Triumph Scrambler

Discussion in 'Triumph Tigers' started by danger_dave, May 29, 2006.

1. Goat_locker

Goat_locker Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Nice! Like the color.
  2. optical

optical Adventurer

Oddometer:
    What bags are those?
  3. 2T2_Ryder

2T2_Ryder Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Damn! I searched for a used matte khaki for over a year with no dice and couldn't hold out any longer so sucked it up and bought new. If I had better self control I would have waited and took that off your hands in a heart beat! You have done all the mods I want to do to my bike. I think that's a screaming deal, beautiful bike. Sorry you have to sell her, good luck with the sale. I'm sure it'll move quick
  4. akokie

akokie Boomer Sooner

Oddometer:
    I've been following your problem. So glad it's fixed. There's nothing worse that NOT KNOWING.
  5. SkiFastBadly

SkiFastBadly A beer? Yes, please

Oddometer:
    I agree with the others, this is a gift to someone. Have you considered putting it in the ADV flea market? At least the folks might have a greater appreciation for what you've got there.
  6. Sno Dawg

Sno Dawg Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks so much for the kind words ad support about selling my Scrambler. Yes, I have posted it on the ADV Flea Market site and have gotten some interesting trade offers. I will really miss the bike and wish that I had more time to ride it. God knows I put a lot of time in on this thread reading up on how to set it up best. As for the price $7400, I think it is a really fair price and I will probably be pretty firm on it. If I don't sell it and up up keeping it, I will continue to Adventurize it with a fender delete, knobby tires and more BLACK.

Teeth to the wind,
    Sno Dawg

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=877875
    with pics!!

7. xaman

xaman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Son Dawg,

Are you keeping your xchallenge?

I've got an xmoto and a scrambler, and have been thinking about getting something more touring friendly, but can't decide which other bike to let go of... It makes more sense to let the scrambler go (and have a big tourer and the little thumper, but I do know that I'd miss the scrambler).

GLWS :clap
  8. sark

sark Been here awhile

Oddometer:

I'm still in the boat. Please sell me the right side drivers peg. I could use a right side stock mirror as well. Thanks for looking.
  9. chasssmash

chasssmash Banned

Oddometer:
    If anyone is removing their rear pegs can you let me know - i would be interested in purchasing them-
  10. Sno Dawg

Sno Dawg Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yes - I am keeping my XChallenge as it suits my riding needs right now. I was also thinking that in time I might be in the market for a BMW 1150 GSA as a bigger tourer for on and off road. It would suit my needs well. I had a BMW 450 that was a blast to ride and a real rocket, but I barely put any miles on it and sold it last summer.

The XChallenge get my vote for my daily driver on and off road. I did an enduro with it last year and got 2nd place - 3rd overall!

The Scrambler is such a fantastic bike and if I could afford a few bikes and an FJ40 Land Cruiser, I would keep it.

Sno Dawg

11. Mastodon

Mastodon Mother F'n Dinosaur

Oddometer:
    That would be the Kreiga Overlander 60. Each side is two 15 liter bags mounted on a hard plastic mounting plate, which I have on a MetalMule rack. 60L total. Greatest thing about these bags is that not only does it let me compartmentalize my gear, but if I know I'll be going somewhere where there's not much fuel, I can replace one of the bags with two one gallon Rotopax containers. It may not be the cheapest setup, but it's practical, versatile, and I think looks pretty good.
  12. 2T2_Ryder

2T2_Ryder Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I know this has probably been beat to death but I searched and found no definitive answers on this specifically. I want to put on an arrow 2 to 1, problem is, the scram is the only bike my wife will ride on. Does anyone have experience with 2 up and arrow exhaust? Is the heat shielding as sufficient as the stock exhaust for passengers? Hotter/cooler? Just looking for some input before I plunk down the big bucks. The other option is TORs but I prefer the sound of the arrow, more sport v twin sound vs the harleyish sound of the TORs. Thanks in advance for any feedback!
  13. bighead3

bighead3 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I really like it. What type of plastic did you use for the mount and where did you get it? If you don't mind me asking.
  14. KSTriple

KSTriple Adventurer

Oddometer:
    The arrow doesn't hold as much heat as the stock pipe does. My wifes only complaint is that it is a little wider than stock. The heat shield does its job. It isn't any louder than stock unless you take the baffle out or modify it.
  15. gk ryder

gk ryder is this thing on?

Oddometer:
    Yeah no problems from the Mrs for any extra heat from Arrow.
    As stated a little wider but the factory kit comes with a little longer passenger peg (but we don't even use that) so you should be fine.

And yes with baffle out or modified the sound on the gas is belissimo :)
  16. Mastodon

Mastodon Mother F'n Dinosaur

Oddometer:
    I don't mind at all, though I may not be the best person to talk about it. Fellow inmate (and Scrambler owner) Amanlikemike is the US Distributer for Kriega Luggage, and maintains a thread over in the Vendors section. A good guy and offers free shipping for the rest of us inmates.:beer

This is that hard plastic mounting plate, and two of them come with the Overlander 60, one for each side of the bike. If you wanted to, you could buy just that plate, letting you mount your own soft luggage to it. Those clamps will mount to any 18mm round frame, though I think other sizes are available or are being developed. You'd have to ask Mike for sure.

[​IMG]
  17. trustme

trustme Long timer

Oddometer:
    Well done Extreme , how has this affected the handling of the bike , has lengthening the wheelbase & the offset front forks slowed down the steering a great deal ?
  18. DRZ400SK4

DRZ400SK4 Long timer

Oddometer:
  19. xaman

xaman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Cool video :clap
  20. blacktiger

blacktiger Tigers R great.

Oddometer: