Eastern North Carolina Tag-o-Rama

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by RidingDonkeys, Aug 17, 2012.

1. RidingDonkeys

RidingDonkeys Purveyor of Awesome

Oddometer:
    Alright kiddos, it is time to get something moving in the Eastern half of this state. Let's get those Triangle folks out of the traffic. Let's get those Fayettenam folks away from the gunshots. Let's get some Coastal riders to turn on a computer every once in a while and follow this thread. Let's all get together and ride some of the Eastern parts of NC that often get ignored.

I'm trying to keep the boundaries simple without stepping on the NCNC TaR game. So, we'll use US 220 to the West, and I-85 to the North and West. Eastern boundary is the Atlantic Ocean. For those of us that are products of the North Carolina Education System, please see the photo below.

[​IMG]

The Rules:

1. File tags can be used to PLACE the tag. You cannot use a file tag to grab a tag.

2. Grab shots shall be as close to the Tag shot as possible.

3. If a tag is in a place with limited access, post an alternate shot. For instance, if you are tagging the welcome center to a state park, understand that the gates close at night. Post a gate shot too so night taggers can make the grab.

4. Tags must be accessible by everyone playing the game. Gravel and dirt roads are OK, as long as they are SAFE, LEGAL, and PUBLIC. Safe is subjective, so here is the rule of thumb: If a Pirate or a Squid can't get to it safely, then it is a NO-GO.

5. Leave good clues. Part of the fun is finding the tag, but it must be FINDABLE.

6. The Inmate who posts the grab shot first WINS! This shouldn't need anymore clarification.

7. The 24 hour rule is in effect. After grabbing a tag, you have exactly 24 hours to place a new tag. At the point that you hold the tag for more than 24 hours, you have forfeited your grab. You may not re-grab it. You may not post the new tag anyway. If you violate the 24 hour rule, the previous tag is back up for grabs by the rest of the inmates. The inmate who grabs first wins.

8. No whining about Rule #7.

9. Rules can be changed if there is a general consensus amongst the players. If the players decide ten years from now that they want to change the boundaries, then we can do it. If I'm long gone fulfilling my lifelong dream of running a gun store and strip club in Tampa, then shoot me an email and I'll edit this post to reflect the changes.

10. Tag numbers are awesome...when someone else manages them. I'm probably not going to be that guy. Do we really need tag numbers here? I think not. Let's just ride and leave the numbers for the accountants.
  2. RidingDonkeys

Oddometer:
    First TAG!

The gate will likely shut after dark, so a shot at the sign will be acceptable. That said, the sign says it all.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

GAME ON!
  3. RevBill

RevBill Irreverent Reverend

Oddometer:
    In .. good idea ..

.. btw .. sign?? .. sometimes I'm dense ..
  4. wb57

wb57 Long timer

Oddometer:
    :lol3

You forgot the sign pic.
  5. STBNE

STBNE Scooterrazzi

Oddometer:
    No whining...:lol3
  6. wb57

wb57 Long timer

Oddometer:
    It only says no whining about rule #7. All other whining is still on the table. :deal :lol3

Off to look for a light colored house somewhere east of Greensboro and west of France.

(Oh yeah... EXCELLENT game creation, RD! )
  7. RidingDonkeys

Oddometer:
    Dangit, that's what I get for staying up late. Mom always said nothing good happens around or after midnight.

Post edited with the sign picture. Tag on!

Sent from my Droid 2 Global using Typotalk 2
  8. truck6driver

truck6driver Proud Navy dad!

Oddometer:
    Wow another one. OK I'm in. :lol3

Boy this should get the wife going again. She rolled her eyes that I was playing 2 TAG games. Now 3. :rofl

So does NC have the most TAG games now?

Ray
  9. wb57

wb57 Long timer

Oddometer:
    3 ?

Let's see... Triangle, NC, sometimes VA, Eastern NC, Appalachian, watching the Southeast, global wildcard, North American wildcard, last letter, by the numbers, global multi...

The wildcard games are great for short runs when there's no time to go grab one of the conventional ones.
  10. STBNE

STBNE Scooterrazzi

Oddometer:
    I wouldnt be surprised if that were true...my feeling is that this game shouldnt overlap other existing TORs' I95 would be the western boundary and anything east of that is fair game....including the barrier islands...:deal
  11. RevBill

RevBill Irreverent Reverend

Oddometer:
    .. SE-Lair ..

.. man you are right .. never thought about it .. there are a buncha tags ..

.. wish I had the time off to go chase eggy too ..
  12. Flashback

Flashback Mommys Lil Monster

Oddometer:
    I've got me eye on the SE tag...if it just sits for another week it'll be on my route to Indiana...and I'll take it up and across Appalacia.
  13. RidingDonkeys

Oddometer:
    East of 95 seems to be dead mans land. Most of the taggers are west of 95. If we make this game only go east of 95, then it will go nowhere.

My goal is to get a tag game going east of NCNC, get some inmates east of 95 active, but keep the bulk of the taggers in the RDU/FAY area busy.
  14. wb57

wb57 Long timer

Oddometer:
    100% correct, although I might venture a guess that ALL of the current taggers are west of 95.
  15. Flashback

Flashback Mommys Lil Monster

Oddometer:
    I77 western boundary to 95 as the eastern boundary...would make a great central NC playground.

just a .02

Could even go so far as to create 3 games west, central, and east that provide coverage for the entire state and give people who live in no mans land something to go for, espec when one of the local tag games is tied up in either the urban areas of either Triad or Triangle or the NC tag is resting on the beach.

I personally love overlapping games...gives me many more directed destinations on a single ride. I also ride a lot more miles with overlapping games because "close" is only a matter of perception and how much free time I have on my hands.
  16. FishHunt

FishHunt slow poking...

Oddometer:
    I'll play along when I can.

Why no love for the outer banks? Who here has a motorcyle that can't cross a bridge or ride a ferry? With "water" being the boundary that cuts off a lot of NC beachesand towns that are not considered the outer banks that can't be reached without crossing water.

You might want to edit the first post to read that water is the eastern boundary before Flash drops it off somewhere in the Pacific northwest.

<>< Fish
  17. lonewolf97

lonewolf97 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I think fish is right, we should include the beaches. Might bring out some sandfleas. And numbers keep the tags apart from the fluff pics
  18. STBNE

STBNE Scooterrazzi

Oddometer:
    I agree...my idea is that the western boundary be I95 and include all of the barrier islands too...but others say its a dead zone...myself I dont like riding over open water so I'm not likely to get to the outer banks...:eek1 :deal
  19. RidingDonkeys

Oddometer:
    So, we seem go have a lot of love for the OBX. I will add it in.

Sent from my Droid 2 Global using Typotalk 2
  20. FishHunt

FishHunt slow poking...

Oddometer:
    Not riding across a bridge is a software problem not a hardware problem. :deal

If the current tag sets until morning I may head after it.

<>< Fish