Msf brc rcp omg wtf lol

Discussion in 'The Perfect Line and Other Riding Myths' started by vaara, Jul 12, 2014.

1. dwoodward

dwoodward Long timer

Oddometer:
  2. dwoodward

dwoodward Long timer

Oddometer:
    Another thought on instructors passing v. students passing: The bar is higher (here) for Instructors. Keeping in mind our test is completely different: for students, after ten points in any section, the max is ten points. For instructors, more than 8 points in any section is an instant fail.

If I read the new MSF scoresheet right (from Vaara's link), the only section with a cap on points is the quick stop, at five points.
  3. SxyRdr

SxyRdr Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    It's my understanding that when the program changed to the BRC, there was a significant number of instructors who quit because they didn't want to have to learn a new program.

It's my guess that it'll happen again with the rollout of this new program.

Here in VA the bar is set fairly high to pass the riding test in RCP.
    No more than 8 points per exercise allowed and no more than 8 points total. So completely screw one exercise and you're done. Also, we did not get any practice time. We jumped onto cold bikes (literally.. it was November, early in the morning, about 30 degrees) and did our riding test.

It drives me nuts that I can't always successfully demo the tighter box... so I practice... and practice... and practice. I even practice on my own bikes. Yes, I still struggle with the CBR1kRR, but that's because I don't want to drop my beautiful girl in a screw up. I know the bike can do it because my son does it, no problem. Show off.... On the FZ-09, I can nail the lefts but the rights are giving me fits because of the width of the bars... I'm having trouble modulating the clutch with a full lock right (I've mentioned I'm tiny, right?). I'm close on the Wee (son's bike) but the rights are a problem, again because of the width... but it's slightly easier on the Wee because the throttle's not as twitchy as it is on the FZ (1st and 2nd gear both)... Hmmmm... just popped into my head, maybe if I put it in B mode (less responsive throttle)....

But yeah, I've seem some RCs who don't want to practice at all and totally screw up demos (especially the box) all the time. Some folks say that they think it eases the pressure on the students because they no longer feel they have to perform perfectly... I personally think it does a disservice to the students because now they're going "Well, if the pro can't do it, how in the world am I supposed to even come close?"

Don't get me wrong, a mistake here/there is one thing (I ran over cones in the perimeter turn last weekend :eek1 ) but to consistently be unable to successfully ride the demos?

I'm going solo again this weekend... so I have no choice in the matter. I have to ride each and every demo. And it's supposed to rain all weekend. Wheeee.....
  4. NoVa Rider

NoVa Rider Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Scoot up on the seat -- it might give you better clutch control on the rights. . .. :thumb
  5. 4TooMany

4TooMany Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Nope. I'm not saying all of our instructors are exactly the same, but every one of our instructors can do every demo and pass with zero points.

Either you're blowing this way out of proportion, or your program sucks at weeding out candidates BEFORE they become instructors.

Still sounds like a wee bit of internet bravado to me.
  6. SxyRdr

SxyRdr Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I know that trick... I'm almost sitting on the tank! I'm just short. :cry

I'll have to see if I have room to rotate the bars back on the FZ... that'll help, too.
  7. Jim Moore

Jim Moore Long timer

Oddometer:
  8. reddirtjoe

reddirtjoe motorcycle addict

Oddometer:
    Let's Ride some red dirt!!.... NorthCentOklahoma
    Vaara.......You completed and passed the RCP...
    Whats next??
  9. vaara

vaara Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Teaching my first BRC (with extra support) the weekend after next, then another one the following weekend.

At some point there will be a meeting/training about the new classroom curriculum, too.
  10. motorat

motorat Is it raining

Oddometer:
    there is the anual profesional developement workshop in october.

The CMSP Professional Development Workshop series registration is now open!

October 4 - Glendale
    October 5 - Carlsbad
    October 25 - San Jose
    October 26 - Sacramento

you should have gotten the email this week.
    we will find out what's going on at the meeting.
  11. vaara

vaara Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    And here I was going to go on a 2-week moto trip starting 10/14. :kboom