KTM 690 Enduro owners show off your bike !

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by ADVTuga, Sep 28, 2010.

1. sdd04

sdd04 Long timer

Oddometer:
    The Ozarks....SW MO, NW AR-great place to play!
    1 more day..... lol, Early Grats!
  2. lightfighter

lightfighter where does this go?

Oddometer:
    Other than a tach, I don't imagine it is receiving different inputs than the 09-11 units. If you aren't afraid of a little wire cutting, I'd bet a dollar($1, one... No more) that it could be done. I wouldn't bother, but I'd bet that dollar just becuase. What could go wrong? ;)

Anyway, isn't there even a tachometer lead on the bikes that don't have a tach? Two wires ending in a female plug under the speedo?
  3. Madimax

Madimax Adventure rider

Oddometer:
    New tires! Motoz Tractionator Enduro I/T. Bad pics with my old W810i phone.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

//Peter
  4. dunefreak

dunefreak Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    What does? Ground clearance? Because that's the same as a 2012. Same suspension travel as well.

Suspension travel Front 250 mm (9.84 in)
    Suspension travel Rear 250 mm (9.84 in)

Brake system Front Disc brake with dual-piston brake caliper, floating
    Brake system Rear Disc brake with single-piston brake caliper, floating
    Brake discs – diameter Front 300 mm (11.81 in)
    Brake discs – diameter Rear 240 mm (9.45 in)
    Chain 5/8 x 1/4” X‑ring
    Steering head angle 63°
    Wheelbase 1,504±15 mm (59.21±0.59 in)
    Ground clearance unloaded 280 mm (11.02 in)

Suspension travel Front 250 mm (9.84 in)
    Suspension travel Rear 250 mm (9.84 in)

Brake system Front Disc brake with dual-piston brake caliper, floating
    Brake system Rear Disc brake with single-piston brake caliper, floating
    Brake discs - diameter Front 300 mm (11.81 in)
    Brake discs - diameter Rear 240 mm (9.45 in)
    Chain 5/8 x 1/4” X‑ring
    Steering head angle 63°
    Wheelbase 1,504±15 mm (59.21±0.59 in)
    Ground clearance unloaded 280 mm (11.02 in)
  5. Trailblazin

Trailblazin Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  6. everetto

everetto Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  7. BK.RD.RNR

BK.RD.RNR Torque Stick

Oddometer:
    I'm a fan of the rear tire for dirt, never ran the front. The rear will wear out quickly on pavement.
  8. dep411

dep411 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    These go to 11, lmao.
  9. ten.98

ten.98 ...leave a trail

Oddometer:
    What mirrors are you using in this pic? I'm having a hard time locating mirrors like that that will work on a 1 1/8" bar.
  10. Baja Dad

Baja Dad Long timer

Oddometer:
    that is the same Tach that is on my 2008 690E
  11. Madimax

Madimax Adventure rider

Oddometer:
  12. wsmc831

wsmc831 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Right, but as he said, he wants to know if it will work on his 11, which has a dash unit off the exc's, not the 08/12 part.
  13. poondangle

poondangle Slow

Oddometer:
    So for some reason, today was the day my GoPro decided to quit recording sound???
    <object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PS2uUS6KYuk?hl=en_US&amp;version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PS2uUS6KYuk?hl=en_US&amp;version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
  14. DirtSolace

DirtSolace Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    shit......can't figure out how to download PIC--obviously, it's a 2013 690 Enduro R

Hi to all,

1st, thanx for all your efforts: I've been gettin great info from this sight for the past few months. Took delivery on Thursday and passed 200 miles today (Sat). I'm a rookie moving up from Yamaha XT 250 I bought and dropped a lot starting this last December. Usual for me is ride 20 miles of asphalt twisties up a big hill; then catch 20 miles of dirt on either a West running or East running ridge (spectacular views); then 20 miles down (asphalt again) for home (Santa Barbara CA). I'm an old guy (63) trying to not get hurt. New bike unreal, especially when I put it on #2 Mapping and tore apart uphill twisties....still being VERY cautious in the dirt...REALLY don't want to lay it down.... much easier trashing the Yamaha.

Hope to share more technical stuff down the road: for example, there are some small differences 2012 against 2013: front brake and fuel line track in front of bikini 2012 and behind 2013. Touratech windscreen ONLY works for lines BEHIND screen...

adios--stan
  15. Pantah

Pantah Jiggy Dog Fan Supporter

Oddometer:
    Welcome Stan - I ride mine about like you suggest you do. The bike gets a lot better with miles. Mine is smooth now at 3500.

I really like the tires, but I have had the back end step out on me in the paved twisty's. Both on the brakes and on the gas, so be a little cautious with them.

16. Madimax

Madimax Adventure rider

Oddometer:
    Went for a coooold ride today, now she's going back in to the garage.:vardy
    [​IMG]

//Peter
  17. sprouty115

sprouty115 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I did the exact same thing: picked up the bike, froze my ass off putting the first 28 miles on it, then tucked in in my shed.

[​IMG]
  18. sdd04

sdd04 Long timer

Oddometer:
    The Ozarks....SW MO, NW AR-great place to play!
    But, the crappy weather offers a chance to look under the skin on a beautiful bike!

Couple of quick observations from yesterday. Don't know when these things changed, but they have. The fuel vent now plugs into the base of the fuel fill ala CJ style, and the top lip of the fuel opening is about a half inch from where the dirt will gather around the base of the cap area. The key in the cap still feels like it will break off. I installed CJ's setup.

I pulled the airbox off the bike as I needed to trim up some flashing for the UNI to fit well. With all the sides off, my cooling fan does not look like the one in the pics in the WIKI thread. Again, don't know when it was changed.

Also noted that the upper rad guard plastic that is still bolted to the radiator looks like plastic guard should pull off inwardly in the event of a crash perhaps without tearing the bolt out of the rad because of the way they relieved the plastic guard around the bolt. The bottom bolt and nut plate still look like potential rad killers.

I did change the routing on the wiring to the ignition switch. On my bike the wires were pinned against the right front airbox mount bracket by the main harness that travels through there. There is plenty of room to arrange it in a different manner.

My first KTM, and I found it much more akin to working on my race car, and not the other motorcycles I've owned. Really happy with the bike. Now if this sinus mess and weather would move on...........
  19. MakoRider

MakoRider Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Looks sweet. I feel like a kid again. Supposed to pick mine up in Georgia around April 4 or 5th. I am excited looking at your 690. I am all over the place like an ADHD squirrel. Looking at stuff online to put on it. And loving it as Maxwell Smart used to say. I could maybe squeeze out enough $ for an exhaust first. Probably don't really NEED it, but from the advr threads it sounds like from the heat factor alone, it would be COOLER to have an after market exhaust from the git go. Just worry if that alone would void the WARRANTY. How long/miles is the warranty good for? From what I read if you just do the exhaust, you may get away with no mapping. At least that is what the Wings website said. Also people saying the FMF with a 15 minute idle sets up the computer/ECU. I have only had carburetors on my previous bikes. Don't know about FI ECUs, but am willing to learn. Guess I am going to have to. I welcome your comments about your exhaust knowledge with the 690. See ya.
    :D:lol3:clap

Wife's not too happy about it. She's probably jealous having to share me with the Orange Queen. And when she found out how much $. She just does not understand. :huh
  20. dep411

dep411 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    ^^^ where in Georgia are you picking it up?