JettnJimsHighAvdenturTour:2011 Spills, Thrills & Purtty Giirlls!^)-

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by Jettn Jim, Mar 24, 2011.

1. Jettn Jim

Jettn Jim This is Liv'n!!!

Oddometer:
    NE PA Some... PNW Some... On HIGH ADVENTURE Most!
    Bike prep...
    [​IMG]
    Testing my/Desiree's new Double-Take mirror on the right side...
    [​IMG]
    I LIKE EM ALOT!http://www.adventure-spec.com/shop/...d-tough-motorcycle-mirror-system/cat_109.html

The 606 after 2950miles not too baad...
    [​IMG]

It's Wed the 11th and I've gotta plane leaving 9a.m. Friday soo gotta roll quick...
    I try to take the backway up Joseph and Horse creeks again to get to Imnaha Oregon.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I stop at the Fish Weir to see if Cody's around, only to meet Heather again and her cute friend/co-fisherwoman Montana...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Wow cool name I say, aaand what middle name does a girl with Montana as her first name have?.... Rose...Montana Rose. Thats a pretty name right!?
    They're both bubbly so we talk of the day and I tell them my plans to get to the Sacremento by Friday to sneak home to Sherri for our 23rd Anniversary on Sat. The fish count has been waay up this week compared to the last time I stopped by, then it's up up and away into Oregon.
    [​IMG]
    I paln to drop a Miguel Ruiz book off at Mark Ramsdens place and just down the road see this Black Bear hightailing it outta the way.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Then to Marks place for book drop then up the canyon where he's working...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Hello to all my friends...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    My fav sticker that Wayne got off a downed sign last year...
    [​IMG]
    This is as far as anyone else had gone... I decide to go further....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    About a 125yds further... had to pull the gear off to lighten Desiree' then push next to her to get to a turn around spot, then work my way back to the dirt! It's hot and I'm gett'n sweaty, not to mention Desiree's fan running all the time!
    A couple hours are starting to fade away as I'm aware of my deadline...buuut I wanna do this ride the fun waaaay!) Not a beeline!(
    [​IMG]
    Work'n my way back the rut toward dirt again... I shut off ma lights offroad ,buut in the drop musta hit the switch.
    Back to the easy half dirt-half snow road LOL.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The Seven Devils again off to my Southeast...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Ultra short snow Video...musta hit the off switch VV
    [​IMG]
    Now I've gotta back track to Cayouse creek road and hit 129 south to the rattlesnake grade over the Grande Ronde. Still a fun TWISTYride for sure but 100miles outta the way...I remind my self it's a BEAUTIFUL DAY and what better place to spend some time eh? :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Spelled differently, but I'm think'n a ma girl!^)-
    [​IMG]
    This is Zindel...it's Historic
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Coming up on the Wallowas
    [​IMG]
    Golden eagle in flight then he attacks...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I always feel verrry spiritual and connected in this part of the Country... No wonder the Nez Perce held it as SUCH a Sacred place...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I stop to kneel and somberly pay my respects to the 'ol Chief....also I leave a Spirit rock from Montana from my Shaman ride...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Last pretty girl pic of the day...downtown Joseph.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    With the sun setting and immenent rain coming again, I ride onto La Grande for some peaceful rest this night...
    [​IMG]
  2. Flashmo

Flashmo Whatever...

Oddometer:
    Every update is a great read.
  3. Jettn Jim

Oddometer:
    Thanx bud. :freaky
    I am seeing some BEAUTIFUL country aaand meeting some BEAUTIFUL people.
  4. kitesurfer

kitesurfer Long timer

Oddometer:
    hey Jim, you passing out THE FOUR AGREEMENTS by michael angel ruiz? a little TOLTEC wisdom?
  5. Jettn Jim

Oddometer:
    Yup sometimes a pack of four including The Voice of Knowledge and Fifth Agreement... Mark said he had read The Four Agreements and The Mastery of Love when I met him up on his ranch....So when I passed thru again I gave him a copy of The Fifth Agreement I had been carrying. The girls I met got The Four Agreements and Mastery of Love. I'm glad my sista Natasha turned me onto don Miguel Ruiz years back....just took a few years to sink in LOL!:huh
    Daniel Quinn has some good things to say too...:ear
  6. el guapo nada

el guapo nada Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    .....this is, meaning your RR and the attitude/philosophy....LOVIN IT!

If you find yourself in or around The Dalles, lemmee know, as a fellow enthusiast (:ricky & :jose & :super), I would love to meet and share the universe for awhile.....

Best of journey's to you Jim.....you rock man!
  7. Dessert Storm

Dessert Storm Dances With Drunks

Oddometer:
    Your love of life, people, and places shines off every page. Fantastic, inspiring RR :clap
  8. TwoWheelExplorer

TwoWheelExplorer Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Good stuff, Jim!

I grew up between Noxon and Thompson Falls, near Trout Creek, and it's always fun to see the roads of home in somebody's RR. I need to get back again soon.
  9. Jettn Jim

Oddometer:
    Thanx Bud, was check'n out some of your ride links...Kewewll stuff, pics and thot's...gotta take the time to look thru all of them :wink:
    Yea man when I get out here again and over your way we gotta do some rid'n and hang a bit :freakyWoooHooo! Sooo many great roads and Sooo much time :D
  10. Jettn Jim

Oddometer:
    Thank you VERY much :bowI'm glad that I can be of service ...:)
    It IS a WONDERFUL world when we get our heads out of our... I mean in the right frame of mind isn't it!:norton
  11. Jettn Jim

Oddometer:
    Thanx brotha...MAN that IS some BEAUTIFUL country WOW!!
    I can't wait to ride it again ASAP!!! If I did'nt have to go south to see Klim and Happy trails when I pull outta here, I'd head out thata way fer sure!
    Just AWESOME stuff and it's still stick'n with me now....
  12. dec181966

dec181966 Dude on a motorcycle

Oddometer:
    Hey Jim,

My wife and I live in Santa Rosa just about 5 miles from Sebastopol. If you need anything let me know.

Great ride & story

p.s. my teacher studied under o'sensei morihei ueshiba. nice to see others know of him.

Michael
  13. el guapo nada

el guapo nada Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Right on.....yeah I took about 1001 pictures last summer, I think most of them got into that thread! :lol3 (thanks for checkin it out!)

Have a fantastic day and lookin forward to hangin out in the future at some point!

14. Jettn Jim

Oddometer:
    p.s. Man that would have been Very Very GOOD! (To study with Ueshiba) Your teacher must feel very fortunate....
    Yup rolled thru Santa Rosa twice, dang I was riding around there for a couple weeks....next time we'll have to ride/visit!
    This will teach me to keep the RR UP TO DATE!
  15. Jettn Jim

Oddometer:
    :freaky
  16. Jettn Jim

Oddometer:
    Thursday dawns slightly drizzly and drab...
    I go to the Flying J again for some bfast and see another bike out in the rain...it's a Ducati. then I meet the owner Tom Walsh and ask if he wants to get some coffee while he warms up?
    Then ask if he's hungry...he agrees and i say I'm buying...he says no so I say lets flip for it...he wins the toss and gets to buy!
    He's a hardcoe skiier and is taking the bike to his son since the stance hurts him to ride it much anymore.
    He's written one book "Damnyankee"

This review is from: Damnyankee: A WWII Story of Tragedy and Survival off the West of Ireland (Paperback)
    "An authentic adventure tale, well told, with solid real life characters you care about. A ten member crew of Navy Airmen, the senior man all of 26 years of age, meet their new aircraft, the Damnyankee, at the Norfolk Navy Base in the late summer of 1944. As each of these young lads are portrayed we feel we know them , all anxious to join the war effort. Tasked to break in this new aircraft and become a team, these young airmen begin a journey from Norfolk to the Navy Base at Dunkeswell, England where they are to become part of Air Wing Five of the Twelfth Atlantic Fleet. Due to a variety of mechanical problems, the Damnyankee has to change course and head for Ireland. Ultimately, they wind up adrift in the Atlantic off the Irish Coast. The adventure and tragedy is the ordeal at sea and the ultimate loss of five of the crew members. The description of this ordeal was a fine example of Mr. Walsh's best writing, truly a first class craftsman.

The survival and recovery demonstrates the best of the Irish: welcoming, resourceful and charming. Thanks to this authors solid research and obvious affection for things Irish, this tale really begins some forty one years after the events and survivors seek to get the whold story.
    The evidence, in addition to testimony of critical remaining eyewitnesses is thoroughly presented in photos, hotel bills, phone bills,a newspaper clipping and contemporary signed documents: all set forth along with a detailed diagram of the Damnyankee herself.

Really a wonderful, gripping short story, barely 150 pages, that will keep you enthralled from start to finish. "

And is writing another now, he writes articles and submits photography for cycle magazines, woohoo! He LOVES the Isle of Man TT and is going over in a couple weeks. The 3rd or 4th time, he's a real character and tells me lots of stories of Northern ireland and the TT... It's a great start to the day.
    I have nooo pics of him or the bike :(:huh

[​IMG]
    I think about beelining it down I-84 since I've burnt some time...buuut again do the right thing and head for a break in the clouds to my west. I took this same route last fall, and it will give me a chance to stop in on Stephanie Barclay a friend I met when I rode thru Post on that ride.
    I get to the Journey Through Time Scenic Byway and then all good roads leading to Post (the Geographic Center of Oregon...named after the post in the field outback marking the center :deal)
    [​IMG]
    A contadiction in time and space...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Check out this meandering creek!:eek1
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    These roads are after gett'n off 84 and onto 7 "The Sumter stage Hwy" it's a fun road...then onto 26 the John Day Hwy. In John Day get fuel then south on 395 for a couple dozen miles(this section has some gooood twisties too!) Go right onto Co Hwy 63 to Co Hwy 67 and onto the Paulina Suplee road onto the Paulina Hwy...All real fun roads, Twisty sweepers and NO traffic soo you can RIP!:wink:

I get to Post and run into the same UPS driver that I did last fall!...Must be near the same time a day...
    [​IMG]
    The Post postoffice...:D
    [​IMG]
    Behind the counter I find the Wonderful Miss Stephanie:clap We had a really good conversation last year and so I sent her some good books which she has given to alot of others to read...she has some new stories to share and always a great smile!^)-
    [​IMG]
    She fills me up with some great lunch then offers up some "Mint To Be" chocolate mint cookies....and says that their the "Best you'll ever have".....I think she may be right...YEEUUM!!
    [​IMG]
    Back outside to throw for "Kenssi" her Australian sheppard mix, a frisbee fetch'n FOOL!
    [​IMG]
    As I fuel up I notice the help yourself if your outta gas or diesel cans after hours and pay later, I had forgotten....you don't see this everywhere it's AWESOME!
    [​IMG]
    After another great conversation and a hug I head 'er west again. Goodbye Stephanie and Kenssi.......... Peace to you both.
    [​IMG]
    Look'n back at Post...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I cut inside and get to just below Bend before hitting Hwy 97, then stop at the River Woods country store.
    [​IMG]
    As I'm eating lunch a guy rolls in ona Honda with a poochn in a chest pack...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    After I ask the staff if they have a recycling container (Nope) Melanie offers to take my bottles and me:eek1 home! (Haha juuuust kiiiidd'n :lol3 ) just taking the bottles to put in her recycle can.
    [​IMG]
    I head 'er South toward Redding Ca...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    To be continued....
  17. Butthead 1000

Butthead 1000 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yo Jim, Your RR continues to kicks ass. Your ability to connect with total strangers is amazing to me. The photos remind me of my only trip in that region. Camping in Hells Canyon and the ride from Enterprise, WA to Lewiston, ID being the high points. Get that engine repaired, enjoy the ride east, and if you need anything in the Central Iowa area,don't hesitate to contact me.
  18. Jettn Jim

Oddometer:
    Hey Rick thanx maaan! I might as well use my small arsenal of ability eh? :D
  19. Scoutman

Scoutman Misanthropic Drifter

Oddometer:
    JJ --- Had a great time ripping up Joseph Creek with you last week. That 705cc kit turns the KLR from mild mannered enduro to a bike capable of riding hard and fast. A little rider skill never hurts either:evil. You are a truely unique individual and I feel fortunate to have met you. Keep your feet on the pegs, your face in the wind and karma on your side. Look me up should you make it back to Priest Lake and we'll go hit some gnarly single track.
  20. Jettn Jim

Oddometer:
    Was great to meet you too my man! Glad I got to ketch up with you guys on yer way to Enterprise and that you n I could go on a little rip up Horse Creek....:wink: Since I didn't make it to the Rally till all the rid'n was done.
    Yup for sure when I roll out next year I'll hit you up and we'll ride....aaand find some COLD Beer to swill eh?:freaky
    Peace and good rid'n to you...... Always!^)-