Schuberth Helmets for ADVRiders

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by BoochZilla, Nov 2, 2010.

1. TallRob

TallRob Long timer

Oddometer:
    There are a few very cool European companies making battery powered and solar cell powered photochromic visor appliques. I know they can be brought into the states but no one is directly selling them yet.
  2. aprilian

aprilian Can I change this?

Oddometer:
    I just had the same leaking yesterday on my C2. The bottom sealed nicely (based on the growing puddle I could see) but the top did not. Last night I cleaned the hemet and the top does not look like it is sealing all the way round. This is the second shield on this helmet, could it need adjusting due to differences in shape? I checked the adjusting bolts under the screen retainers and they don't seem to move in a direction that would tighten the top.

What is this "clicking" of the face shield and did the C2 have that too?

The screen was definately not in the "city" position.
  3. ttpete

ttpete Rectum Non Bustibus

Oddometer:
    The C3 has a detent on the center bottom of the visor that engages a projection on the chinbar. It snaps shut positively and requires a good push either opening or closing.
  4. DiabloADV

DiabloADV Semi-Occasional

Oddometer:
    Cross-posting this question from Equipment forum...

I got a virtually-new C3 from an inmate here. I really want to like it. I like everything about it except....

The chin strap bites into my neck! It seems positioned in the helmet closer to my adam's apple than other helmets. It's like I need it to be more forward.

Is there any fix for this that you folks are aware of, or do I need to put this back on the flea market and move on?
  5. TallRob

TallRob Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hey I just got my Revzilla Yellow C3! :clap and it FITS! perfectly!!

Concerning the water getting through the top of the visor. I devised a very simple test. Since water vapor (fog aka my horrible breath) is basically rain but in a smaller scale. It will get through any gaps and it will show on the inside of the visor.
    So what you do is first make sure the visor is completely shut. Then get nice and personal with your C3. Place your mouth on the upper cornerof the closed visor and slowely breath on it. It will fog up the visor. If the seal fails . The opposite (far) side of the visor will fog. Thus displaying the location of the gap in the seal. Just repeat this along the top of the visor to the other side.
    See, its just that easy. If the fog gets past the seal then rain will too.
  6. TallRob

TallRob Long timer

Oddometer:
    cant get over at how the collar and chin flap just seals everything up around your neck. I can hardly wait to see how much quieter this over my 7yr old helmet that has huge gaps around my neck.
  7. BoochZilla

BoochZilla Metal.Moto.Mania.

Oddometer:
    Hey Diablo,

That sounds like one of those personal preference based on your physiology, it does have a fully encompassing chin curtain which could connect with a pronounced adam's apple.

I don't know what you could do about it other than perform surgery on the helmet yourself, but at that point...

I have a longer narrower head and I had to get used to the decrease in clearance... and I did.. if it doesn't work for you it sounds like back on the block it could go.

Thanks,

Anthony

8. BoochZilla

Oddometer:
    Rock on TallRob.

-Average-Height Anthony

9. TallRob

TallRob Long timer

Oddometer:
    Did a 5 hr ride today. Boy, that pinlock really does work as an anti-fog device.
    One problem arose. The dreaded forehead pressure point. It got so painful that I had to pull over. The pressure comes at that center area forward of the top vent holes. Its right were that center peice of the liner comes down to meet the forehead band. So what do you use to relieve that?
    The helmet matches my motoport gear really well.
    [​IMG]
  10. Boondox

Boondox Travels With Barley

Oddometer:
    I've ridden in rain with my C3 before, but yesterday I rode in torrential rain for about half an hour. Visibility was awful and I assumed water had run down the inside of my visor. When I got home and removed the helmet I found water and condensation between the visor and the pinlock visor. That really surprised me as the pinlock had worked perfectly till then.

PS: Also got condensation in one of my Krista lights and the halogen driving light on my sidecar. The rain and wind was the strongest I've ever ridden in.
  11. createAbang

createAbang Vagabundos del Moto

Oddometer:
    Had the very same problem with mine. Compress the foam behind the liner at the pressure point. I was able to do it with my thumb, others have suggested the back of a spoon or the rounded end of a short screw driver. Wife's has been a little more persistent. Have applied the thumb compression several times. Works for a day then the foam seems to gradually spring back to it's original place. Hoping repeated applications will gradually convince it to stay put!
  12. ttpete

ttpete Rectum Non Bustibus

Oddometer:
    The pinlock has to be centered vertically so the sealing bead around the edge bears down and seals all around. Lay the shield face down on a towel and spread the ends until the pinlock is free and move it up or down until it seals all around. It may take a few tries until it's OK.
  13. thjakits

thjakits Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey Diablo,

I had the same impression about the chin strap.

I am getting used to it, but I have to be very careful to properly lay the protectors of the chinguard.
    If they slide off to either side I cannot bear it.

If they are properly lined-up it's okay.....

Also I don't like that the visor will not stay open beyond about 110km/h.....

pinlock visor works perfect, but my glasses still fog up!

Cheers,

thjakits
  14. Boondox

Oddometer:
    Anthony -- I'm now in Thunder Bay ON enroute to the RA Rally in Chippewa Falls via the top of Lake Superior. I had a major issue with the C3/SRC system today and need your advice.

I love this helmet and have probably 4k miles on it now, but the water flecking issue I reported a few weeks ago (when riding in rain I feel flecks of water hitting my face) was much worse in the heavy rains I've experienced on this trip. Chin vent position doesn't make a difference, but I do notice it more at 50mph or higher in moderate to heavy rain. The speed it happens makes me wonder if turbulence off the windscreen (ZTechnik) is causing the visor to flutter a bit allowing water to enter. I've pressed the visor quite firmly and even tried to slam it shut a few times, but it doesn't make a difference. My riding buddy has the same helmet and he is able to lock the visor down with a firm slam. The only way I can do that is with both hands pressing very firmly at the bottom pull tabs, and then in the wind it often opens a crack. It appears to be installed correctly and moves freely thru the entire range except that last critical snap shut.

After four hours in moderate to heavy rain today I could feel water dripping down my neckline. At a gas station when I opened the chin guard and swung the mike out of the way I noticed it was completely soaked with water. A few minutes later the mike stopped working completely: I could hear my riding buddy but not reply, and when my wife called I could hear her but was unable to reply to her.

I've also had water drops collect between the visor and the pinlock, at times reducing my visibility to unsafe levels. I don't understand that, as the pinlock worked well from day one until just a week ago. The silicone seems to be in contact with the visor all the way around, but it's really become a problem.

What is going on with me and this helmet? It is by far the most comfortable helmet I've ever worn, but for the price I expect to be able to use it in any conditions. I ride a GS, not one of those chrome-laden things that only come out on sunny days. And now it looks like the visor leakage issue has ruined a $400 comm system in the middle of a ride far from home.
  15. BoochZilla

Oddometer:
    Hey Boondox,

This is disconcerting. I am wondering if you just have a dud or if there is any magic solution, but I think we need to take our communication to the next level.

Let us know if your SRC doesn't start working again when it dries out.

Either way it sounds like we need to pop on the phone and talk about next steps. You should expect things to work seamlessly, you invested in the best.

I am currently in Italy seeing the 2012 Dainese line and forum or email are probably not the most effective next steps for you at this point.

Patrick is our GM at RevZilla. I just sent him a note to look for your call. He is at 877 792 9455 x104.

We will absolutely help knock this out for you, but we just need to talk through the best course of action.

Do you mind giving us / Patrick a shout?

Thanks for your patience, Boon.

Anthony

16. Zeekster

Zeekster Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Wow been Awhile...Yep Got into some wet stuff 2-day and found that I'm dry inside when I SNAP it shut(visor) Now not to be a whiner I could not see to good from the fog...Might have to use that whachamacallit thingy...:eek1
  17. TallRob

TallRob Long timer

Oddometer:
    started noticing a gap between my wind screen and the rubber seal of my helmet.
  18. TallRob

TallRob Long timer

Oddometer:
    Has anyone else been having trouble with thier pinlocks cracking the the shield? I just noticed that I have cracks on both pinlock posts. The cracks are radiating out. I have only used this helmet for 3 weekends and it's shield is cracking.....Crazy!:huh
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  19. Boondox

Oddometer:
    Barley and I are in Marion OH now, on the way home to VT. After several days of dry weather the SRC is working well again, though since my riding buddy took a different route home I'm not able to test the intercom function.

I continue to enjoy this helmet a lot, though continue to have trouble getting it to fully snap shut without pulling over and using both hands.

Will call when/if I manage to pull over during working hours.

Pete and Barley
  20. katego

katego Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    My leaking sstopped when I learned to recognize the positive click when closing the shield.

I added th SRC last month. So far I am happy though I wish it were a bit louder.

-k