XRL owners sign in.

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by onaXR, Jan 18, 2006.

1. fritzcoinc

fritzcoinc Enjoying my last V8 Supporter

Oddometer:
    Dont visit Texas with that kinda attitude. WE drink this not some off color bilge beer.
    [​IMG]
  2. fritzcoinc

Oddometer:
    Ya know, maybe your oil pump is not moving the oil out of the engine like it should. Have you made the check of the pump by removing the bolt in the clutch cover while the bike is level on a stand and running? If oil gushes out the pump is not pumping well.
  3. XR BADGER

XR BADGER Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I know this has been discussed at some length , but I am looking at maybe an early x- mas gift:lol3 I was wondering from those who have made the swap, what they felt was the best route to follow on this.
    Which triple clamps are the easiest and provide the best results? Cut up stockers, emig, rsw?
    250. or 450 forks, I have the acerbics tank( if weight is involved in the equation ) and I weigh over 200:huh

I appreciate the feed back, just trying to make the swap as simple as possible so I do not fall into paralysis by analysis syndrome. Which I found is profoundly exacerbated through the consumption of said beverages.:norton
  4. kenny61

kenny61 old and crippled

Oddometer:
    rsw is quickest and easiest as everything bolts right up all you need to do is press stem out of old and into the new clamps... careful it only goes one way:deal
  5. thebigman

thebigman XR's all the way . Big Thumps or V-twins

Oddometer:

RSW clamp with The CRF-X front wheel . :deal
  6. We1Dont7Die

We1Dont7Die n00b

Oddometer:

Maybe the clamp is too far towards the end of the muffler pipe? I feel the leak coming from the muffler pipe cutout
    [​IMG]

My big fat pig of a bike
    [​IMG]
  7. screamin injin

screamin injin FUBAR

Oddometer:
    I had it on mine up to last week. If you click on some of them it has definitions or references to the word. Other ones go to spam sites. I uninstalled some different programs that I knew were junk, like toolbars and then uninstaller google chrome. I reinstalled google and the orange/underlined words were gone.
  8. ThumpnRed

ThumpnRed Pig Wrangler

Oddometer:
    I used to drink that stuff when I lived in Texas... Of course most times the only choices were Budweiser, Lone Star or Schaefer Light. :eek1:lol3
  9. fritzcoinc

Oddometer:
    I used to drink that Pump House red ale, then I got a job.
  10. fritzcoinc

Oddometer:
    Thank God someone else is seeing this and it's not been the weed!
  11. flyingwombat

flyingwombat frozen dead guy

Oddometer:
    GLAMIS! I know that feeling well. Welcome to our corner of the asylum!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Don't take your XR650L to Glamis unless you have a paddle and an engine full of CycleWizardry! :lol3
  12. Haywood

Haywood Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Chula Vista,CA (spittin' distance from Baja)
    Pigs in the sand? Yikes! When I go to Glamis (aint that place fun?) I take (here's more confessions of a closet 2 smoker) an '02 YZ250. Never had the XRL out there, probably never will.
  13. flyingwombat

flyingwombat frozen dead guy

Oddometer:
    If I get out that way again, I'm taking my KTM380 because I'm also a closet 2 smoker. :lol3
  14. ThumpnRed

ThumpnRed Pig Wrangler

Oddometer:
    Warm Shaefer Light with a dash of salt... a San Antonio hill country favorite:freakyI spent several afternoons sitting on a lawn chair throwing back warm Shaefers... They were actually pretty tasty once you got past the first six or so.:lol3 Then... wonder back out in the woods and climb up in a tree stand with a handful of sharp pointy sticks. What in the hell was I thinking?!:huh
  15. Mossy-Back

Mossy-Back Nookie Monster

Oddometer:
    Yeah, that was the problem. I wiggled the start button and the headlight worked again. I'll pick up some contact cleaner and hose it out really good. (The turn signal switch as well.)
  16. RZRob

RZRob Long timer

Oddometer:
    Just did like 20+ miles of a sand road that would've been a breeze on my CRF, but it was hell on my XR. This was Jawbone at the south entrance to the Sierra Nevada mountains.
    [​IMG]

Eventually I let my guard down and took a pretty good 30+mph digger. Besides cleaning my clock, It cost me my windshield, right mirror and things are just a bit tweaked. No way would I attempt Glamis. Whole new respect for the Paris Dakar folks.
    [​IMG]

RZ Rob
  17. Motor2of7

Motor2of7 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Decided to add some instrumentation to my XRL for the LA-Barstow-Vegas ride this weekend.
    The fairing is from Rallyraid. The "knobs" at the top are for a clear extender for a little more wind protection on the highway. The extender flips down for storage when you hit the trails. The instrument uprights are from Billet Innovations. The rest of the fab work I did myself. The whole thing is wired into a Touratech fused relay power block.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  18. Motor2of7

Motor2of7 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    First time I've used photobucket. Lets try this again.

[​IMG][/IMG]
  19. Schultz!

Schultz! Recovering Lurker

Oddometer:
    Dam thought I had it rough with just the paddle, your out there on knobbies with a supertanker:eek1. Even with a engine of Wizardly Delight and a paddle the bike is liable to just dig its own grave with the rear tire. With a bone stock motor I got mine buried to the tail light in no time.:rofl:rofl
  20. kenny61

kenny61 old and crippled

Oddometer:
    Gobble Gobble All :freaky