KTM 950/990 Adventure owners show off your bike

Discussion in 'Dakar champion (950/990)' started by dgrs2, Dec 17, 2004.

1. liferider

liferider Never It's enough

Oddometer:
    Great Pics!!!! :clap
    Love bike+snow... you lucky man! :freaky

2. HellSickle

HellSickle Scone Rider

Oddometer:
    After close to a month in dry dock, Moby made it out for a cold spin. ABS switch, heated grips, cannisterectomy, larger kick stand foot, nerf bars, saddlebags and throttle lock all passed the sea trial with flying colors.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  3. Beema Killa

Beema Killa Beema Killa

Oddometer:
    Went for a rip. Snowy side roads and some ice on mains but a lot of gravel. Still nice to get out and bang through the gears though.

[​IMG]
  4. Beema Killa

Beema Killa Beema Killa

Oddometer:
    May have to swap out the Mefo/Heidenau combo and throw the 908/Karoo set on until summer.
  5. The Savage Rabbit

The Savage Rabbit Adventurer

Oddometer:
    2005 KTM 950 Adventure
    [​IMG]
  6. Salzig

Salzig Comfortably dumb

Oddometer:
    The first you said.
    It's a standard ABS model raised to 2006 S height (245mm).

Oh, and I'm not married :freaky
  7. Blur

Blur No It All.

Oddometer:
    Interesting graphics ya' got there! Where'd ya' get 'em done?
    Vanishing Point likes this.
  8. goktugersavas

goktugersavas n00b

Oddometer:
    How about these photos about my KTM;

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  9. Beema Killa

Beema Killa Beema Killa

Oddometer:
    Blur, thanks, I designed 'em and had a local shop in Calgary cut and install after my graphic designer sister helped with scale and finish. Did a good job. The shop is Ignition. Cheers.
  10. liferider

Oddometer:
    Good looking bike!
    I have a debt with my self about auxiliar lights... someday.
    I have seen many inmates using the ones you have on your crash bars, but not the ones above, look like Hella? model? how do they perform there? thanks.

11. goktugersavas

goktugersavas n00b

Oddometer:
    Actually it has been 4 months I'm riding KTM. When you driving at dark night especially mountain it was very hard to see in front of you easily.

Then we decided to use micro de for the auxiliary fog aim lights and FF50 for the visibility & to be able to see the road clearly.

as you noticed that KTM has relatively small battery when you compare with 1200GSA, after start the engine I have turned on fog lights first, the on the FF50 to keep my battery alive.

The best is FF50 is very sufficient and it is actually working. But if you say I would like to buy something tremendous I would definitely recommend Comet 200.

Cheers.
  12. liferider

Oddometer:
    Thanks!

Oh, so you don't know what you are missing...? :lol3
    Fortunately, my wife is just fine with my extramarital activities :1drink

Cheers!

13. liferider

Oddometer:
    I have Hella FF320 on my truck, they are very good, but didn't know how Hella perform for a riding use. Good to know your experience.
    Other point for me is the unreasonably high cost of the led lights en my country, while Hella halogen products are more affordable :evil

Thanks.

14. Blur

Blur No It All.

Oddometer:
    Nice job!! :clap
    Vanishing Point likes this.
  15. gozirra

gozirra Spam?

Oddometer:
    Current parking spot, seat off for charging (Battery under seat, for now), storage tub on the floor has the stock bash plate, some add on bits and some oil service parts waiting to be used.
    Bike is currently waiting to be torn down, serviced, lubed etc. and then ridden in prep for my alcan event.

[​IMG]

Second shot was the bath day (2nd day owning) to clean off all the dirt/grime to see what needed to be serviced, and what had been mcguyvered before it was mine (lots, and it all needs fixin)

[​IMG]

Again, if you know this bike, history of this bike, stories or shenanigans of this bike, share please.
  16. HellSickle

HellSickle Scone Rider

Oddometer:
    Be careful what you ask for.

I just bought my 990 from a dealer. After posting about the purchase, a fellow inmate came forward claiming it had been his bike. He then posted videos & pictures of things that I would not do to my own bike.

It was like finding videos of the 2 years your wife spent in a Mexican bestiality show before you met her. Some things are best left unknown.
  17. gozirra

gozirra Spam?

Oddometer:
    I agree on one level, if this was to be my pretty bike I would want it to be untouched and ready to strut to starbuicks.
    But, this is to be my abused "I dont have a rally car round here" ride, and I plan on putting miles on it, and would like to know if something needs bumping on the repair list so it does not lunch the motor or drop a swingarm.

I know it has been ridden hard, I bought it knowing that, and will build it out as much as I can to abuse it more.

Guy I bought it from seemed to commute on it and was a little lax on the history/info about the bike (according to him and registration he only had it for a few months), said he kind of knew the original owner but not a lot of info on that front, maybe a work buddy or something.

Realistically, it will make no difference to me, I have a plan for the bike and its not like hearing someone rode singletrack or baja is going to dissuade me, I plan on rebuilding/upgrading as necessary.

So far as I can decipher, it is a Orange 2005 or 5.5 950 Adventure, converted to ADV S suspension and lengthened stands, custom painted, with 950 SE wheels and a single disc up front. Cannisterectomy and SAS delete was "done", handlebars/risers/heated grips added, Glove box trimmed for a prefiler, Battery re-routed to the underseat box, a tail cleanup was done with the plate holder piece removed and a LED taillight added, Oil has yet to be changed by me, coolant and pump will be serviced, I have a large list pulled from the H.O.W to check, second rad fan to add, some carbon/kev work to do, crash bars to add, sidestand relocate, stud/bolt/bearings update and lots more after that.
  18. vfrpilot

vfrpilot Stress Relief Rider Supporter

Oddometer:
    this is my 990
    [​IMG]
  19. ciedema

ciedema мотоциклист

Oddometer:
    Does anyone else think an Adventure with its tanks off looks like a dog that is shaved for the summer?
  20. Qwik

Qwik Adrenaline Addict Supporter

Oddometer:
    Auxiliary lights are IMO an absolute neccessity. I dont even need my factory lights when I turn these on.
    [​IMG]