Triumph Scrambler

Discussion in 'Triumph Tigers' started by danger_dave, May 29, 2006.

1. Mastodon

Mastodon Mother F'n Dinosaur

Oddometer:
    It's been months since I've last heard a set of TORs so I can't really offer a good comparison, but I keep reading that the bafflectomized exhaust is kinda somewhere in between stock and TORs. It's been in the low 20's(F) so I haven't gotten a chance to ride it yet. :vardy Keep replaying that video and you'll have heard my bike more than I have :cry

It may be below freezing, but it was sunny enough I was able to pull the bike into the driveway and take a better picture of it with the painted heat shields and rear reservoir shield. Maybe it's because I'm used to seeing it the other way, or maybe I'm being a little OCD and it's because of the small flaws in the paint that I know are there along with knowing the paint doesn't quite match the rest of the black on the bike, but I'm not quite sure what I think of it. At least I know I can always buy a replacement set if I decide I really don't like it.

[​IMG]
  2. vonfink13

vonfink13 2013 Scrambler

Oddometer:

that bike is beautiful...love the silver bolts on the black pipes...really nice...
  3. DRZ400SK4

DRZ400SK4 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Fresh outta the crate, and never been started, in that shot. As virgin as they get. :wink:
  4. xaman

xaman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Looks great to me Tstorm.

Congrats DRZ, that's gorgeous. :clap
  5. B02S4

B02S4 Aye

Oddometer:
    Super nice. And listening to the Arrow-equipped 865/270 is like having aural sex :D
  6. DRZ400SK4

DRZ400SK4 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I've been riding for nearly 40 years, and have owned dozens of bikes, but I have to admit that the Scrambler, with the Arrow pipe (sans pea-shooter), is the best sounding motorcycle I have ever heard.

Pure bliss!

:thumb
  7. Dcc46

Dcc46 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    New member of the scrambler club. Here's my new addition. I couldn't wait any more for a used one to show up.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  8. xaman

xaman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Beautiful, congrats! :clap
  9. Chowdown

Chowdown Texas Aussie

Oddometer:
    January in Texas. 70 degrees this past weekend...doin' it tough. (yes, i know the pipes are wrong. dealership did it and i havent felt the need to change them yet)

[​IMG]
  10. JustKip

JustKip Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm hoping somebody can help me decide if it's feasible to convert a bonneville to a scrambler, since I've got a line on a cheap one(under $4k), or if I'd be money ahead to just get a scrambler?

Does a scrambler have differnt shocks and forks? I've never ridden one, just the bonnie, and I would want stiffer springs and longer travel and real knobbies

Also, and most improtantly (to my drug addled mind at the moment) does somebody make a left hand replacement exhaust system?

and what about that solo seat with the rack? I've heard they're not that strong? Is there some other solo and aftermarket rack available?

If my questioning seems incoherant, I jst had surgury and still doped up, but I've been thinking of this project for a few months now, and I have time to shop for parts and plan now.

thanks
  11. B02S4

B02S4 Aye

Oddometer:
    Yeah, you can Scramble a Bonnie, however Bonnies have the 360 motor.

You could go with something like a Zard 2>1 low pipe exhaust, & then you wouldn't have to change the starboard-side Bonnie side cover.

To me though, a big part of Scrambler charm is that 270 motor. For that reason alone, for me, a Scrambled Bonnie would never satisfy.
  12. The Killstar

The Killstar Ted Simon Acolyte

Oddometer:
    I am sort of trying to Scramblerize my Bonneville. In all honesty, besides the engine and a bit more ground clearance, I don't see why the Bonnie can't do everything the Scrambler can.

I think I've posted this pic before, but I'm kinda going for a desert sled/touring/cafe. Probably not pulling it off, but oh well.
    [​IMG]
  13. soundcc

soundcc Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    please, anywhere (on two wheels), but not here
    I just installed a Seat Concepts seat upgrade to my mooorsickle. The fit and finish was supreme and the extra height will get me closer to nirvana. The original find for a seat upgrade was found in this thread and I was impressed enough with my findings that I shipped the seat to them and had it back before the rains quit. I am planning a trip to Panama and am headed to the inaugural Circuit of the Americas GP race in Austin Texas and new that a seat upgrade was in order. I can say that the company knows how to treat a customer and many a aftermarket manufacture-supplier could learn from thier practices..
    I will follow up with my findings in the comfort department as miles tick by.
  14. Chuck Pryce

Chuck Pryce Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I did not like the 270 motor, so I am scrambling a bonneville.
  15. 2T2_Ryder

2T2_Ryder Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Nice!! I went through the same thing waiting for a used one to show up for almost a year before I just bit the bullet and bought my 2013 in matte graphite. The black looks great, congrats man, you'll love it!
  16. falconrider

falconrider Adventurer

Oddometer:
  17. ferals5

ferals5 Grumpa

Oddometer:

Great colour :wink:

I :raabia black bikes

[​IMG]
  18. gseur

gseur Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hi JustKip, I've ridden Bonnie Se, Bonnie T100 and don't like them. I've test ridden the Scram and just love it.
    So I will just advertise to test a Scram before you do anything. There's a big difference between the two motor, ground clearance and so on.
  19. Frey Bentos

Frey Bentos Probably doing a drawing. Or scratching my arse.

Oddometer:
    This looks beautiful. I think the single pipe is 100% improvement on the original pipes that look like a couple of droopy dog dicks and quite frankly spoil the whole shebang.
  20. Boola-Boola

Boola-Boola Scramblin' Man

Oddometer:
    +1 :clap