Baja bound

Discussion in 'Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.' started by Dan950ser, Feb 8, 2013.

1. Dan950ser

Dan950ser Two Wheeled Addict

Oddometer:
    Hey everyone. I'm heading down to baja again in April to join a group of guys from this area. This will be my second trip with Grip Twister tours and I can't wait. Just wanted to let everyone know there is one spot left.
  2. BajaDave

BajaDave Crazy Bastard

Oddometer:
    Hey Dan, it's going to be a great ride this year, glad you're coming back with us! It should be WAY more fun this time with BOTH of your brakes working instead of just the front!:clap Riding over a thousand miles in Baja with just a front brake and making it appear there was no issue??? Respect!:super

Since this ride isn't geared toward the bigger bikes, we've got some killer terrain in store for you this time.:eek1

As Dan said, we've still got ONE spot left for this ride. First come, first served! April 15th through 20th.
  3. Live2Ride

Live2Ride Not Famous

Oddometer:
    Mid April, you should have some really good weather by that time. I am flying to Yuma tomorrow and will be heading down to Baja for about a week.
  4. Eldon

Eldon 90% Bike 10% Rider

Oddometer:
    The count down is on... :clap
  5. Have a great and safe ride! My dad in law and i did the griptwister ride in 09 had a great time. :clap
    Ride on man!
    TB
  6. BajaDave

BajaDave Crazy Bastard

Oddometer:
    Hey there, Tom! Why don't you consider joining us for this ride? We've improved our route quite a bit and added an extra day since you wen't. You are a solid rider and I'd love to have you back anytime!

David
  7. mtbdemon

mtbdemon Long timer

Oddometer:
    WOW!! That looks like a fun time-I will have to find room in the budget at some point and take this in!!! Have a great time
  8. Man Dave you really got me thinking now! I would love to go, just not sure of funds right now. I have talked with my father in law Les about doing the ride with you guys in Baja again so he could finish this time. He has a bit lighter bike than that KLR now and wants to go back. I would like to do another trip with you down in Baja, just not sure the timing is right for me this year.
    Have a great time down there and ride safe (Yeah Right, its Baja!!). Take some pictures and post'em up. I had a great time when we went last time and have been wanting to return ever since!
    TB:clap:clap:clap
  9. mx813

mx813 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Popped my Baja virgin cherry last week with an 11 day, 1600 mile, 9 city adventure. What a blast and planning how to finangle my next trip down there.

List of places we stayed
    Ensenada
    Mikes Sky
    Bay of Gonzaga
    Bay of LA
    San Ignacio
    Mulega
    Loreto
    La Paz
    Buena Vista

Visited countless cities in between... still trying to put it all together in my head.
  10. BajaDave

BajaDave Crazy Bastard

Oddometer:
    Tom, if it's not in the cards for this year, mark your calendar now for mid-April next year. I know Les has some unfinished business to take care of down there as well, so start planning... you guys are welcome back anytime! If I recall correctly, you are one of the few who've done the entire ride without your bike taking a nap at some point- no small feat!:thumb Remember this lovely spot?

[​IMG]

mx813- Nice list of places... welcome to your newest addiction!:D
  11. Oh yeah i remember that spot, alot of guys ate it there including James (surprised me!). I really thought i would eat it but i guess i picked a good line! I also remember the knarly hill climb the otherside of Santo Tomas where i thought i would eat dust too but made it. The view from the top of that mountain was one of those stick with you moments where i could relax and take in the beauty of Baja!! I have the date on my calender for next year and am really wanting to get back down there,you got me hooked! I am still riding my DR650 and just turned 15,000 miles, mostly off road, when i went on the Baja trip i had 1500 miles or so on my bike. 80% off road.
    Have a great time and watch out for the Cirio?
  12. z987k

z987k Long timer

Oddometer:
    Plus two days or so in each direction for getting there? If you guys don't mind, I might be interested. Always wanted to do baja, and I think, but I'll have to confirm, I already have a big chunk of April off.
    Plenty of time to prep the bike to.
  13. BajaDave

BajaDave Crazy Bastard

Oddometer:
    We certainly don't mind! Also, while you are welcome to ride to and from San Diego in the support trucks with the crew, 4 days of riding down the freeway in a truck towing a trailer isn't a lot of fun. Flying-in is the preferred method, and since your meals and accommodations aren't covered while riding down in the truck, it's about the same price or cheaper to fly usually.

We'll haul your riding gear down with your bike, so you can just bring a carry-on bag for the flight.

Get in touch with me if it's something you're interested in.

David