KTM Talk

Discussion in 'Dakar champion (950/990)' started by ThorRex, Sep 5, 2011.

1. akarob

akarob Rob

Oddometer:

That was precisely my point. Perhaps the OP isn't paying for internet service, but if you do, you generally get email accounts with that service. If you don't pay for internet service at all, you're a .001%er.

The only adjustment that I needed to make over at KTM Talk was their intolerance for joking around. Very little off-topic gab or joking around is allowed. They take it pretty serious, and that's actually a feature if you ask me.
  2. Crazy_Dave

Crazy_Dave Back'in it in

Oddometer:
  3. Brown Dog

Brown Dog North Georgia Dual Sportr

Oddometer:
    I started out on ktmtalk.
    Some helpful guys on there, no doubt.

Too many Mods think they are in Power on
    the classifieds, plus it wasn't user friendly
    With me not being a computer whiz.

I switched to ADV & Never looked back :thumb
  4. Moto Vaquero

Moto Vaquero Trail less traveled

Oddometer:
    KTM Talk is way more usefull than ADV when it comes to bike maintenance and rebuilding of the single cylinder bikes where ADV is where adventure (big bikes) rule and LOVE the RR's. Thanks to guys on Talk, I can revalve my forks or do a topend job on an RFS or XC-4 motor without hesitation. They also have their "off topic" sections for useless threads like this one.
    NO, I am not a KTM Talk leg humper!
  5. Dustodust

Dustodust Long timer

Oddometer:
    I am "Lonewolf'" from KTMtalk
    I started there in about 2002 as "gumbydave", the Admin let me change my sucky username at about 4500 posts
    I have close to 10,000 useful and helpful posts there
    There is no way I can say anything bad about ktmtalk
    Over the years I have gained many good riding buddies and a lot of technical knowledge from there
    actually it is my primary social site too LoL
    lots of bros there
    I love those guys
    met the website owner too and he is cool
    he banned me a few times but always forgave me and let me come back and for that im grateful
    KTMTALK rocks
    if you dont like it, too bad, maybe we dont need you there
    if you dont like KTMTALK you can kiss my ass (cant say that word there)

so yeah, ADV rider is great
    but so is ktok
  6. Ks_Gman

Ks_Gman Rank outsider

Oddometer:
    I don't want to be out of line here, look at my post count and I know where I rank :huh

But the longer a thread like this is allowed to continue, the worse it is for everyone.

I'm a loyal KTM Talk lifetime member.
    I'm also a loyal ADV member.

Each has tremendous strengths and I have countless positive stories about help and good people I've met on each site. We are all so lucky to have these rescources that bring us closer together, allow us to share knowledge and experience, and give us power in numbers.

KTM Talk gave me the confidence to go orange 10 years ago.
    Adventure Rider gave me the confidence to go with the big orange twin.

Thanks to all the cool people that make these places what they are.
  7. Lord Dogmeat

Lord Dogmeat Long timer

Oddometer:
    I've been very disappointed with that site .... I rarely even visit it anymore. Much better KTM sites on the web than that one.
  8. Dustodust

Dustodust Long timer

Oddometer:
    odometer 2 ?
    ....allllllrighty then Mr Noobster website critic, thank you for your insight :rofl
  9. 68deluxe

68deluxe Long timer

Oddometer:
    The small bike areas are great, the off topic areas suck. I got the hammer once for just stating that Rush was a racist when he called Michelle fat.
  10. Nailhead

Nailhead Puck Futin Supporter

Oddometer:
    In some circles, I believe that's called "voicing one's opinion".

These days, you can hardly avoid reviews of whatever: products, services, threads, etc., and I consider the OP's post to be a review of KTM Talk-- a one-star review-- and I thank him for saving me the time and effort of paying it a visit.
  11. Lord Dogmeat

Lord Dogmeat Long timer

Oddometer:
    *shrug* This isn't the first website I've ever been on?

IDK, I've just found other sites to be more useful.
  12. Iron Horse

Iron Horse I Make Shit Up

Oddometer:
    Oh, good Lord.

Punt this thread to HE. :rolleyes
  13. Dustodust

Dustodust Long timer

Oddometer:
    +1

this garbage came up on a Google search top of the page

it cant even be salvaged ,
    the claims against ktmtalk are based on rhetorical idealism and utter nonsense
  14. ten_fiver

ten_fiver Long timer

Oddometer:
    I agree, and that in essence is what I love about advrider. You can speak your mind. You might get called out for it, but you're free to speak your mind regardless.

And as others have said, KTMT seems like a great place for singles riders, but being a twin rider I haven't found anything of much use to me over there.
  15. Dustodust

Dustodust Long timer

Oddometer:
    thats true about the LC8 section being weak , this one is great no need for a duplicate because this one is here

but the OP and the other complaintants seemed to be aiming the negativity ray at the style and personal feel, not substance, character, and content ,
    So not liking to be clearly identified is not a valid beef IMO, either is getting banned for trollism
    neither are valid reasons for assigning a "one star" rating
    so I do not agree with giving creedence to invalid opinions

I think that you can speak your mind there too. It's basically the same as here , true at ADV rider you can be a little more vulger or profane and it gives a feeling of freedom , there they will shut you down for saying a bad word

but personal attacks, racist remarks , hate speech , insults to the mods, or pressing political views out of context that are offensive to the mods will get you nuked in a heartbeat at either ktmt or adv
    the rules are pretty generic on all message boards
  16. akarob

akarob Rob

Oddometer:
    Eventually, someone will be accused of being a Nazi, it's the "Law of the Internet".
  17. jak

jak Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    If it wasnt for KTMtalk I wouldnt have ever owned a KTM. Its by far the best KTM website on the planet period.That site has saved me thousands of dollars on repairs and parts, it has taught me a wealth of info about my bikes from tire pressure to static sag to how to properly tighten a chain on KTMs in which most KTM owners dont know how to do. I dont go there to be a jerk or smartazz, I go there for constructive information about my bikes. I have met some really cool people on that site, as we get together every year for a KTMtalk ride that usually turns up 40 to 50 riders. So you KTMtalk haters if you own a orange bike I suggest you give it a try again and have some paitence of if you are trolling for something just stay away.
  18. FlyingDutchman

FlyingDutchman Dirt Biker

Oddometer:
    I could care less if the automated membership restrictions detered you! :D It's definitely a tighter run ship over there but it's worth the price of admission for a dirt biker.

Don't bother if you have a twin though:rofl
  19. Off Road Ryder

Off Road Ryder Long timer

Oddometer:
    KTM Talk has been invaluable to me personalty well before I started my business. More real tech and not a bunch of BS to wade threw..
    This site is great for the big bikes and for shooting the shit. However KTM talk is absolutely the source for anyone wanting real info on KTM dirt bikes..
    Starbucks riders need not apply..:lol3
  20. Crazy_Dave

Crazy_Dave Back'in it in

Oddometer:

Just a quick update. Thanks to crazybrit’s help I got in contact with Pat and a few emails later was approved for KTMtalk.
    Not too big of a PITA and well worth the time it took, looks like a great site.