparing it to the Wave that is priced at 15,000 pesos. So yeah, 22,000 would still be expensive.
  11. CA_Strom

CA_Strom Cunning Linguist Supporter

Oddometer:
    The Temples of Syrinx (Treasure Valley Idaho)
    Correct. My 65 has the large rear overlay sprocket. You have too add the supplied links and move the chain onto the low gear manually.
  12. cabanza

cabanza Smooth is Fast

Oddometer:
    I'm at about 90 miles or so right now. The fuel gauge looks like it's on empty but the fuel light (if there's one) isn't on yet. The fuel tank is only 1.1 gal. The bike is rated at over 130 mpg but I have been riding it pretty hard. I'm thinking about the Grom right now as some owners reported really low fuel mileage. So... How much more should I go?... I probably should be riding the wife's. She hasn't ridden hers since we came back from Mexico. :evil
  13. longhaul747

longhaul747 Long timer

Oddometer:
    If I were you I would probably go ahead and be conservative by topping it off. That way you know how much it has burned in the first 90 miles and you can use that as a baseline for future estimates.

Honda fuel gauges tend to have conservative empty marks but I would not push it until you reach "E" a few times. Also even though this class of bike is really economical it may not reach full efficiency until it has broken in some.

I also expect the bike to deliver better MPG's on the good Mexico gas if it still had some from delivery. I bet they don't put ethanol in the fuel down there.
  14. cabanza

cabanza Smooth is Fast

Oddometer:
    The dealer only put 1 liter in the tank but I gassed both of them up before we left. I have to say that I didn't check to see if there was ethanol in the gas and I didn't ask anyone either.

But yes, I should probably be a little conservative at this point.
  15. DaBinChe

DaBinChe Long timer

Oddometer:
    What was your GROM mpg? When I had a SYM Symba I got 100mpg with wringing the shit out of it.
  16. 16873

16873 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Are you the one that did the trip to Alaska?
  17. DaBinChe

DaBinChe Long timer

Oddometer:
    yeah
  18. DaBinChe

DaBinChe Long timer

Oddometer:
    Also since it is FI the fuel pump is in the tank and it needs gas to keep it cool so if you run it dry you will can damage the pump or the very least shorten it's life.
  19. 16873

16873 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thought I recognized you from Red's pics.
  20. DaBinChe

DaBinChe Long timer

Oddometer:
    Will be heading up there again this summer for scooter cannonball