TWO, THC, and THNX 2010

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by Steverino, Apr 22, 2010.

1. Steverino

Steverino Arrogant Horse's Ass #1

Oddometer:
    Been a while since I did one of these. I'll give it a shot until I get boring (too boring). Decided to ride to TX for the Texas Hill Country(THC) shin dig. Then Willy-B's Trailer Trash suare' at Two Wheels Only in Suches, GA.

Seemed simple enough, get my KTM ready for 4500 miles in 10 days, no problem. So I got it all ready to go and a couple of weeks before I was to leave the rear shock blew. So off to Superplush for a rebuild. Due to issues beyond my control, they did not get back to me in time. So at the last minute I had to get my new to me R100GS ready to go. Got it all sorted and this is the way it looked the day I left.

[​IMG]

I left Friday morning with the first days goal to get to Suches, GA. Could not make myself do all slab so I hopped on the Blue Ridge Parkway at Afton Mtn.

[​IMG]

The views did not suck.

[​IMG]

Apparently I was having more fun than the Park Rangers intended so they stopped me to chat about it.

This is what I thought of the warning ticket.

[​IMG]

I guess I should have been more appreciative of the fact that it was only a warning ticket. 65 in a 45 on the parkway can be a pretty spendy ticket. :deal

I wicked down a bit for a while. :evil But avoided any more run ins with the Rangers. I got to where the BRP crosses the James River and found out that my friendly Rangers were going to officially end my fun.

[​IMG]

Hopped off and took 501 to 130 over to Glasgow. A road that does not suck either. :ricky

After that I settled in to riding 81, my favorite Road ever. :puke2 Not. I despise I-81. But it was a necessary evil. I noticed before getting on 81 I was having light issues. It appeared to me that the HID bulb was loose on the lamp housing. Stopped and put it back in and went about my way. Not long after it happened again. So I turned off the HID and just tan on the aux light for a while.

My next gas stop afforded me the chance to replace the HID with the stock H4 bulb I carry. What happened is the plastic housing of the HID bulb had broken and was allowing the bulb to just flop around. The stock bulb does not use the plastic housing so it worked fine. I love repairs on the road...:evil

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Of course I left the GPS on when I did this and the bike would not start. Thank goodness for kind strangers and my Bitty Booster Cables. After I got it started it was just more I-81 slogg down to I-26 and over to Irwin, TN. Here I picked up TN 352 which turns into NC 212. Time for more fun. :clap

After hours of slogging on the slab it was fun to ride some good twisties. I noticed traffic was more than usual especially heading into Hot Springs, NC. It appears that the closed I-40 is directing traffic onto these fun back roads and clogging all the fun stuff.

Most of them stayed on 25 back to 40 and I went straight on 209. :ricky I decided to try out the HD feature of Gwen's camera. Took a Gorilla Pod and wrapped it around the bars. Pretty rudimentary but it worked.

[​IMG]

Seemed to work fine...I had to stop for the tractor trailer that was stuck trying to turn around on the tight road. Eventually the Trooper let us go and the fun was on again.

[​IMG]

I love this road...

Then it was back to slogging on 4 lane as I cut across NC to Suches. The rest of the day was even more boring than this and I got there around 10:00. Ronald the greeter was there to greet all on their arrival.

Got to run...BBL
  2. GB

GB . Administrator Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    Lovely intro... gotta hand it you.. removing the gas tank on the road... :thumb

You got lucky on the BRP with that warning ticket.. an inmate on here that I know wasn't so lucky.. 62 in the 45 cost him a night in the county jail... his bike was impounded and had to hire a lawyer to sort things out.. $2000 later, he was back on the road. :cry

:lurk
  3. -N8-

-N8- Ride like you stole it!!

Oddometer:

:super
  4. soboy

soboy Long timer

Oddometer:
    I had a nice chat with one of BRP's finest after he clocked me at 60 near Asheville on my Transalp. He was actually a decent fella, had never seen a TA before and was very interested in my bike. Let me go with a warning.
  5. Steverino

Oddometer:
    I was not kidding, Ronald was there to greet all that arrived at TWO.

[​IMG]

I have not camped in a while. It was cold as hell Friday night and I was reminded that a 12 degree sleeping bag is not enough when the temps are in the 30's. But it was a good night.

Saturday AM we got up and had to wait for Willy-B to finish playing with his meat before we went for a ride.

[​IMG]

Land, Phideaux, Knybnjo, Willy-B, and I rode out 60 to 68 and over to Tellico Plains.

It was a spirited ride to say the least. :evil

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(Click on the pic to see the video)

Some pics taken by Land.

[​IMG]

When we got to Tellico we stopped at Minimike's fine establishment to do some shopping.

[​IMG]

Then we had a little fun on the Cheroholla Skyraceway. :evil

[​IMG]

(click on the pic to see the video :augie)

BRB got to upload one more video...
  6. Dancer

Dancer Another Dan

Oddometer:
  7. mike

mike Long timer

Oddometer:
    :bubba Looks good.
  8. Land

Land Wanderer

Oddometer:

Good times.:nod

Chris
  9. phideaux

phideaux Long timer Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    It was great to meet and ride with you Steve.:thumbup Beautiful GS! I'm so glad you got to pass me on 68.:bash

Give a shout next time you're in our neck of the woods.
  10. phideaux

Oddometer:
    Steverino and friends wait out the captured Capnord on the Cherohalla Raceway:

[​IMG]

Now was that 60 I just flew up??

[​IMG]
  11. knybanjo

knybanjo kinda slow

Oddometer:
    Steve it was good to see you again!! :wave and I really enjoyed that run across the Cherohala Saturday! :ricky

Ronald kind of gave me the creeps though.....that flux aint right. :loco
    [​IMG]

I can't believe how good that R100 looks either! :thumb

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

You somehow managed to evade the lens of my camera....or did you find it and delete yourself? :patch

But I did catch a bit of the action! :evil
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:fyyff See ya at the Eastern Rendezvous in a few weeks!! :beer
  12. Willy-B

Willy-B onebudwiser

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

LAND!!! LAND!!! Come in, Land.:ear

This is the part where I had Steve's cousin 'Skinny' distracted....You were supposed to have jacked that pristine bimmer.:thwak ....:scratch Somewhere's along this point and time, according to the conversation we had before leaving TWO.

Remember? We had discussed how funny it would be leaving him standing there in disbelief...

:lol3
  13. Land

Land Wanderer

Oddometer:
    I missed my chance.:baldy I think I was looking at some motor-sickle site on the InnerWebs when I should have been stealing the R100.:baldy

I've decided to wait until he gets all that electrical stuff sorted before I swipe it, anyway, so it's all good.:augie

Chris
  14. Land

Land Wanderer

Oddometer:
    Doesn't Queen have a song about this one?
    [​IMG]

"TRI-cycle!
    TRI-cycle!
    I want to ride my tri-cycle,
    I want to ride my trike!

"I want to ride my tricycle,
    I want to ride it where I like!
    TRI-cycle!
    TRI-cycle!"

:D
    Chris
  15. Land

Land Wanderer

Oddometer:
    And an instant later.:evil
    [​IMG]

Chris
  16. Willy-B

Willy-B onebudwiser

Oddometer:
    What'd he do to that thing, hop it up? It sure had a set of pistons.:deal

The nine fiddy is certainly humbled now.:cry

It was a pleasure being able to ride with all of you, that was a big deal for this 'ole Georgia boy.:nod:clap :deal Let' get together again a little more often.:wink:

Real nice hanging out at the races with you, Chris. Sorry for joining the party a little later than planned. Good times in the memory bank indeed.:thumb

Hiya, Gwen.:wave :nomystery :shog Hope to see you soon.:nod Here's to hoping.:beer
  17. Steverino

Oddometer:
    Hey Willy, can't get the last video to upload. The one where you went by me on the Skyraceway like I was standing still.

Willy ripping across the Skyway with Land and Phideaux in the background, I am lost somewhere...

[​IMG]

Yours truly compliments of Killboy I think...

[​IMG]

Land...

[​IMG]

Phideaux...

[​IMG]

Knybanjo, if he had been there.

[​IMG]

Group shot...

[​IMG]

See Kevin was not there...

Great day here too Billy, would ride with any of you FF's any time. Really enjoyed it.
  18. Land

Land Wanderer

Oddometer:
    As Billy said, that day was definitely one for the memory banks.:clap I'd ride with any of you FFs any day you'd have me.:nod

Now, back to :lurk for a while.:deal

Chris
  19. knybanjo

knybanjo kinda slow

Oddometer:
    I hate that I missed it. :cry

:rofl
  20. phideaux

Oddometer:
    Don't be so sorry you missed it Kev.
    Those guys drink beer, ride fast, do pop-a wheelies and stuff like that.
    Hooligans!

FIDO