KDX pipe on a KE100?

Discussion in '2 smokers' started by M-Cat, Mar 8, 2012.

1. M-Cat

M-Cat 2 wheeled slacker

Oddometer:
    Not seeing anything in the way of expansion chamber exhaust systems for a KE100.-any aftermarket pipes seem to be quite hard to find. I know there were a few, thougjh.
    Not feeling brave enough to make ny own from scratch, I was wondering if anybody has tried to adapt a KDIX or similar pipe for the KE.
    Ideas or suggestions?
  2. Shocktower

Shocktower Long timer

Oddometer:
    I see no reason why not, I am sure all the fittaments are very simular or the same, give it a shot :clap
  3. MudWalker

MudWalker Long timer

Oddometer:
    I once put a ZL600 expansion chamber on my ZR600 (snowmobile) as my pipe had rusted out.

All went well until the left piston blew up. I was later told it was my fault as the tune of the ZL pipe made an overly lean condition resulting in a burnt piston.......it burned the electrode completely off the plug.

Be warned, these 2 smokes are touchy!:lol3
  4. MCrider

MCrider Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Any update on this mod? I have a hooker header on mine that works very well, but was wondering about a similar mod for future builds. hooker headers are harder to find it seems. Smokers are a little more mysterious, especially in this four stroke era, but so far the little ke has been easy to tune and very reliable.
  5. Ian Robinson

Ian Robinson SlowRobo

Oddometer:
    You might look for an old Kawa G31M pipe. The first model had a longer 'stinger pipe' but the body looked the same to me.

I can recall this model coming to Australia. Each bike had a Dyno ticket on the handle bars. ( we bought 2.) around 18.5 / 18.75hp. from memory. Very quick in their day. Thats me on the ground trying to ride one. they called me autum leaves.
  6. bogieboy

bogieboy Long timer

Oddometer:
    i am currently working on fabbing an aftermarket setup from a kx80 pipe... going to be interesting seeing if it does any good....LOL
  7. dsilver1007

dsilver1007 Long timer

Oddometer:
    got a buddy that put a cr125 chamber (highly modified) on his...had little bottom end but breathes good up top