Fasstco flexxbars with HDB guards mounted?

Discussion in 'Dakar champion (950/990)' started by SCflyer, Feb 27, 2013.

1. SCflyer

SCflyer Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm getting things together for a flexxbar, scotts HDB guard set-up and am trying to find out if the handguards will fit to the HDB top clamp as on standard bars or would I need a BRP flexxmount for them to work. I have searched and the only pics I can find do not show the front mounting. I have an email in to HDB but no response yet.

Those with the HDB set-up - What is the best way to "talk" easily to the folks/Paul at HDB since they don't have a phone # so I can get quick responses?

Thanks
  2. crazybrit

crazybrit Defying any self identifying

Oddometer:
    I have the HDB setup on my 950 and also a set of Flexx Bars (with the BRP mounts) on my 450. I must say I'm struggling to understand how you plan to integrate them together. The BRP Fasst mounts are designed for mounting Cycra handguards onto the Fasst Flexx bars

e-mail, or send him a PM (theantipaul)
  3. SCflyer

SCflyer Long timer

Oddometer:
    "I have the HDB setup on my 950 and also a set of Flexx Bars (with the BRP mounts) on my 450. I must say I'm struggling to understand how you plan to integrate them together. The BRP Fasst mounts are designed for mounting Cycra handguards onto the Fasst Flexx bars"

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=856855 - Like this. Just need clarification on the front mounts
  4. crazybrit

Oddometer:
    Have you sent the guy a PM? First pic in the second post. He's not using the BRP mounts. They attach to each end of the Flexx crossbar. If you were going to do that, what would be the point of the HDB top clamp?
  5. crazybrit

Oddometer:
    Here is a pic of the BRP mounts (for Cycra handguards)

[​IMG]
  6. SCflyer

SCflyer Long timer

Oddometer:

I did, just waiting on a reply; And now see what you're talking about at the front. Hadn't noticed before the handguard bars look to be long and mount up the same as others using a standard bar. New to both so wasn't sure what was/wasn't needed.

Thanks
  7. crazybrit

Oddometer:
    If you look at the first post first pic, you can see the silver button head bolts backed out on the HDB pivots (that mount to the upper clamp). These are what the HDB handguards normally mount to. Second post, first pic you can see the silver part of the handguards running down to these, but, yeah, a pic from the front would help you out for sure.

I'd be curious to see how badly the cross bars on the Flexx bars obscure the instrument panel and also the powerlet sockets on the HDB clamp. It's definitely the one thing I don't like about the Flexx setup.

Kinda surprised that everyone is mounting them onto the 950, I've never found they do much to ease vibes. They really excel at reducing fatigue from all the constant impacts you get from single track riding (suspension for your hands) but that's not the kind of riding I do on the 950.
  8. FakeName

FakeName Wile E Coyote SuperGenius Supporter

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
  9. Lomax

Lomax Nanu-Nanu Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Paul is a great guy and if he has not returned you email, on the website contact, and PM, I am sure he will shortly. It is not like him to not respond quickly. Unless he might be out of town or something.

Marc
  10. SCflyer

SCflyer Long timer

Oddometer:

I did have an email response waiting for me from Paul. Questions answered. Thanks all
  11. resqdoc

resqdoc Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Don't keep us in the dark. What was your outcome?
  12. Harold Waikiki

Harold Waikiki oldfatdumbbrokeoutofshape

Oddometer:
    Yes. I would like to know too. Does Paul read these threads?