If talking on cellphones is bad...

Discussion in 'The Perfect Line and Other Riding Myths' started by ThumperStorm, Sep 2, 2013.

1. CafeRacer99

CafeRacer99 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I agree.
  2. ThumperStorm

ThumperStorm Long timer

Oddometer:
    It will have to do. This thread has become a train wreck. :pain
  3. MotoTex

MotoTex Miles of Smiles

Oddometer:
    Some people like to watch a good train wreck ...

from a safe distance. :D
  4. Dolly Sod

Dolly Sod I want to do right, but not right now Supporter

Oddometer:
    Music has really made the annoying drone to and from the mountains much more enjoyable. I really love when the music and road lines up to a perfect rythm. I feel like that dude from Iron Eagle. :lol3

I have gotten a phone call while railing a bunch of twisties and I was surprised at how much it killed my rythm, and made it difficult ride fast. It felt distracting and dangerous; I had to hang up on them.

That said I have made a call to the guy in front of me while riding. He doesn't have blue tooth, so I just made a 5 minute long VM critiquing his riding. :evil

I'll still make calls and answer calls while riding, but only when trucking along on the interstate or some flat land stuff. It's especially nice for checking in with the wife on multi day trips to the mountains, where I'll pop out somewhere with cell service, but know I'll be headed back up to the mountains and loose it again.

YMMV,

Music is the best, I usually feel much better after rides when I've had music to listen to.