Husqvarna TE-610 Owners Sign In Thread.

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by buffallodan, Aug 3, 2006.

1. bobnoxious67

bobnoxious67 Baby steps...

Oddometer:
    I'm with this guy. Don't listen to the fun-sponges and doomsayers...get him on that bike :deal
  2. xymotic

xymotic Long timer

Oddometer:

LOl, yeah this is me in a nutshell too, I lost my first license for points in 4 months. I don't even know how many times it's been suspended for a few months at a time. And the thing is, honestly the cops didn't catch me for 1/50th of what I actually did.

Please remember that the 610 in question is also a supermoto. My personal relationship with danger (and Law Enforcement) really centers around speed. Having a super powerful bike that winds out at 60 seems a lot less of an issue to me personally

I broke a Yamaha Riva in half too. You can still have lots and lots of fun without the speed.

I also agree with others in general to ignore the naysayers (like me) as long as you do it fully aware. I hate it when people want to limit choice because of lowest common denominator thinking. But at the same time I really don't think a young boy has any business riding a liter bike on the street either. I put the 610SM in much the same category.
  3. 686 Sahara

686 Sahara Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks everybody for all your concerns and input, as far as him losing his license for being stupid he will only riding with me or his older brother. As far as being responsible (90 in awash) if he wasn't capable of handling it he wouldn't be doing it with me. I lost my oldest Son :cry:cry a few years ago in a auto accident, so I don't think I would be jeopardizing my Son's life doing something he wasn't capable of handling. But I do really appreciate all the concerns but we all know this sport is inherently dangerously. My original question was more towards the bike, when he graduates we are planning a Father and Son trip for 2 weeks through Death Valley,Eastern Sierra's,Yosemite and return home down along the coast and back home to the Coachella Valley, so my question is this bike capable of handling such a trip without having to perform any maintenance, such as oil changes along the way. Thanks again P.S. A shout out and thanx to the guy who said don't listen to the naysayers. My Son and I are going to have a trip of a life together.
  4. xymotic

xymotic Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yes, the bike can absolutely do that trip. I took mine from LA to Cabo (on dirt), and then drove it all over Oregon with not much more than an oil change. (and hnesly not sure I did that.)
  5. StolenFant

StolenFant Life is good on this side of the grass Supporter

Oddometer:
    Sahara,
    I'm very sorry too have sounded like such a tool! The intent was only to be humorous, and upon rereading it, regret the whole thing. IKNOW y'all Will have a great time, and actually, I'm very envious. Please keep us posted on the trip. Now I'll tuck my tail and return to lurker status.
    Clint

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
  6. jrusto

jrusto n00b

Oddometer:
    I just bought a 2008 610 from my brother. Took it on a 80 mile shake down before I bought it and all seemed fine. A week later took it out for a 15 minute run and again all seemed fine until I pulled back into the carport when the bike would not idle and killed. Started it again but it would not idle. Started it again and it back fired and would not start. Kind of went over some things but with out even an owners manual I did not know where to look. Talked with my brother and found that it would not start with him after running fine on a trip to Colorado. He changed the fuel pump and it started back up. He told me that the battery might be old so I put a new battery in.

After installing the new battery, I tried to start it again and after a turning over a bit it back fired and then started but again would not idle. It started a couple more times and now will not start. I am new to four strokes especially with EFI systems.

I am not a total novice in motorcycle repair having worked my way through college at the now defunct Husky Dealership in the early 60 as well as wrenching on my sons Motocross efforts for a few years.

Any ideas on where to start would be greatly appreciated
  7. 1 lunger

1 lunger Long timer

Oddometer:
    I had the same thing going on with mine and it was bad gas / water in gas. Be careful when you wash it.
  8. fritzcoinc

fritzcoinc Enjoying my last V8 Supporter

Oddometer:
    Water in gas is a possibility.
    Then pull plug, check for spark.
    Check kill switch.
    Check clutch or side stand safites ( if it has them )
    Check fuel pump displacement ( is it pumping gas )
    squirt gas in the intake while cranking to see if it will fire.
    The usuall stuff. I doubt the service manual would be much help and probably does not have a trouble shooting section. If it did it would be a some wierd translation of Itialian.
  9. jrusto

jrusto n00b

Oddometer:
    Thanks for your response. I did pressure wash it since it was filthy from my shake down ride. I will check all the things you mentioned but how do I check fuel pump displacement. Dont know a lot about those things since I worked on simple 2 strokes. I would assume I would pull it off and turn the key on to see if it is spraying. Where is the best place to pull it apart to check.

Thanks again
    Rusty
  10. 1 lunger

1 lunger Long timer

Oddometer:
    These things hate pressure washing!!! To many parts that don't like water!! Just drain the gas, put some fresh in and give it a go. It might take awhile. Pull the air filter too and see if its water logged. You can stray some WD-40 in the inner screen of the intake and let it drain out with the water if there's any. The filters are very susceptible to getting wet one these bikes! I never had any trouble until I started riding in the snow.
  11. tlking6

tlking6 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Pull your spark plug lead and blow air in and around the plug. That port doesnt drain and any water in there at all will cause exactly what you described.
  12. Yossarian™

Yossarian™ Deputy Cultural Attaché

Oddometer:
    The plug is recessed pretty deeply in the head. I wish there were an easy way to clean the spark plug well. Can't exactly pull the plug and then blow any crap that's in the well around; some of it will end up in the cylinder. Best one can do is what tlking describes above; blow air into the well with the plug in place and that will hopefully clear out any crap.
  13. begeberg

begeberg Let it burn....

Oddometer:
    I hate to say this but you are describing EXACTLY how my bike acted when the fuel pump died. When you turn the key on does it prime for a few seconds? If not, start focusing there.

My pump took abpout 200 hundred miles to completely die, running rough, not idling and then finally backfiring a bit and then no start.

Halls has a better replacement pump and much cheaper as well.

14. uska

uska Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Picked up these babies but not sure if ill have to replace the bearings and spacers on both wheels?
    Maybe just the spacers between the bearings? Couldnt find out even though its been asked previously.

Anyone have sm front brake/caliper would want to sell or trade for te + $ ?

Edit: After speaking with Dan at Motoxotica, I found out they should bolt right up.
  15. stujamur

stujamur keep rollin rollin rollin

Oddometer:
    Fellas my mates 08 610 broke down last nt . Just stopped like it rang out of petrol .

Went and got trailer and upon return it fired up and ran fine again.

Bike often sits a month between rides not on charger so thinking battery may be cactus ?

Any other things i should check over ?

Got a descent ride coming up and don't want bike failing miles from no where .
  16. fritzcoinc

fritzcoinc Enjoying my last V8 Supporter

Oddometer:
    Dang! The Huskies are dropping like flies!
    See from post 25054 on.
  17. BrandonR

BrandonR Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    They are starting to age the newest 610's are 4 years old now, this thread will naturally turn from a "new bike" to a "how to fix" thread.
  18. Taranis

Taranis Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm looking to change the rear wheel on my 610 to a cush. Not really interested in this turning into a debate about whether that's necessary. I'm convinced it will be worth it in the long term, at least enough to spend my money, not yours, on it.

I've priced out RAD hubs, and they have been a site supporter at times.

I also discovered Haan hubs, which may be lighter, stronger and mo betta. They are made in Holland from 6082, which is the new 6061. Similar material breakdown and cost, but about 10-15% better mechanical properties across the board. They use Excel rims, which is obviously good. Pro Circuit recently started distributing them, but the flat-hatted mouth breather I talked with at their HQ on the phone today told me if it's not on their web site, please GFM.

Anyone have any experience with Haan hubs? Know if they make the TE610 application?
  19. stujamur

stujamur keep rollin rollin rollin

Oddometer:
    Battery test on 610 that died .

Battery read over 13v on multimeter , while idling over 14v and when reved to 3000 rpm droped to about 13.5v.

I know f all about this so googling as i go . From what i read drop in volts = bad battery , stator or rectifier ????

Mmm where to next .
  20. DutchGrandia

DutchGrandia b00n

Oddometer:
    They have an excellent reputation overhere, but we might be biased since they are Dutch :wink:
    Here's the 2011 catalogue (the 2012 is on their site, but for some reason does not include their wheels). As you can see, for other brands they have hubs with cush drive, but for husqvarna they don't list them. On the other hand, the Husqvarna Speedbrain team uses Haan wheels, so perhaps they have added them.
    You can always drop them a message at sales@haanwheels.com