2013 RMAR Rendezvous, Silverton, CO - July 25-28

Discussion in 'Regional Forums' started by Big_John, Aug 23, 2012.

1. SteveO

SteveO scratched and bruised, but not out Supporter

Oddometer:

I usually call them Modette's Mystery ride. At one point, about 8 riders were huddled around a map trying to figure out where we were.......what an awesome ride! What an adventure!
  2. formulals1

formulals1 Semi-Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks, good info. I'll (and a buddy) be in Ouray during this events duration and will likely run into RMAR groups many times. It seems the immediate area lacks single track (or non jeep use) and I'm having trouble finding a trail I'm pretty sure was near silverton. Any good websites listing trails in the area?
  3. Brown Dog

Brown Dog North Georgia Dual Sportr

Oddometer:
    I LOVE me some San Juan's :nod

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  4. Rabbot

Rabbot Life goals-Die with memories not dreams.

Oddometer:
    Still looking for a place front range to park a toyota truck and 12' box trailer for the weeks of July 17th through the 30th. Coming out for the rally but want to ride some beforehand. Have one taker for a place farther west, but would like to minimize the truck time and maximize the bike time. :freaky

PM me if you can help.

Cheers Rob
  5. Oddfellow

Oddfellow Beasty Rider Supporter

Oddometer:
    Driving up to RMAR in my Sportsmobile with a trailer and two bikes in tow. I am actually flying back home for a week between RMAR and Westfest. My wife will be joining me for Westfest. I plan on parking my van at the Santa Fe airport for the week in between but am looking for a safe place to park the bike trailer for a week in New Mexico, Taos or Santa Fe would be preferred. It is a small three rail trailer and will have a DR200 and a XR650R tied down to it. Certainly willing to compensate with cash, food or good whisk(e)y or barley pops. :beer
  6. backwoodsKLR

backwoodsKLR Ride more, Post Less.

Oddometer:
    Wilson Mesa Trail is one of my favorite single tracks in the area, more towards the Telluride side, tho... :clap
  7. MountainsandRivers

MountainsandRivers loves dirty things!

Oddometer:
    East Fork near the top of Lizard Head Pass, heading back to Bolam/Durango Mtn Resort is a good one. Pole Creek and Lost Creek (sp?) just over Stoney Pass are the two main ones on that side (I haven't ridden them yet..but look good). Calico Trail outside Rico is an epic one, but a decent ass kicker. There are also a few other good ones around Hermosa Park..
  8. rinoman

rinoman Let's ride

Oddometer:
    Trevor, I will be back from Europe on Wednesday before your ride. I am still planing on coming over on Thursday night to join you on Friday and Saturday. Please save me spot in your group. Thx
  9. OldtimerTC

OldtimerTC Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Well Said - + 1

1. Riding with some of the best people on the planet ! = Priceless !
    2. Making friends from accross the country = Priceless !
    3. Enjoying rides likes the TT& R ride, ( Todd , tood and Rob ) - Worth Millions !
    4. Tall tales and campfire stories - Priceless !!!

5. Some of the most amazing scenary in the rockies. ( Probably the whole country ) = Priceless....

This event is BY FAR the best bang for the buck going.....60 bucks is nothing for what you get in return.....memories that last lifetimes !

To Big John, Mac, Modette and all the folks from RMAR --- Thank You !!!
    You guys ROCK !!!! :clap:1drink:clap:D
  10. dawgtracker

dawgtracker Adventurer

Oddometer:
    You Nailed It "Old Timer" Well Said!
  11. SteveO

Oddometer:
    Today the wife and I were going to take a walk with the dogs in the Santa Fe Natl. Forest. We found that the DOT had closed off the road and would not allow anybody up the hill, due to the extreme fire danger.

So my question about our event is....... Is this still a go or sorta touch-n-go concerning riding in Colorado?

:ear
  12. ebrabaek

ebrabaek Long timer

Oddometer:
    The central southwest ( Colorado)part of the rockies, where Silverton is located, seems to stay moderately wet. I the last 25 years we have visited, it has always been very green, with rain plenty fullness. That said, anything can happen.
  13. Mac

Mac Long timer

Oddometer:

Our event is a still a big GO!
  14. MountainsandRivers

Oddometer:
    Steve, this is happening when we get our "monsoon" season, which is usually light afternoon showers. We have already been starting to get a little moisture, which has been very welcome. I don't think there will be any problems, more like pack a rain coat if you are going all day and watch out being in high places in the afternoon!
  15. backwoodsKLR

backwoodsKLR Ride more, Post Less.

Oddometer:
    I saw online where there are some closures around the Owl Creek Pass area. We planned on running up that way before the rally, but I don't know enough of the land marks to know what is closed and what is not. Stuff like from road 853 to Court House rock... Doesn't mean anything to me. Would it be best to just stay out of this area and go another way? I mean there are plenty of great roads in the area... :ear
  16. MountainsandRivers

Oddometer:
    There had been a fire over there, but not big. A lot can change in the next few weeks if we start to get our traditional afternoon showers. Like you said, lots of great roads if that is still closed, but I think chances are good it will be back to safer fire conditions soon!
  17. SteveO

Oddometer:
    Yeah, I do recall last year's ride in the mountains. Everybody was soaked at one point due to the rain coming down. The trails quickly became slicker-n-snot......
  18. modette

modette Rider

Oddometer:
    If I recall you seemed to like the slick shiiiit
  19. SteveO

Oddometer:

:rofl

Yeah, it was all an adrenaline rush.....loved it!
  20. 73Mustang

73Mustang Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    How cold does it get up there in late July?

How hot does it get up there in late July?

Do I need to bring winter clothing?

All I have is a light weight Fly vented summer jacket and a pair of vented MX pants.