Mobile area riders

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by Rob Dirt, Dec 18, 2008.

1. streakbot97

streakbot97 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey. I think I'll try to meet up with you and tag a long for a while. My name is Jon. I'll be the guy on the motorcycle:lol3
  2. Rob Dirt

Rob Dirt Riding my blues away

Oddometer:
    Dang it! I knew that would happen. Everybody else said they couldn't make it. I'm waiting for the fog to lift & ride somewhere. Sorry about that.
  3. streakbot97

streakbot97 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Well, that does suck. The "group" did seem a little light, with just me standing here.
  4. mrprez

mrprez KJ4WMZ

Oddometer:
    I found out what happened to my shock. When I was putting it back together I put the C clip into the wrong groove which apparently isn't meant to be able to hold the shock together under load. So, it's all put back together (correctly) and waiting to run over to RR Racing for nitrogen on Tuesday.
  5. burmbuster

burmbuster Long timer

Oddometer:
    Well we all learn lessons through trial and error. Just the other week I spooned a TKC 80 on the front and took it for a test drive. ABS light stayed on. After talking to Rob about it, I had the speed sensor pickup on the wrong side. The tire is directional so I ended up have to remove the tire and remount it. Doh! Won't happen again!
  6. xgunslingerx

xgunslingerx n00b

Oddometer:
    Hate the ride didn't work out. I didn't log on to see the change to Saturday until last night anyways. My wife had my day planned out, shopping and such. I did get out this morning for a ride. Took 98 west then jumped off in Wilmer and rode some country roads around for a while back through Lucedale then back home. Only got about 80 miles in this morning but the weather was threatening the whole time.

Stopped at a store in Lucedale to rest my hand and to get a drink. When I hung the helmet on the grip it didn't stay. Fell off and hit the concrete. Looks like the shield took the impact, I don't see any damage or scratches on this shell, but the base plate on one side isn't working properly. Shield has some nice scratches on it too. A quick look at motorcyclegear.com confirms that I can replace the baseplate and shield, so the mistake was only $55 instead of a new helmet.

Otherwise the ride was great, I really dig these Sunday morning rides, rarely any traffic until church lets out. Still thinking more and more about the type of bike I eventually want. I get pain in my right hand and thumb after only about 30 minutes on this bike. Definitely want something with more upright seating. The Versys I sat on at the dealership in Daphne is pretty tall. I can get my tip toes down, but that's all. Would like something I can get a bit more feet on pavement with.
  7. Vico1

Vico1 The Maestro

Oddometer:
    Hey guys dont forget the Last Ride of the Year is on 30 December. I think a bunch of us from PAR will show up...

This is the ride to Stockton AL....

We had a great dirt ride in Blackwater yesterday but it full on deer/gun season starting next weekend so NO dirt riding for me...

Street will be fine for awhile...
  8. Pauls2ndblessing

Pauls2ndblessing Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Glad you got it worked out John, got back safely with the bike Saturday night, rode it Sunday, doing all the maintenance this week. Busy through the rest of December but starting January, I'll be up for weekend rides.
  9. burmbuster

burmbuster Long timer

Oddometer:
    Got a link to the details? I would like to go.

Thanks,
    Brad
  10. Vico1

Vico1 The Maestro

Oddometer:
  11. burmbuster

burmbuster Long timer

Oddometer:
  12. BentRimz

BentRimz Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey everybody my name is Johnny. My friends and I have recently bought several dual sport bikes and we are looking for places to ride and people to ride with. We are all students at South Alabama and we ride regularly. But this is the first time we all have trail capable bikes so we are eager to get out dump our bikes and get bruised up. I'll keep an eye on the forum to see what you guys are up to.
  13. forrestrider

forrestrider Dont Do Stupid Shit..

Oddometer:
    Welcome to the gang, Dirtrob over in Mobile is the guy to talk to about riding over that way, He did a good ride last weekend but I was sick and did not get to go. Yall need to check out the last ride of the year too and head up that way the link is a few post up. What kind of bikes yall ride?
    http://www.thelastrideoftheyear.com/

Also every sat around 7:30 Am riders ride in to cracker barrel to eat and b/s all kinds of bikes all ages every one welcome they meet inside all the way to the back side , just ask were the motorcycle group is and walk on back.
  14. BentRimz

BentRimz Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks, I read the posts about the last ride of the year but I think ill be out of town around then. Between my friends and I we have a dr200, klr250, dr650, klr650, ninja250, and a vtr250.
  15. Madhouse

Madhouse Semi-Goodlookin! Supporter

Oddometer:
    Weather permitting, I want to hit a few spots after the Rally at the Stagecoach Restaurant.

Chief Red Eagle's grave site isn't far away and maybe visit my old, old pal Mr. Mim's and show yawwl his dozen or so antique tractors.
    I'd like to swing by my wifes resting place for a minute to make sure the flowers are still ok.

Also, time/weather permitting, I really need to do maintenance on my geocache located at the train tunnel.
    http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=917c0f89-b16f-4e64-8e79-cc09c29c3a23

It'll be a lot of riding, and your welcome to go too.
    Probably need to leave the Stagecoach Rally around 11:30 or so.
  16. forrestrider

forrestrider Dont Do Stupid Shit..

Oddometer:
    ok....
  17. mrprez

mrprez KJ4WMZ

Oddometer:
    I found a guy in Mobile who can charge shocks with Nitrogen. He also does other maintenance on motorcycles. He lives in Theodore and has a shop outbehind his house. Nice guy, name is Mark. He said it would be OK to post his contact information: 251-545-7900. Charged me $10 to do the work on a carry in shock.
  18. Rob Dirt

Rob Dirt Riding my blues away

Oddometer:
    Hey Johnny, it's not a good idea to get in the woods with hunters right now. The only place I can tell you about is not that great, but it will give you some practice. Check your PM
  19. Pauls2ndblessing

Pauls2ndblessing Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey BentRimz,

I'm over towards Baldwin County, we have a few places to get dirty around here but most are closed off for hunting season. I've been hanging around my friends trails while guns are banging..

If you guys ever get over this way, let me know and we'll all catch up. I'll also be joining RobDirt starting January because he wants to start catching up on most weekends.
  20. mrprez

mrprez KJ4WMZ

Oddometer:
    Anyone wanting to head out TODAY, meet at the Walmart at Dawes Rd and Cottage Hill at 9:30. I plan to head over into MS for some mostly street and gravel roads (Wire Rd and others).