Smokin deal on Geigerrig hydration pack and camp pads at Costco

Discussion in 'The Rockies – It's all downhill from here...' started by COracer, May 8, 2013.

1. modette

modette Rider

Oddometer:
    You can go to the Customer Service counter and ask for a one day temp pass. They want you to try them so you will join, think of it as a Gym you can always get a temp pass to "try" them out.
  2. modette

modette Rider

Oddometer:
    Yep, but he could join go in buy the bag and then go to the custoemr service desk and say I don't like it and they will hand him the $55 back. I LOVE Costco for the no hassle policy.

Want to hear stories on return of tires, or this and that...I got plenty through my Uncle who works in shipping & receiving one day week just to keep busy since he retired like 8 years ago. There are some classic stories even TV's that YOUR NOT SUPPOSE TO RETURN...yep they still do. All to please the customer.
  3. rob feature

rob feature pull my finger

Oddometer:
    :thumb
  4. DaleE

DaleE TransAlp Adv

Oddometer:
  5. TooFast

TooFast Long timer

Oddometer:
    There aren't any Geigerrig Rig 1200 3L hydration packs for sale at the Arvada Costco - they only stock High Sierra packs. A clerk checked their computer and thought possibly it was a " Road Show" item, that's when vendors travel to various Costcos for a few days having temporary sales. Just did an online Costco search and came up empty handed.

Maybe COracer can chime in if it looked like a regular stock item or not - did they have very many before I drive to Park Meadows?

I did get a one day pass but you have to join for $55 to buy anything...I got a free lunch sampling about 10 different food vendors.
  6. MeterPig

MeterPig Meh

Oddometer:

Geigerrig and Costco are in the title.

It's a roadshow item where basically both companies break even on the product and not much more.

I do support both Cohvco and the BRC and even occasionally shop at Sprouts. FYI.
  7. BillyGoatGruff

BillyGoatGruff Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    So, has anyone else found this pack at any other Costcos? I checked the Springs and nothin. I also had a friend in Denver check around and nothin. She even called the Park Meadows store and they said no record of it in there system. What gives? COracer, are you sure you were in a Costco? (lol!)
    Are you sure it was a Geigerrig pack?

I would love to get one of these at that price. I've been eyeing this pack for a while now and just cant get myself to spend the $150 to get one.

Any additional info would be appreciated.

BGG
  8. BuilderScott

BuilderScott Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I checked the Superior location and nada...
  9. unaweep

unaweep Uses lotsa band-aids

Oddometer:
    :lol3

This thread is AWESOME!:clap
  10. bradrh

bradrh Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    :thumb
    I can't believe I read the whole thing :lol3
    My wife says she won't move to Durango cuz they don't have a costco
  11. KawaYamaSaki Ho

KawaYamaSaki Ho Reality burns!

Oddometer:
    The new Costco on Nevada in Colorado Springs has 2 pallets of them in stock. I bought one yesterday. Good luck.
  12. COracer

COracer Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Wow never intended to be controversial...next time I will keep the hookups to myself. As a former racer people were always scrounging for gear and tire money, was just passing along a good buy. And yes I did buy a Geigerrig at Costco, it is not Snuffalufagus.
  13. TooFast

TooFast Long timer

Oddometer:

It was a great tip, thanks and keep it up - I visited the Park Meadows Costco later and they were there just like you posted, bought two Geigerrigs as a matter of fact and the Lightspeed sleeping pad. Maybe 6 or so left.
  14. docwyte

docwyte Long timer

Oddometer:
    I was just there and I didn't see the packs. Where are they in the store? I did buy a sleeping pad, tent and sleeping bag tho.
  15. BillyGoatGruff

BillyGoatGruff Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    COracer, I appreciate the heads up on any good buys on gear. Thanks.

KawaYamaSaki Ho, Awesome! Thanks for the info! I guess I picked the wrong Springs Costco to check.

Thanks Guys
    BGG
  16. Gitana

Gitana A work in progress

Oddometer:
    I love my Wolfman pack. And I have a Geirgerrig, which I bought when they were first getting off the ground. Awesome customer service, but I like my Wolfman version more. Carries more stuff. Geigerrig is run by really good folks, in Utah. And Costco rocks. I am a diehard Costco fan. It's a well-run company, the CEO doesn't get paid a ridiculous amount of money, they treat their employees well, and they have many loyal, long-term employees. I really hate being lectured about where I should be buying my stuff and from whom.
  17. AURIDE

AURIDE Outback somewhere...

Oddometer:
    Nice buy... let's keep riding affordable..
  18. mrfallover

mrfallover Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Well said.
  19. unaweep

unaweep Uses lotsa band-aids

Oddometer:
    +1 :clap

You wrote my thoughts.:lol3 Better than I could have!
  20. TooFast

TooFast Long timer

Oddometer:

Last Saturday they are (were) in the camping section, to the right of the sierra packs. One verticle stack in cardboard displays. I walked by them a couple times thinking the wide sierra display was all they had. There was even one sierra pack laying on top of the RS1200s. Good luck, this is the best pack I have ever seen. Check out their website videos if you haven't yet. I also contacted them for the free filter and feed tube.