Alaska Travelers Emergency Phone Tree

Discussion in 'Alaska' started by BARB, Apr 23, 2010.

1. BARB

BARB Alaska Leather - Home of the Sheepskin Buttpad Super Supporter Supporter

Oddometer:
    If you are in the neighborhood, we are open today noon to 5 and Monday 10-5. We may do some more tire plugging and changing-forgot to take pictures yesterday. Coffee will be on, Sale is still in full swing. Thanks, Barb
  2. seniorburro

seniorburro Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Great reason to get my 10 ft.cargo trailer insured...again.
    Turnagain Arm down to Girdwood = back yard.
    It will hold 800 -1000 lbs just wide enough for the bike,
    Sans boxes. Safari Van will hold them and one passenger.
    Count me in.
  3. swbrowning

swbrowning Kodiak Stu

Oddometer:
    I am in Sacramento California for a spell (3 Years) if you need a friendly face and a garage
    I am available. 907-654-4062. Keep your wheels down and your head up! Be safe out there! Stu:clap
  4. hajime

hajime Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm going to Nome for the week. I'll definitely catch you when I get back in about a week. :)
  5. Rackemcrackem

Rackemcrackem Unsafe at any speed

Oddometer:
    Any riders taking the ferry over to Cordova are welcome to call me at 907-424-5298 if in need of assistance with bikes, tent space, or patching up of physical aches and pains...I hear that there's a very good chiropractor in town :nod .
  6. BARB

Oddometer:
    Do you want me to add you to the emergency phone tree on my website? Look at alaskaleather.com and click on travelers page, then go to emergency numbers in the middle. Thanks, Barb
  7. BARB

Oddometer:

Stu, you want me to add you to the phone tree as well? Maybe we can do a "displaced Alaskans" category. Thanks, Barb
  8. motosolowasabi

motosolowasabi My best place to be

Oddometer:
    :wings
  9. fj62lc

fj62lc Perpetual nOOb

Oddometer:
    Anyone passing through Juneau, feel free to give me a call. Information can be found on the Phone Tree.

KK
  10. larshoejberg

larshoejberg .

Oddometer:
    Hi guys

I might need some assistance in Seward. I'm not in any trouble - on the contrary! I haven't even started my trip yet, but there's a Suzuki DR650 in Seward that I'm interested in for my Pan-American trip about to begin in July. Anyone in Seward?

Henriette

Copenhagen, Denmark.
  11. MotoGrandpa

MotoGrandpa advdualsportendurotrials

Oddometer:
    Hey ADV'rs,

My brother went down on his V-Strom today near Coldfoot. It sounds like he is okay, but the bike may be totaled. Is anyone near there?

Thanks, Dan
  12. wunderlust

wunderlust n00b

Oddometer:
    I would like to say thank you .
    I am planning a trip for june 2012 . I hope I dont need any emergency assitance but would love to meet some folks and get some sugestions on rides and such :clap
  13. aufevermike

aufevermike Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Sorry, I snatched that baby up......... But please add me to the emergency list. I'm in Soldotna, AK

14. Logpile

Logpile Mr.V- or Drz

Oddometer:
    Greetings all,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>
    I happen to have a 3 place bike trailer. I just got done putting new bearings and seals on the axle, fixing the lights and getting it registered for the road.
    If any of you inmates needs to use it for transporting a bike, let me know. ItÂ’s ready for use and located in Soldotna.<o:p></o:p>
    It has a 1 7/8" coupler and a ball on a 2" receiver and a flat four trailer light connector.<o:p></o:p>
    I put a Wee Strom and DRZ on it the other day and towed them to town for a bath at the carwash. Trailer tows nice and straight.

Log.<o:p></o:p>
  15. mnesci

mnesci Adventure Dad

Oddometer:
    Im riding up from the Chicago area in Late June. If anyone has a place I can put a tent I would be much appreciative. Ill be traveling thru Tok to Fairbanks. A trip up to Coldfoot and then down to Anchorage and Soldotna. Then back to Tok and down the Cassiar. Lets hope for decent weather this summer.
  16. ADVBMR

ADVBMR Polygamotorcyclist

Oddometer:
    Rumor is that there are going to be at least 138 people in Dawson who will lend you some tent space in late June. Check out the D2D thread.
  17. Ol El Pablo

Ol El Pablo n00b

Oddometer:
    Hi folks,
    I just found this thread and have been catching up on it. Here's an idea: over on the FJR forum, some very dedicated volunteers maintain a list that we call (cleverly) "The FJR Owners Assistance List" :1drink I'm sure it takes a good bit of time but we get quarterly (I think) updates to everyone on the list. The only thing is really has is;
    1) logon name / real first name (so you don't have to ask "Is cooldude123 home?"
    2) geographic coordinates
    3) list is sorted by state
    4) phone number
    4) type of help available

I printed only the members from the states I will be passing through in June (to Alaska). If I have to use it, I really hope they won't curse me for being on a non-FJR :lol3 (still Yamaha though - Super Tenere)

The whole list is about up to 500 names now and it get sent in both .pdf and .gpx format.

Just a thought.
  18. Hewby

Hewby Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    currently on the road, but I call Tassie home
    just wanted to say thanks for putting this out there. I am about to set off up to Alaska and then down to Patagonia on my 650GS and while not at all new to solo world travel, am new to being in charge of my own bike, and while its up and going I am pretty good at it, but when its in the dirt, on its side there are moments of WTF! So far seemed to have got out of all my misadventures relatively unscathed, and hoping to keep it this way but its nice to know there is a community out there willing to help out a fellow biker.

Heading up the inside passage this week and in Prudhoe by mid June. Lucky for me I have a support car in tow for this section (my parents quite concerned that actually their daughter cannot do this) but while my Dad has been a biker forever- sadly he has an illness that makes it too hard to ride along side me at this point ;( Also without a shop or tools it can be hard to fix stuff. So hoping to meet a few of you along the way socially and cross fingers I wont need this list at all for emergencies....

Cheer again,

Hewby
  19. AKmud

AKmud Muddy Gruver

Oddometer:
    Welcome Hewby! Make sure to update your progress here in the AK section often. I'm sure some of us will be able to meet up with you along the way. One thing you might think about is joining the BMW MOA. You will get their "anonymous" book which has a huge listing of other BMW owners locations and phone numbers that are willing to do everything from meeting for a cup of coffee to full on trailering/parts/repair help. It's a small book so it's easy to stow and may be priceless when stuff hits the fan.... :deal

Just an FYI.
  20. Hewby

Hewby Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    currently on the road, but I call Tassie home
    Thanks for the advice. Hope to see you on the road. Thankfully the support car decided to blow the clutch just before leaving Campbell river on Vancouver island. Bugger! But better here than further north! Let's hope the rest of the trip is more smooth sailing!