Oillibya Rally Maroc 2012

Discussion in 'Racing' started by Dezertfox, Oct 3, 2012.

1. Stagehand

Stagehand Imperfectionist

Oddometer:
    Thats amazing, And to think your best is still to come :lol3
  2. too old

too old Keen supporter Supporter

Oddometer:
    F*** , as they say, you just can't compete with that, bloody rap star as well:clap:clap

I think that's done more than nicely :rofl:rofl:rofl

Being composed in a few hours wtf are we going to get pre Dakar? - looks like it will be the First night of the F5roms if nothing else :lol3:lol3
  3. LUDO

LUDO Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  4. tehdutchie

tehdutchie Long timer

Oddometer:

He does say 'traction controle'.....
  5. Carlos M

Carlos M www.motoxplorers.com

Oddometer:
    With all the f5renzy I think we haven't followed up on the original poster progress.

It didn't went well for Ralf, unfortunately:

Quoted from his support group on facebook.
  6. Myway

Myway Long timer

Oddometer:
    And the last well done.

EN
    <IFRAME height=480 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6uQ2wC5qXFc" frameBorder=0 width=640 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

FR
    <iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/PBAdK63XEB0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  7. Myway

Myway Long timer

Oddometer:
    Marc Coma, accident

Attached Files:

8. Myway

Myway Long timer

Oddometer:
    Coma 2

Attached Files:

9. Myway

Myway Long timer

Oddometer:
    Coma 3

Attached Files:

10. too old

Oddometer:
    Speedy recovery Desert Fox - you may be pleased to know that you started a 100 page thread, so read back for a selection of good, bad and downright ugly from before, during and after the Rally :1drink
  11. Ruffus

Ruffus Dirty Old Mudder

Oddometer:
    My search foo is slipping. Where do I find the final over all standings?
  12. too old

Oddometer:
    Ruffus - you should find it here under "bikes general classification stage 6"

http://rallyemaroc.npo.fr/posi/?lang=en
  13. Brodovitch

Brodovitch Team ⌘R

Oddometer:
  14. Ruffus

Ruffus Dirty Old Mudder

Oddometer:
    Thank you :thumb:freaky
  15. Gian

Gian dreamer

Oddometer:
    Can't believe Marc Coma fell down after a bush of herbe chameaux... it's the first thing they told me when I went to Lybia three years ago (my first desert ride).... stay away from them!
  16. Brodovitch

Brodovitch Team ⌘R

Oddometer:
    Cyril via FB:

After six days of racing, Cyril Despres (KTM Red Bull) won his fourth rally of Morocco, the Spanish Joan Barreda and Chilean Chaleco López.

Cyril Despres 'I can't deny that I am particularly pleased to have won the victory over the 2012 edition of the rally of the Morocco, which was far from won in advance, with a number of points that were not in my favor." First, there were a large number of official teams and drivers on the event. It's good for the sport, but not easy to win! Then, the fact that, for various reasons, I didn't participate in many races this year. And finally there was the profile of the event, more than sprint and endurance, and I have always had better results on more long runs.

However, I was on the pace from the start. It went very well with the bike and she proved that she is still more competitive than news arrived. In addition, the huge experience of my team clearly brought results. Although I've not much driven this year, I found that I felt really good on the bike. It was encouraging to see that all the preparation I did since the summer break has paid off. This is all bodes well for the Dakar rally, which will take place in just a few months. The only downside to the race was the accident of Marc, which has had a dislocated shoulder. I wish him a speedy recovery and there is no doubt that he will be in top form for the months of January.

The rally of the Morocco is the second biggest rally of the year after the Dakar, my congratulations to the organizers for having the challenge of this great organization and for this difficult book road. The event marks the end of the season, I would therefore like to take this opportunity to thank all my sponsors for their constant and faithful support. It may be a cliché, but it is true that without them, it would be impossible to line up at the starting line and even less to fight for the victory.

At the moment I write these words, all other competitors are left, me I will stay until Thursday. Apart from a few tests to be performed on a rear shock, there is not great thing to do on the bike, which means that I will be able to pay all my attention to the filming of Red Bull team, consisting of 15 persons, who has just arrived to film a video teasing for the Dakar. 'With the amount of material they have brought with them, the end result worth the detour!'

I want you to know.

Cordially Cyril
  17. Brodovitch

Brodovitch Team ⌘R

Oddometer:
    And the Husky / Speed Brain press release

over here
  18. Dezertfox

Dezertfox Rzr

Oddometer:
    Nice to see that I was able to get a discussion going on the rally.
    As you might have read, my rally ended prematurely on stage 2 at about km15, where there was a bump which didn´t seem to bad and I was quite sure I would make it, until I saw the stars ;-) I managed to continue after the crash, only the frontfairing had apparent damage on the front, otherwise the bike seemed fine. I did hear some noises after continuing, but did not stop to inspect properly. At about km 90 it became apparent it was the bolts on the sprocket that had come off and it was ultimately ripped off the hub, so it was over at that point. The helopilot I´ve just talked to the day before said he had picked up many guys he had talked to, so had me wondering a bit ;)
    Lesson learned: heed to ALL abnormal sounds, although my shoulder had me distracted at the time.
    I´m having surgery on the dislocated collarbone on Friday and after that a rehabilitation time of up to 4 months, which suchs big time, but that´s racing, I guess

Thanks for all the interest you´ve shown, I will race again, as soon as I get the resources!

#60 Ralf
  19. Carlos M

Carlos M www.motoxplorers.com

Oddometer:
    :D and don't talk to helopilots :D

Heal fast!
  20. Brodovitch

Brodovitch Team ⌘R

Oddometer:
    Well done & heal quick!

Also a big thanks for opening up the thread, as you can see it got derailed by the F5 faithful... :lol3

I hope your bike doesn't look as bad as Marc's at least...

[​IMG]