How much is too much?

Discussion in 'Dakar champion (950/990)' started by Grizzwald, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Grizzwald

Grizzwald Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    So I found a 2010 990R adv in Canada with 14000 km comes with Gobi panniers, black dog skid plate & high fender kit and crash bars for $13,500, in great condition. Do you guys think this is too much? I just watched a 2011s 990 with 12000km go for $10500 from Mission cycle in Angus. I just wanted some other opinions. Thanks
  2. vonotto

vonotto See you on the road, Scag!

Oddometer:
    Great bike and lot's of goodies that you will need. I bought my 11' for 13500$ new. Price is high, work him down. PS get the R model.
  3. Geek

Geek oot & aboot

Oddometer:
    I have a different perspective on these types of things.

Geek's motorcycle purchasing philosophy:
    Some things are more important than worrying about what a bike costs eh?
    Is it exactly what you want?
    If the answer is yes.. buy the thing.
    I'd rather ride the bike I want than ride the bike that I bought because it was a good deal :deal
    Who gives a shit if you pay a couple of hundred too much. Life is too freakin' short.

I have gotten more than $24058250808 of enjoyment out of every motorcycle I've owned - which is a helluva deal because I've never paid more than $29,000 for one :D

I see far too many of my buddies who "go without" while worrying about getting a good deal.
    I'd rather be riding than shopping. :ricky

Oh.. and I'm sitting on the right side of this see-saw: :lobby
    :rofl

:freaky

p.s. Parry Sound - do they still run the Sportbike Rally up there? Somewhere I have a t-shirt back from attending the 1992 or 1993 rally.
  4. triplenickel

triplenickel Long timer

Oddometer:
    Maybe a tad on the high side but not a total hose job or anything. Beat him up a bit then buy it, in a year you won't care/remember if you could have saved $500-$1000.
  5. FlyingDutchman

FlyingDutchman Dirt Biker

Oddometer:
    Listen to Geek...get the bike you want for whatever reason. I liked the carbs, black paint..ymmv if you have the cash and the bike inspires you just get it. You've got all winter now but your living room would look a lot bettet witha mint 950 in the corner.
  6. Tomah

Tomah In transit ... Supporter

Oddometer:
    If it is in great shape and right there waiting for you??? I'd say (haggle some:deal and) jump!
  7. Grizzwald

Grizzwald Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks guys I'll keep ya posted if it happens.