LED Auxiliary Lights

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by sanjoh, Aug 5, 2010.

1. geotherm

geotherm Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    on your website, what is the 'heavy duty' mounting option?
  2. sanjoh

sanjoh Long timer

Oddometer:
    It is an upgraded light mount and hardware.

[​IMG]
  3. geotherm

Oddometer:
    Got it. I just want to make sure I get everything I need..I'm going to move forward with the model 60s. I'm assuming I will need waterproof connectors for each as well. How would you suggest I wire them? completely separate w/ dedicated switch? Am I going to blind oncoming traffic? :-D
  4. geotherm

Oddometer:
    I didn't see model 60s in aluminum(silver) - do they only come in black? No big deal, but would prefer silver if you have them.
  5. BigDogAdventures

BigDogAdventures Fart Letter Supporter

Oddometer:
    I've had the 60's on my KLR for quite a while------forget HID---forget Halogen--these make daylight out of dark

Rode my new Husqvarna TR650 Terra last night in the dark-------never do that again.
    Frickin' deer everywhere.

I just ordered another pair------they are awesome.

BigDog

[​IMG]
  6. SLOco.moto

SLOco.moto dos ruedas adicto

Oddometer:
    While I have read a good portion of this thread, I still need to ask this: In a strictly street application will a pair of 44's with a dimmer set-up to go lower power on low beam still annoy oncoming drivers? I don't plan on aiming the lights too high as I really want more light off to the sides ( on my twisty road commute I have blind apex points right now with stock headlight, staring into a black hole). I don't want to turn the lights off completely when oncoming traffic approaches as I am totally lost then. I know they don't have any sort of "cut-off" so I'm wondering if anybody has feedback on this. I'd like to know how they work with fog too (in a dimmed mode with low beam) as it is always a winter early morning problem here. This will be used on a DRZ400sm, so not stellar lighting to begin with. Thanks.
  7. Bobmws

Bobmws Curmudgeon At Large

Oddometer:
    They work just fine that way, I have the 44's on my sidecar rig, go back one page to post 2920 for a pic. The fork mounted lights are dimmed while the light in the hack is on full power. Never had a problem with being flashed by oncoming traffic.
    I find in fog I have to dim them down further or turn them off as there is no cutoff like a regular fog light has.
  8. geotherm

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the input BigDog..I like your website too.

If you don't mind, how do you have yours set up? Dimmer? Switched independent of factory headlights?
  9. BigDogAdventures

BigDogAdventures Fart Letter Supporter

Oddometer:
    I did it really simple and didn't use the dimmer. Some would say this is not recommended I suppose, but I simply tied into the wire going to the high beam--------right at the headlight bulb plug------and powered the lights from there. It works perfectly and the LED's come on with the regular high beam. Wires are always oversized a bit and I think this is fine.

I'll do the same with the Husky.

The dimmer provides good visibility when on low beam as Sanjoh recommends----but I just didn't go that way.
    I"ve ridden with him and seen his setup --------really nice.

BigDog
  10. geotherm

Oddometer:
    Pearls..thanks!
  11. sanjoh

sanjoh Long timer

Oddometer:
    The plug n play option will save you a few bucks, included at no cost when you purchase a dimmer and lights.

Black only.
  12. sanjoh

sanjoh Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for your business!

No, I run the lights on several vehicles as a DRL and no issues thus far.

The lights don't perform very well as a "fog" light as the light tends to get reflected. They will however fill in all the gaps and allow you to see through corners.

PM sent
  13. beechum1

beechum1 Dandole Gas al Burro

Oddometer:
    When is the new spots slated for release? I'm going to need a pair of spots and a pair of floods. But I can wait for the new ones....
  14. sanjoh

sanjoh Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the interest. Planning on middle of January.
  15. ADVBMR

ADVBMR Polygamotorcyclist

Oddometer:
    Here's how I mounted the 30 spots on the F800R. This bike won first place in the bike show last year.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I don't have any pics of the bike going down the road, but the 30's can be seen waaaaaaay in the distance and work very well for conspicuity.
  16. beechum1

Oddometer:
    Fixed. :rofl
  17. beechum1

Oddometer:

good to know. Thanks. I have some $ set aside when that happens.
  18. Danjal

Danjal Insert wit here.

Oddometer:
    The XML line is amazing. Just look into other binnings too sanjoh. The t-6 series can throw more lumens,but many many many times you cant tell the difference between them and a t-5 with your eyes. Or if you really want more power, XML T-6 U2. Up to 1040 lm per die. Any projected/estimated price yet?
  19. sanjoh

sanjoh Long timer

Oddometer:
    Have used the U2 extensively, 4 of 5 friends can not tell any difference from the T6. Both of the LEDs are amazing! Can't wait for the next gen.

Not set yet, but some will be lower priced than our current lights and some will be more.
  20. beechum1

Oddometer:

I want the ones that are lower...