Who is riding Black Dog Dual sport?

Discussion in 'Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.' started by mtbdemon, Apr 5, 2010.

1. t-roys

t-roys n00b

Oddometer:
    I'll be there! I am going to do the adventure day 1 and if I am comfortable B day two. Got new nobbies on the bike!!
  2. ShastaKLR

ShastaKLR Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hello all

I am headed up to the BD for all three days and wanted to ride section 1 of the WBCDT Monday or Tuesday. I am going solo so I thought I would see if any one would like to ride that section on Monday?

Also, it is my first BD. I have a KLR set up for offroad with 606's, 14/47 gearing, and stiffer springs. I am a big dog but can ride pretty decent. Any advice on which route? I am thinking B but I love single track...not super gnarly steep rocky rutted single track but flowing and semi challenging single track.

One last thing. I would like to ride with a group so if anyone else is solo or is open to a mellow down to earth addition to their group please let me know.

Thanks guys, Matt
  3. RedMenace

RedMenace Adventure Sidecar

Oddometer:
  4. Biped

Biped In the middle

Oddometer:
    Any of you other nutters doing the BD this year? See you at the fairgrounds.
  5. OR_Rider

OR_Rider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    In! Riding my 84 XL250R.
  6. Mr. Cob

Mr. Cob Howling "Mad", Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Howdy All,

I'll be there Monday the 9th, help clear trails of trees and snow, party around the campfire all week before the event, good times, been doing it for the last 6 years. Hey Vernon, I'll be stopping by to visit with ya. :evil
  7. ShastaKLR

ShastaKLR Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey fellas...is it cool to show up at the fairgrounds thursday? Thinkin bout headed up a day early. Anybody riding durng the day friday? Happy to help if any manpower is needed for random last minute stuff too. What say u?
    Thanks...matt
  8. Almost There

Almost There Up, up, and away

Oddometer:
    Anybody know how loud a DR650 with a FMF is? Doesn't sound loud to me but after reading all their sound check warnings I'm nervous.:eek1
  9. Humunn

Humunn Agent Provocateur

Oddometer:
    Been wanting to do this for years, but...

The ocean parted today, angels were singing...

SO IN!

10. Scott_PDX

Scott_PDX Leisure Engineer

Oddometer:
    Portland...the newer one on the left side.
    Been there the last three years and have yet to see a DB meter. Don't rev it loud around the fairgrounds and it won't be a problem. Unfortunately, I'll be missing this years Black Dog, but I'll be riding in SE Oregon, so that makes up for it. Otherwise, I love the Black Dog - have fun!

-= Scott
  11. DiggerD

DiggerD DougFir from SuperDuke Days

Oddometer:
    Tom will ding your score card for loud mufflers.:eek1
    He dinged my XR650R with an uncorked stock Honda muffler.:wink:

I think it might have been about some whiners bitchin' about being passed by a Honda's roost.:lol3:lol3
  12. Squishy

Squishy Elastically-kinematic.

Oddometer:
    Don't worry yourself about it, just go do it, but respect the local residents & other trail users who have to go through this gathering each year. More about the AMA requirements & keeping this event going.
    So keep it down for this event. RESPECT other peoples lifestyles while you're there...then rip it up when you return home.
    I run a BMFBG on a 650, was tested once...but kept it cool for this great event.

HAVE FUN...IT"S NOT A RACE!!!! :deal :D :1drink
  13. bensgone

bensgone Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    If you have any possible way to mount it a stainless 90deg elbow on the end of the can will help alot.
  14. Squishy

Oddometer:
    Dang, call by my place, i have all sorts of implants & redirectors you could have...gave up messing with them.
    I once went to the auto wreckers, climbed in the hood of an old Ckevy pick-up to get a radiator hose elbow, to redirect the sound. It aims it down, but when i got tested, they hold the decibel reader at whatever angle the noise is directed...still over. It does muffle the sound at a distance though. PM me if you want, i'll give you the bag of tricks!
    IMO they won't turn you away, just kick you in the ass & tell you to take it easy!
    Chill...go & enjoy it. Big event, run by great guys, great get together. :deal:freaky
  15. Apple Jam

Apple Jam Ride Oregon First

Oddometer:
    And you get to meet the bestest kinda people there...:norton
    They may even prove to be lifelong friends !!
  16. robdogg

robdogg turnip truck driver

Oddometer:
    me and a couple friends coming in on Friday.. kinda hard choice as it's the same weekend as the Dirty Face, which has traditionally been the same weekend for decades.. but haven't done the BD since.. i forget when.. hehe
  17. acesandeights

acesandeights Noob

Oddometer:
    I convinced a buddy to come up with me this year. I had a really good time last year. One question...is there a strip club nearby?
  18. bensgone

bensgone Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The official BD flyer says check in starts at 6 am and riders leave at 730a, what time does Tom do the "talkin"?
  19. Mr. Cob

Mr. Cob Howling "Mad", Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Howdy All,

We now have all the trails cleared of dead fall trees, the rolls charts are being finalized as this is written, the rides this year at least on the "B" course which I ride as much of as possible with the sidecar is GREAT many roads I have never been on before and I have been doing this rally for the last 7 years. One part of the "B" course is on a quad trail, not enough width for the Ural but I hand carried my chain saw in a half mile to clear downed trees for you folks who will be riding that part of the "B" course.

As has been mentioned by others, this rally is NOT a race, that said I like most others like to turn up the wick when its safe to do so and have FUN doing it. PLEASE when you pass a slower rider, DON'T roost them, lets ALL have fun and show a bit of courtesy to fellow riders especially if its dusty, don't make any more noise then nessisary when riding by houses or livestock some folks live along side of the roads, trails and if we want to continue to enjoy this riding area being a good neighbor will go a long way toward this rally being continued. THANKS. :deal
  20. Squishy

Oddometer:
    About 8 ish! :lol3