New F800GS ADVENTURE!!!

Discussion in 'Parallel Universe' started by bjorn_dakar, May 2, 2013.

1. cruton

cruton Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I have wunderlich 20mm risers, is it possible to go higher without replacing cables etc.
  2. nedkelly

nedkelly Gravel Rash

Oddometer:
    Not much play if your financing, if paying cash there is a bit of room to negotiate.

There are good savings to be had on any options and accessories you add to the sale.
  3. Bhammer

Bhammer Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I wonder if that applies in the US. I have only purchased one new bike and I was only able to get them to throw in the deal prep charge. With a new Adventure model I'm not expecting any discount.
  4. murdock84

murdock84 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just about all the dealers around here give us 20% off just about anything at the stores. The dealer I bought my F800GS at does this or free installation on the purchased accessories.
  5. Stephenmarklay

Stephenmarklay Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    This should not be the case. To the dealer it makes no difference at all. Well actually financing is a bit more lucrative.
  6. nedkelly

nedkelly Gravel Rash

Oddometer:
    Agreed, I'm only talking in terms of negotiating position.

If you pre-approved finance before you sit down and make an offer, you can negotiate the same as with cash. If you need to get finance after making any offer it is a much weaker position to negotiate from.
  7. Baiazid

Baiazid Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  8. PatSmith

PatSmith Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Funny.
  9. trailz

trailz Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey Baiazid,

Are those the H&B crashbars on there?

How badly did you dump the bike...and did the bars do their job properly? My GSA is on its way and there is no way I'm taking it anywhere too fun without a good set of upper bars on it!

I am in "Official Internet Research Mode" and would appreciate the perspective of anyone who has, *ahem*, tested their bars :)
  10. firebolter

firebolter Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Have you read this? 35 mph crash with HB bars.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showpost.php?p=23691136
  11. Chuck in IL

Chuck in IL Adventurer

Oddometer:

Yea, that's my handy work. The bars did ok. Since I bought these I have seen the SW Motech bars and they do look more robust. But I'm ok sticking with these.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  12. Chuck in IL

Chuck in IL Adventurer

Oddometer:
  13. Baiazid

Baiazid Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    HB Bars there indeed.

I did not crash so bad to be honest. Bars moved a little bit and I managed to put them back only by hand. Bars did the job, but I am afraid that on a bigger crash, bars won't make a difference. F800GSA is more exposed than F800. Is wider.
  14. trailz

trailz Adventurer

Oddometer:
    @Chuck_in_IL I liked the video, especially the arms raised in victory :) Looks like the plastics came out OK, without any damage from what I could tell in the photo (photos only tell so much).

Do you think you would stick with the H&B over the SW Motech?? To me it looks like the SW Motech don't come up nearly far enough....but the TT website photos are terrible and it's hard to tell much. It looks like the upper part of the H&B bars really took the brunt of the slide, which I'm not sure any other bars match the height (maybe the adventure-spec...but I have a decent inseam, 33-34 inches, and have heard some issues with knees rubbing the bars....plus, it kind of annoys me to remove the OEM engine bars since I paid for the things already)

@Baiazid....define: "not so bad" :) Did you see any damage to your fairing? Seems to me that having to move the bars back is fine indeed! I'd rather the bars take the damage than the plastics or bike frame! In any case....my ultimate plan is not to crash at all! hahaha. :rofl
  15. Baiazid

Baiazid Been here awhile

Oddometer:

No damage to fairing.

minor damage to:
    1. botom of footpeg
    2. rear rack (the one around tank)
    3. extremity of handle bar
    4. original engine crashbars (lower ones) from F800GSA are build to bend a little bit. Which they did.

But this is not crash bars fault (hepko becker). They did the job to protect the fairing.
  16. 60HzShuffle

60HzShuffle Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  17. gs_lad

gs_lad Adventurer

Oddometer:
    May I say that after test driving the new f800gs adventure I have changed my initial neutral opinion into a positive one.

I liked the more bass sound of the engine,
    the very comfortable seat which I would really like on my 09'f800gs,
    and the tall screen which unfortunately i did not test at a very high speed...

The suspension seemed a little improved, maybe because it didnt have the 30.000 Km that mine has on its back

The design of the bikes plastics isnt bad either and it compliments the "adventure" character.

only thing I did not like was the new turn signal arrangement..I kept pressing the horn in the beggining, previous design was more straightforward and simple...

Overall, I think its a notable improvement of the previous f800gs model, not substantial enough to make me change my bike, but a very tempting offer for someone looking for a new adventure-touring bike on the 800cc range :norton
  18. bg73pm

bg73pm n00b

Oddometer:
    Hi, new here, first post, I got 800gsa last nov but lost few months due to operation.. Absolutely love the bike. Anyone recommend a bashplate, leaning towards Altrider at moment. Thanks
  19. 7seas10

7seas10 7SEAS Supporter

Oddometer:
    I installed the SW Motech. It is a very strong plate.
    Have fun with the farkling process.
    You got a Great motrbike!
  20. bc217

bc217 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I've looked at a lot of them and I can't get past how nice the AltRider one is. It also comes up enough to also protect the oil filter as well. Looks really slick and always happy with their stuff. Just got my 800gsa a couple weeks ago also and loving it!