Adventure in Ohio?

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by somecallmetim, Nov 14, 2003.

1. sion

sion sigh-own

Oddometer:

indeed...

in other news, for those few who may be interested, last night I threw my first disc golf ace on hole #7 at the FLI-70 disc golf course :clap. I've been very close on some ace runs lately so it was a relief to finally bust my cherry :D
  2. mic_detonator

mic_detonator ride

Oddometer:
    Good deal Scion congrats!!!!

Hey yall, how in the adv world?
  3. krumgrinder

krumgrinder Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Awesome, congrats Shawn!

I know how you feel, when I picked up fly fishing a few years ago it took me quite a while to get the casting and rigging down, and then even longer to catch my first fish- but after I did, I felt like I needed to lean back, have a cigarette (I don't smoke) and enjoy the afterglow... :wink:
  4. MeefZah

MeefZah -------------

Oddometer:
    Pretty cool? Try "fucking awesome". :clap
  5. Jon

Jon Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I agree. Thanks for sharing that vid!
  6. Danjal

Danjal Insert wit here.

Oddometer:
  7. sion

sion sigh-own

Oddometer:

thank you, gentlemen
  8. mpenner

mpenner Heavy Cruiser

Oddometer:
    My car window stuck halfway down on Memorial Day so I have ridden the bike to work every day since.

Because I had missed all of the rain, I was stupid enough to make a remark to my wife last Friday morning that I wasn't afraid of the rain, it was afraid of me.

Starting Friday and for 4 days straight now I have gotten a soaking rain either to or from work. God has a remarkable sense of humor.

Sent from my cave using smoke signals
  9. jules083

jules083 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Does anyone want to buy something so I can go get ruppster's tw200?

1995 klr250

2003 xr650r

2002 yz125

The klr and yz I want $1200 for, unless someone can talk ruppster down. $2000 for the xr

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
  10. ScienceOfDirt

ScienceOfDirt U-Boat Rider

Oddometer:
    I got my annual soaking done yesterday. I hope I'm done for the year, but I doubt it. There's at least one other inmate, that I talked to briefly as I was leaving lunch, who also decided it would be OK to ride during a flash flood watch with a thunderstorm on the way. Sorry I couldn't talk longer, but I was running late.
  11. bikeridermark

bikeridermark Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    mpenner, I saw your road on the news this morning. Flooded.
  12. Gonzo_Matt

Gonzo_Matt Random Hero

Oddometer:
    I believe it, we are in a sweet spot that has just been deluged the past few days, it has been sunny 3 miles to the north and rain a 1/2" here. We have gotten somewhere north of 3" in the past 2 days.
  13. mpenner

mpenner Heavy Cruiser

Oddometer:
    "This morning Hartford Firefighters along with Monroe Township, Granville Township and the Licking County Rescue Team responded to a report of a person in the water at Bennington Chapel Rd and Shipley Rd. The citizen attempted to drive through the flooded roadway. She was unable to control the vehicle do [SIC] to the water conditions. Water was up to her window in the car. She exited the vehicle and tried to wade through the water to safety. Firefighters from Monroe Township entered the water with the appropriate water rescue gear and were able to locate the patient. They were able to place a life vest on her and get her to safety. The patient was very lucky with the outcome of this situation. She did not require further medical assistance or transport.

The Licking County 911 Center did a outstanding job in assisting responding personnel with the location of the victim. The new MARCS radio system was utilized to communicate clearly and effectively with responding agencies and the 911 center. We look forward to using this system on a daily basis.

Please, If the road is flooded drive around. You are placing your self at risk of injury or death.

Great Job By All Responding Agencies!!

Stay Safe"

This was just about 2 miles down the road from me.

Fortunately for this lady, the local fire departments are better at water rescue than they are at proper English grammar.
  14. alansz400

alansz400 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Kyle and I had a good rain ride yesterday afternoon. The plan was to have dinner in Coshocton we made it to Greer before hitting the first of many rain clouds. Waited a few minutes for the rain to slow made it to Brinkhaven and spent a 1/2 under a picnic shelter watching it rain. Since no one was using the bike trail in the rain we rode it to Glenmont and checked out the flooding. The sun was out so we headed for Killbuck after a few stops to look at the high water it started raining again. The road to Killbuck was closed so we turned around and headed over the hill to Route 62 by now it was raining pretty hard and I gave up on the Coshocton dinner plans. Rode some flooded roads before coming back out on 62. Kyle had never been on Twp. Rd. 28 and with 50/50 tires in the pouring rain it didn't seem like this would be a good time to try it but what the hell we are already wet and muddy so 28 it is. He made it with out to much trouble. When we got to the end he said one of the water holes the water was up to his front fender. We played in the strip mine and the rain was getting harder. After a stop in Stillwell to ring out our gloves we headed home. After a hot shower we took our wet clothes to the laundry mat put them in the drier and had dinner at Trails End. 80 mile ride in the rain to have dinner 3 miles from home.
  15. Whitey1

Whitey1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Time spent riding with your son.....priceless. :clap
  16. alansz400

alansz400 Long timer

Oddometer:

We are headed to PA. Friday afternoon for the weekend to ride and camp. No real plans if anyone wants to join us feel free. Any must see things with in 75 miles of the Ohio/PA/WV line?
  17. Gonzo_Matt

Gonzo_Matt Random Hero

Oddometer:
    I might be interested in that. WRR's or taking the strom?
  18. alansz400

alansz400 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Strom for me WRX for kyle.
  19. MeefZah

MeefZah -------------

Oddometer:
    I'll ride Saturday AM for a bit with you, Al. Edit, never mind, see you are leaving Friday.
  20. Jon

Jon Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Some of my favorite rides end up being like this. :D