Lap of Oman for Mary 2008 - Offroad on Dirtbikes

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by Bowes, Dec 17, 2008.

1. Bowes

Bowes Oman Dirty Biker

Oddometer:
    Thanks yerself for the encouragement:D
  2. kjames

kjames Adventurer

Oddometer:
    great trip report.... I'm working on the missus for a pink pass to do a similar trip.

I may pester you for a few way points.

your mam would be proud.
  3. Vicks

Vicks gets stuck in sand

Oddometer:
    great adventure and cool pics ....

hope to get my ass down there sometime soon !!!!
  4. Bongolia

Bongolia stop acting

Oddometer:
    :wave Vikram

Hows the KTM holding up Vik?

We have to have a run out your way sometime before it gets too hot..
  5. Smackit

Smackit Life Is Good Supporter

Oddometer:
    That was awesome, thanks for the great writing and pictures! :clap :clap:clap

Cheers! :freaky
    ChinaV
  6. Bowes

Bowes Oman Dirty Biker

Oddometer:
    Kjames, pester a way, please:D ride reports are all about sharing an experience, reading ride reports gave me the inspiration to do this! Thanks for reading!
  7. Bowes

Bowes Oman Dirty Biker

Oddometer:
    Vikram, King Bongo, yes you do, need to get down here, you can see what I saw for yourself! It was a great adventure! Really glad I've done it! Glad the ride report was enjoyable for you guys:D
  8. Bowes

Bowes Oman Dirty Biker

Oddometer:
    Was a pleasure! Thanks for reading and the great feedback:rofl
  9. lootch67

lootch67 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Awesome report!! Thanks!
  10. Bowes

Bowes Oman Dirty Biker

Oddometer:
    Your welcome! Glad you enjoyed it:freaky
  11. bzack

bzack Adventurer

Oddometer:
    This is toooo gooood. Well i just moved to Dubai and recently purchased a YZ450f. I see that the Honda is a preferred motorcycle in Dubai.

Last weekend was my 1st day of riding on the DMX track. Well it was tough but fun as hell.

This weekend i plan to go riding in the desert. Dont know where but will start somewhere.
  12. Bowes

Bowes Oman Dirty Biker

Oddometer:
    bzack, thanks for the feedback, glad to see some readers out there still enjoying the adventure......a story, a little, off most rider's beaten tracks.... I feel priviledged to have rode it. Stay safe in the sand brother....it can be mean, specially on a YZ450F if you are not an expert rider or expert stuntman! Ride with a buddy, always offroad, and stay safe! Enjoy the sand there's a lot of it round Dubai!!:1drink
  13. SpitfireTriple

SpitfireTriple Seek Truth

Oddometer:
    Great RR Andy. From a part of the world where few of us will ever ride.

Two break-downs though on three bikes! I like to tour solo but looking at that terrain I'd be terrified of breaking down in the middle of nowhere. The Sinai last year looked bad enough to me, but at least there were occasional 4x4s going by.
  14. Lucky Jack

Lucky Jack Amateur Barbarian

Oddometer:
    Bowes,

Thanks for the great RR! I grew up up the road a bit in Dhahran KSA. Your post sure brings back great memories for me! Here is a shot of the old man on his yamaha circ 1975 looks like the dunes havent changed much..

[​IMG]
    thanks again for the great pics.

King Bongo have you got any KSA rr"s coming up?
  15. Bowes

Bowes Oman Dirty Biker

Oddometer:
    Not been on the site for a while, glad you enjoyed the report. People still reading of our adventure, is a great feeling. The middle east has changed a lot, seeing your dad on a bike by a dune - awesome, the dunes are still there. Glad you explored Oman virtually. Take care.
  16. Irish John

Irish John Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Lawrence, KS but I'd rather be in Ireland
    Lovely!! I was posted to Oman on a training mission with the Omani Special Forces 12 years ago. Absolutely beautiful country, great people, great beaches and really good food! Although I did get to spend quite a bit of time in the desert, I never had the chance to bike there. Good report!
  17. Bowes

Bowes Oman Dirty Biker

Oddometer:
    Cheers Irish John - Glad you enjoyed it!:1drink
  18. schattat

schattat Long timer

Oddometer:
    Excellent work! :thumb :clap :beer
  19. GreeKKTiNoS

GreeKKTiNoS Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The nothingness around us.....
    :eek1:eek1:eek1:eek1

<link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CN7F85%7E1.ATH%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0cm; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:612.0pt 792.0pt; margin:72.0pt 90.0pt 72.0pt 90.0pt; mso-header-margin:36.0pt; mso-footer-margin:36.0pt; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> It was a real luck that you had the opportunity to be there! <o:p></o:p>
  20. Bowes

Bowes Oman Dirty Biker

Oddometer:
    GreeKKTiNoS - yes it was a great opportunity and a great adventure. Glad you enjoyed it:D