Western NC Tag-O-Rama!

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by Sandrion, Aug 25, 2013.

1. ben2go

ben2go Long timer

Oddometer:
  2. augiedog

augiedog augie dog

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]. are you happy now
  3. ben2go

ben2go Long timer

Oddometer:
    NO! :patch

:lol3
  4. augiedog

augiedog augie dog

Oddometer:
    Ok, it's time for all you hillbillies to get in the game. You wanted someone to throw it your way, here it is!! [​IMG] another picture [​IMG]
  5. MaxFuel

MaxFuel Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Dang...I don't recognize the place. But wished I lived there. Can you give us Hillbillies some help?
  6. lgajohnymac

lgajohnymac Ride wrench wait

Oddometer:
    I think I hear banjo music :dunno
  7. shallowskiff

shallowskiff Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Good tagging Augie. But I need a clue for this one.
  8. augiedog

augiedog augie dog

Oddometer:
    Joyce Kilmar NF, rt 129 If this don,t help I'll give some more clues or gps cordinates if needed.
  9. augiedog

augiedog augie dog

Oddometer:
    ok, ninjifreak, I booted it up your way. don't let me down now. you need to rally the troops up that way and move it. I suggest you recruete JoeWanaBe in sylvia. I,m sure he will reconize it right away. This is not an exact location, but it will get you close enough to find it.[​IMG]
  10. MaxFuel

MaxFuel Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Can us adventure rider road warriors get to this tag? My Ninja don't much like gravel?
  11. augiedog

augiedog augie dog

Oddometer:
    Y'ah it is on gravel but its is well maintained if you come in off 129. last time I was there I meet 2 riders on HD touring bikes with their wives on the back having lunch in the grass at the old house. I have been there too with my girlfriend on the back of my FZ-1.[​IMG]
  12. JoeWannaB

JoeWannaB Usually a nice guy

Oddometer:
    I'm pretty sure I recognize it. Isn't it the log cabin off of FS81? You catch FS81 just to the right of the entrance to the Cherohala Skyway. You make a long downhill ride to Santeetlah Creek. The cabin is a little ways on the right after crossing the river. That is if I'm thinking of the right one. I was going to ride out to my cabins today so I might just have to make a little side trip for this one. Funny thing I was out that way last night for an epic football game pitting the Robbinsville Black Knights and the Swain County Maroon Devils. My Devils were victorious after an overtime win of 26 to 21.
  13. shallowskiff

Oddometer:
    Hey Joe! You guys doing any kind of group get together at the cabins this fall?
  14. JoeWannaB

JoeWannaB Usually a nice guy

Oddometer:
    Looks like the cabins have finally sold. Closing on November 1st so no more rallies at the cabins. It was fun while it lasted.
  15. whitebreadadv

whitebreadadv Been here awhile

Oddometer:

:(:

As to the tag, couple hours each way from me, hard to do during the work week. But if you let it sit long enough I might be forced to act....:deal
  16. MaxFuel

MaxFuel Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Looks like maybe 1134 off 129 but can't pinpoint the FS road?? This would have to be a weekender for me, you retired DS riders better go get it.
  17. shallowskiff

Oddometer:
    When it was the Cleveland, Lincoln and Gaston county tag-a-rama it was a moving fast. :evil
  18. Evinrude

Evinrude OMC approved!

Oddometer:
    This is partially my fault, when Sandrion first started talking about making a tag game he wanted the boundary to be I-26, I suggested opening up the rest of the Western area though, I thought you mountain guys would be out riding every change you got, guess I was wrong:rofl
  19. shallowskiff

Oddometer:
    I like the big area so no bitchin from me! I just need some time to go and get it.
  20. Evinrude

Evinrude OMC approved!

Oddometer:
    I should add that my previous post was tongue-in-cheek, no offense meant to you mountaineers.

The tag is a bit too far for me I think, not to mention that my bike is out of commission AGAIN...one of these days I'll have something that isn't a constant work in progress. I still love the ol' XT warhorse though.