Teiz Motorsports One Piece Riding Suits - Official Thread

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by TheNedster, Feb 14, 2009.

1. davesax36

davesax36 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    So I've read pretty much this whole book of a thread in the last couple days. Ghazi, I'm interested in riding out to meet with you and possibly try on suits. It would be an easy trip for me, since I'm only in Fort Worth. Having owned a Roadcrafter, and with the possibility of soon relocating back to the East coast, I'm very interested in a Power Shell. I'll send you a PM, but I wanted to get in on this thread. I met the 6th gear (or whatever his name is) guy at the Dallas MC show last year. He did seem very shady indeed. Great honest reviews here. I hope to meet you soon.
  2. teizms

teizms Long timer

Oddometer:
    hey,
    since we don't have a office or a warehouse here anymore - i don't have too many sizes with me. so, depending on your size, it would probably have to be brought in via our trial shipping service anyway. However, i can show you a Power Shell so that you can familiarize yourself with the features and materials. we will exchange contact info via PM
    thanks
  3. Kraonn

Kraonn n00b

Oddometer:
    I've got an early model AirShell and I love it. Like others I have noticed that the arm adjustments (the velcro strap style) don't pull down as snugly on my arms as I would like. Are there "approved" mods or alterations you would recommend to address this?
  4. teizms

teizms Long timer

Oddometer:
    this can be be easily done at any local alterations shop.
    they can make the strap smaller and adjust according to your liking -so that if its more snug.
  5. teizms

teizms Long timer

Oddometer:
    Air Shell in action
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  6. teizms

teizms Long timer

Oddometer:
    http://store.teizms.com/discounts

Last chance.. this page goes away on Monday...
    Power Shell for $399- pants for $99 and more...
    these discounted items will be removed from inventory on Monday so have 50% now
  7. southwade

southwade Long timer

Oddometer:
    That's in San Diego isn't it?
  8. levain

levain STILL Jim Williams Supporter

Oddometer:
    Just received a second hand Navigator. I've been curious, and the price was beyond good, so what the hell, good opportunity for a review. All I've been able to do is try it on briefly before running out to work, but so far it looks quite nice! Your product has clearly evolved..

I understand your take on waterproofing, but I guess I wonder why you didn't make the Exkin liner windproof somehow? I remember feeling like zipping the Exkin into my old Rev'it Cayenne Pro without the waterproof liner needed that windproofing. It would work fine with a waterproof outer layer, but without? Just curious is all. Like the jacket, the liner looks very well made.

Review in Equipment soon, but something else will come first.:clap
  9. teizms

teizms Long timer

Oddometer:
    super_ i am looking forward to your feedback.. i know how detailed oriented you are (from your other posts) so i am sure it will be constructive for us :)

with the zippers closed and liner in - we really have not had a complaint about wind proofing (and also in our own testing). we are working on a new (but similar) product with a police department in a very cold region and they have been quite satisfied with just the liner.. but i can understand that personal temperature thresholds can vary significantly.
    so with that said - feedback is key to our evolution and if there is enough demand for a windproof liner - we can definitely look into it.
  10. levain

levain STILL Jim Williams Supporter

Oddometer:
    This jacket has velcro arm adjusters, not the snaps shown on your site. Is this the older or newer version? Of course, they don't snug up enough, but I have girly arms. Rukka is the only manufacturer I've found that snug up enough:cry
  11. teizms

teizms Long timer

Oddometer:
    yeah the latest version is back to snaps...
  12. teizms

teizms Long timer

Oddometer:
    apologies for the lack of updates folks - been travelling extensively with little time to be online.

In the past few weeks we have been working on some backend stuff to improve your shopping experience - that includes new videos for measurements and also a color picking software to help you design the perfect color scheme.

i will be posting those online very soon as my travel wraps up next week.
  13. teizms

teizms Long timer

Oddometer:
    Sahara jacket and pants on a trackday
    [​IMG]
  14. teizms

teizms Long timer

Oddometer:
  15. teizms

teizms Long timer

Oddometer:
    Our new measurement guide videos are up on Vimeo - website will be updated soon as well.

https://vimeo.com/user20752031

Please let us know your feedback
  16. teizms

teizms Long timer

Oddometer:
  17. switchback

switchback Eatin' Dirt Since 1982

Oddometer:
    I am fairly certain that a Powershell Teiz suit is in my future but I have a few questions.

How does the Exkin liner interface with the suit?

What updates have been made since the introduction?

I like your Youtube video of the suit. Perhaps an updated video could help address the updates and liner.
  18. mchasal

mchasal Mostly Upright

Oddometer:
    Looks like a good tool for visualizing the combos.

There seem to be some issues with the Lombard section though. It starts up with the buttons not matching what's displayed. The suit shows hiviz/black and those buttons are highlighted, but the words say light grey/blue. It also seems to not have a correct list of which are standard and which are custom color schemes. If I select light grey/black, it says it's custom. In fact, I couldn't find a button combo that got a standard color.
  19. teizms

teizms Long timer

Oddometer:
    thanks for pointing it out - i will get it fixed.:freaky
  20. teizms

teizms Long timer

Oddometer:
    thank you for the interest.
    the liner is attached to the main body via two zippers (one on each side). then there are snap button on the leg and wrist cuffs.

since the intro we have made some updates which mostly focus on the the stitching and quality control. feature-wise there is not much of a change except that we have added a kidney belt.

we hope to start work on videos for more products (and update older videos) with more info very soon ..