The I LOVE THIS GUN Thread

Discussion in 'Shiny Things' started by HiTechRedneck, Nov 20, 2008.

1. rapidoxidationman

rapidoxidationman Easily trainable

Oddometer:
    CSM is two flights down...

Show me yer gunz!:lol3
  2. Gas Hog

Gas Hog Two Wheel Fanatic

Oddometer:
    Manufacturer here also, used to be firearms, but no more. I have had 2 former competitors contact me to get some machine time as they are flat out. Neither is going to expand..just make hay while they can.
    Gary
  3. 00SS

00SS Always a vicious cycle

Oddometer:
    +1 couldn't have said it better myself :rofl

With that, meet my newest member to the family:
    Rock Island 1911 45 ACP HiCap - 5"
    [​IMG]

I've already put Hogue wrap around grip and am ordering some Novak sights today. But i prob won't have the patience to wait and will take it this weekend to go break it in. It feels much better in my hand than my springfield ultra (double stack mag). This will not be a CC gun, so the 15 round mag doesn't bother me any :evil
  4. EvilGenius

EvilGenius 1.5 Finger Discount

Oddometer:
    RIA!!!! :clap

I love mine! :raabia
  5. Dooga

Dooga Adventure Tourer

Oddometer:
    I have a Gen 3 G23. The extraction problem often happens with Glocks over limp wristing. It's a very common problem, especially with Glocks. Their only real Kryptonite.
  6. Cumminsman76

Cumminsman76 befuddled

Oddometer:
    My guess is they are switching machines from other parts to increase lower production. Get them made before they are outlawed. Everything else can be made postban if that happens.
  7. GoGo Gadget

GoGo Gadget Long timer

Oddometer:
    Did some shooting the other day on one of those nice rare 65deg days in January.

I just mounted the scope on the AR. I need a new mount for it. 20+ years shooting M16/AR15 with my nose to the charging handle. The Leupold cantilever mount does not put it far enough forward for my shooting position. Gonna order an ADM recon X mount for it.

First time shooting the Savage Mk II. I have a Boyd's stock on order for it. I did not get to play much since some friends came over and they wanted to shoot a little more dynamically, but so far I like it.

[​IMG]
  8. 91Eunos

91Eunos zipper suited sun god

Oddometer:

I just put a Burris P.E.P.R. mount on my 300 BLK build AR...Leupold VX-R scope. Works like a champ to move the scope forward. Though from your description it sounds like you want to move the scope backwards?

[​IMG]

More here and here...
  9. CodeMonkee

CodeMonkee Geek Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Certainly.

The company I work for ramped up their production lines a while back, even putting on second shifts in some of their plants to meet demand. Now demand is down again and some orders have been cancelled, so a large backlog has almost evaporated.

The result? Layoffs in production plants. Possibly that may expand to the office and other non-production staff as well, including me. Boom and bust. It is a big risk to ramp up production. Much better to be struggling to meet demand than to to have to scale back because demand suddenly evaporates.

That said, I am not going to be doing any panic buying. I will be selling a few rifles while the prices are high, but I will still be staying below what many are asking. Later, when the panic subsides I will get some different rifles, but right now I have other uses for that money - like making mortgage payments if I get laid off.
  10. theothersean

theothersean dirty boy

Oddometer:
  11. xshanex

xshanex Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm just talking expanded shifts and that sort of thing. Yeah...not feasible to have machinery made and expand facilities. Those companies are making money hand over fist right now since shop/msrp prices have jumped about 50% in the last couple of months. I doubt an AWB ban will pass but its crazy to think of how many jobs in the industry would be gone and how many companies would be out of business

I'm waiting for a huge influx of ammo to hit the market at some point from foreign manufacturers since they have to deal with shipping and that sort of thing. My local trip to pick up some ammo blew my mind.....I have never seen a market so out of whack.

.308 and .223/5.56 and 30-06/.270/.243/30-30 all at about a buck a round for mid-level stuff....there's no cheap stuff anywhere and a lot of whats available is reloads at those crazy prices

steel case 7.62x39 is over 50 cents per round now

Brick of .22 is $47 now and thats for ok stuff

50 rounds of crap range 9mm is $27

50 rounds of ok range .40 is $17

50 rounds of ok range .45 acp is $20

Intersitngly enough the 440 round surplus cans of 7.62x54 are only $110
  12. urbancowboy

urbancowboy Vicious Cycler

Oddometer:
  13. theothersean

theothersean dirty boy

Oddometer:

thanks , the pistols were at about 20ft the 1st was a walther p22, then a sig p225 9mm and the last was at 50yrds with a ruger 10/22

now I need to find some more scrap steel peices , I want to make a steel flip down that when knocked down will flip up the cardboard shoot n see for the follow up shots . stay tuned .
  14. GoGo Gadget

GoGo Gadget Long timer

Oddometer:

No. The scope is too far backwards for me where it is. I want it another 3" forward or so. That way when I shoot in the position I would with iron sights, I have the proper eye relief with the optic.
  15. allonsye

allonsye ("lets go!")

Oddometer:
  16. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:
    H&K MP5SD comes to mind. Also the De Lisle from WWII.
  17. mikegc

mikegc Long timer Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Sad news this AM: Chris Kyle was kiiled at a gun range in Texas. He was nicknamed "The Devil of Ramadi" by Iraqi insurgents as he eliminated 160 of their numbers, including one he killed at a distance of 1.2 miles. This SEAL was a true American hero.

Mike
  18. Gas Hog

Gas Hog Two Wheel Fanatic

Oddometer:
    Unreal, He was the one that decked that scumbag Ventura. They have someone in custody, and its Texas, so hopefully they will take care of the problem quickly.
    RIP :cry
    Gary
  19. mikegc

mikegc Long timer Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yes, Gas Hog, he did knock the crap (hopefully) out of Jesse Ventura. I sure hated to see this great American cut down! Texas has the death penalty and they use it . . . swiftly.

Mike
  20. gofast1320

gofast1320 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Fellow showed up yesterday at the range I run with a couple of .22 pistols and ammo. He was excited to have found some .22 ammo for sale. The guy he bought it from wouldn't sell him more that 1,000 rds and this guy was thrilled to have gotten them for only $9.00/box of 50. ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!?? That's right, guy paid $9.00 per box of 50 for Winchester Wildcat .22 LR and bought 1,000rds. $25.00 worth of ammo for 180.00. It's been crazy now even crazier.