MotoGP: Asian Flyaway 1 (Humid Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Racing' started by yooperbikemike, Oct 8, 2013.

1. yooperbikemike

yooperbikemike high, wide and handsome

Oddometer:
    <iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/XSXv4eefn0o" allowfullscreen="" width="480" frameborder="0" height="360"></iframe>
  2. Skowinski

Skowinski opposable thumbs

Oddometer:
    Getting harder and harder to bet against Marquez as the winner, but I'm going for Rossi on the top spot of the podium this coming weekend.

:lurk
  3. DC2wheels

DC2wheels Castle Anthrax troll Supporter

Oddometer:
    Optimist......:evil
  4. HoneyBunz

HoneyBunz Long timer

Oddometer:
    Sepang is a harsh mistress, unpredictable and unforgiving.
    It eats up risk takers.
  5. swimmer

swimmer armchair asshole

Oddometer:
    DP by a country mile.
  6. ZLTFUL

ZLTFUL Optimistic Pessimist

Oddometer:
    God I hope so. Really love watching MM race but also reeeeeaaaaaallllllyyy want to see reality bite him in the ass. :deal
  7. Skowinski

Skowinski opposable thumbs

Oddometer:
    I think that Marquez's reality is this - he has arrived in MotoGP to find that very few can challenge him.

:deal
  8. ZLTFUL

Oddometer:
    The reality is, this has been a perfect storm for him...less that no one can challenge him and moreso that his nearest rivals had shit luck when *he* needed them to have it most.

Don't take anything I have said as detracting from anything MM has accomplished. I like the little cocksucker. And I honestly believe that if he can remain healthy, he can possibly rival Rossi's lifetime achievements.
    But where would we be if Jorge hadn't gotten injured? If Dani hadn't crashed?
    He is great to be sure but discounting Lorenzo or Pinty McDouchenozzle is, IMHO, simply bad form.
  9. DC2wheels

DC2wheels Castle Anthrax troll Supporter

Oddometer:
    Looks like the reality is that everyone else is getting bitten in the ass by a 20 year old.

MM is like a breath of fresh air- in interviews, on the podium and obviously on his bike. In contrast DP and JLo podiums look as exciting as watching paint dry.
  10. brents347

brents347 Trusting my Cape...

Oddometer:
    Love your use of verbs and nick names! :lol3
  11. PeteN95

PeteN95 Long timer

Oddometer:
    First will be the decision on the past incident with DP. I can't see MM getting any penalty without starting a huge discussion of other events (by other riders) this year?
  12. ZLTFUL

Oddometer:
    Yeah...don't see him getting much more than "Pass better" advice from Race Direction.
  13. DogBoy

DogBoy Not a Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Tune in for this week's episode of As The Paddock Turns'.

Marc and Dani settle their differences...or do they? Nick wonders about his future. Valentino and Cal dream of the podium. Ducati worries that her new German beau is all talk. And Jorge doesn't give a fuck about anything.
  14. mdubya

mdubya Right Brigade

Oddometer:
    I find it extraordinarily distasteful that you would wish misfortune on anyone.
  15. ZLTFUL

Oddometer:
    I really find it distasteful that you assume the worst from my statement instead if asking me outright whether or not that is what I meant. Frankly, I was referring to him being penalized for pushing too hard and being the cause of someone else's crash. Given a couple more laps, he could have easily dispensed with Dani in a much safer manner and continued to decimate Jorge.

A penalty would bring the realization that he is indeed endangering others unnecessarily. Maybe not as overtly blatantly like Bautista has but he has been nonetheless.
  16. mdubya

mdubya Right Brigade

Oddometer:
    I merely took your statement at face value. Revisionist. :fitz : )
  17. ZLTFUL

Oddometer:
    Not at all. Definitely could have been misconstrued that way but not my intent nor was my purpose to instigate an argument.
    Dorna saw fit to hold off any decision until the "hearing" at Sepang. Hence my reference.

Besides, Marc was just as aggressive in Moto2 and has yet to be bitten by the "unforgiving" Sepang Circuit...why would it be any different on a bike with 84848284 more rider aids?
  18. DogBoy

DogBoy Not a Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer:

Because its human nature to use things that are supposed to "help" to get yourself in ten times deeper trouble. :D
  19. mdubya

mdubya Right Brigade

Oddometer:
    Actually, he knocked himself out of the end of the 2011 season and his future was in doubt right up to the start of the 2012 season. He crashed on a wet corner (at Sepang) where they had a local shower and he suffered blurred vision which even required an operation in the off season.
  20. BOOTLACE

BOOTLACE Bikie Scum. Supporter

Oddometer:
    Me too Tezza. And the weekend after......:wink: Never thought I'd be rootin for VR 46, but I guess us old codgers have to stick together. Right?