With the Triumph 800xc out would you still buy an F800gs?

Discussion in 'Parallel Universe' started by veloce, Jul 6, 2011.

1. tofire409

tofire409 Geared up and ready.

Oddometer:
    :photog:poser
  2. lout

lout AYCIC

Oddometer:
    Damn forgot I'd Posted that, I put it down to age!!!
  3. Xcountry-Rider

Xcountry-Rider Banned

Oddometer:
    Pine Valley, California (San Diego County)
    I went down to Rocket Motorcycles today to finally get my breakin milage done and picked up my skid plate that came in and talked to Lance. He does not know the lost rider from Adam and has never ridden track and does not of course give out private information on customers. Lance like i said before is a cool dude and Rocket Motorcycles is a pretty cool shop. Thats all I'm going to say on that topic. Come to your own conclusions on the guy spreading trash.:lol3
  4. Xcountry-Rider

Xcountry-Rider Banned

Oddometer:

Just to be sure. You know that there are two versions of the tiger? A road oriented and a dirt oriented bike.
  5. sgtmarkins

sgtmarkins Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Just get a KLR:rofl
    Just kidding Been looking at both (Bimmer and Tiumph) I'll have to ride both to make up my mind:freaky
  6. Xcountry-Rider

Xcountry-Rider Banned

Oddometer:
    I got my Tiger a couple weeks ago and have been riding a BMW G650 for 3 years. The Tiger is much heaver but does not feel heavy at all on the trail. Some people are saying it feels lighter than a F800GS. I can't verify that but i can say the tiger feels balanced and lite. Its a much much better dirt bike than my BMW G650 thumper. Its so confidence inspiring in the dirt and so smooth on the road. My G650 has the tank under the seat as well like the F800GS but i'm much rather be on the Tiger in the dirt. So i'm not really convinced that the lower tank is making such a huge difference as people are thinking. After all some people have given the Tiger a better dirt rating. http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/254/10117/Motorcycle-Article/2011-Triumph-Tiger-800-XC-Comparison-Review.aspx
    and saying it is a better handling bike especially better than BMW in the dirt.
  7. Xcountry-Rider

Xcountry-Rider Banned

Oddometer:
    Actually the Tiger has a Two year not a one year and the Tiger inline 3 is awesome off road.
  8. lout

lout AYCIC

Oddometer:
    So why are you actually here?

honestly no bullshit why are you on the f800 forum?
  9. grndzr0

grndzr0 its Ground Zero

Oddometer:
    So... Um I think the OP was kinda directed toward people that own the 800gs "would you still buy and 800gs?"

We are all well aware of how happy you are with your purchase X Country.

I have put 11,000 mile on my F800 since i bought it in April. I have ridden it hard off road. Its been down probably 40 times. Maybe that says how much i suck. I have had zero issues with it other than a seeping valve cover gasket.

I am happy that i bought it. It has taken me far more places than i thought it would be able to.

I am fairly certian that you have worn out your welcome. You have thrown 4 year old insults at a fairly respected member in this forum. That is kinda hard to take back.

You are also the first person I am going to have to ignore. Which is even more upsetting because you are wasting more of my time because I'm going to have to have figure out how to do that.
  10. Xcountry-Rider

Xcountry-Rider Banned

Oddometer:
    You made some thoughtful comparisons. Not the normal this bike in a heartbeat kind of post:clap. Couple of comments here though. The Tiger seat i think is much better than the F800GS 2X4, Also more options for protection are available right from triumph that you can fiance right with the bike that you'd have to go after market for with the F800GS. Things like skid plates, crash bars and performance exhaust that you can get with your bike from the dealership. Also there are lots of after market options for the Tiger as well.

Touratech http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7XWEHMbcwc

Twisted Throttle http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0-W2EejDlc

SW Moto Tech http://www.youtube.com/user/swundbags?blend=4&ob=5#p/u/0/IdGiuNnjd1Q

Alt Rider http://www.altrider.com/product/category/fmid/44/cid/1/d/Parts+and+Accessories+for+Tiger+800XC

Happy Trails http://www.happy-trail.com/Departme...riumph-Tiger/Tiger-800800XC-(2011-plus-).aspx

Again thanks for the educated insight!!
  11. Xcountry-Rider

Xcountry-Rider Banned

Oddometer:

Dude the topic was started by a none F800GS owner and included the triumph 800XC and i don't care if you want me on any thread in the forum seriuosly? Who are you? The respected member you mentioned was the one throwing insults around. Go back and read!! Also he disgraced himself by lieing about Rocket motorcycles and falsely claiming to know the Salesman. Which has never heard of him and never talked to him. Even claimed the sales also insulted me and then claimed he gave him my personal information. All extremely pathetic lies and well just not very respectable. Don't believe me call Rocket Motorcycles. Sad very sad and did i say pathetic? Oh yes i already did didn't i. :puke1

Can we now for Gods sakes stop the freaking trolling and just talk about the two great bikes? Seriously can we?
  12. Xcountry-Rider

Xcountry-Rider Banned

Oddometer:
    If it was not for the 800XC owners on this thread we'd have a bunch of misinformation intentional or not floating on here wouldn't there be?
  13. Wildman

Wildman Long timer

Oddometer:
    :rolleyes

You've answered one of my posts three times trying to get a response from me. You're one sad fucker that's for sure.
  14. lout

lout AYCIC

Oddometer:
    so why are you here ?

you've answered the op's question, pissed off most of the f800 owners with your incessant gloating.

Go ride your bike, crash it, post pictures so we can see how it fared. we won't laugh, honest!

actually post a pic of it..just so we know you actually own one....
  15. Xcountry-Rider

Xcountry-Rider Banned

Oddometer:
    Actually i expected nothing from you. You made a criticism and i answered it i 3 separate ways for the lurker. We have some name calling trolls on this thread that thought they could talk thrash about the Tiger without the Tiger folks correcting the misinformation. We're here correcting it an for those that want to have a grown up discussion.
  16. fbj913

fbj913 Adventure Aficionado

Oddometer:

First Things First. I am not chosing sides and I would really like for the non-sense to end. Second. Xcountry is right in some regards. There is some mis quoted information in this thread and it is best to clear it up. For anyone reading this it would be best to go straight to the manufacturer website for the real information. And last, it seems to me like this has turned in to a comparison thread (even if that wasnt its intention). You cant expect the T800 owner not to chime in. NOW, can we move on? :D:freaky
    PS. If anyone would be so kind as to lend me an F800 I would gladly give you a REAL answer to the never ending question :rofl
  17. Wildman

Wildman Long timer

Oddometer:
    Please quote the "misinformation" regarding the 800XC that prompted your arrival on page seven. Seems to me that 800GS riders were praising the Tiger prior to your first contribution to the thread.

We have some name calling, yes. You deserve it.

We have a troll, yes. You. Your call for reinforcements from Beasts says much about you and your motives here.

We have no one here "trashing" the Tiger. Most have said what a good bike it is but most prefer the 800GS for the type of riding they do. Surely you can't have a problem with that?

You've been told before and I'm telling you again, tread carefully here.
  18. NCD

NCD Dirty Hairy Supporter

Oddometer:
    Sooner or later this thread will stall out......

just like a Tiger 800. :hide
  19. fbj913

fbj913 Adventure Aficionado

Oddometer:

:eek2
    And actually they released the new tune this week. The stalling should be fixed! Key word, Should!
  20. ebrabaek

ebrabaek Long timer

Oddometer:
    I`m amazed he`s still here...... Not quite sure why he was unbanned.......:*sip* Sad thing is..... the thread is turning into a silly mess.......

Erling