Custom Seats

Discussion in 'GS Boxers' started by Deleted292145, Sep 26, 2014.

1. I have a custom Rick Mayer seat in my '12 1200GS Rallye that came with the bike used but it hurts my hips on long trips. I can send it in and fit $50 he'll modify it based on my height and weight but I have to mail it to him and God knows how long it will take.

I've been thinking about asking Rich's in Kingston, WA to either build me a new seat and then send existing seat to Rick's or just have Rich's modify my Rick's seat. I really don't want to go without my bike for to long.

Any opinions? Does anyone have photos of Rich's seats, his gallary online is lacking in 1200GS photos.

http://www.richscustomseats.com

Here's a photo of my existing seat.
    [​IMG]
  2. JetSpeed

JetSpeed Naviator

Oddometer:
    I have an opinion: Rotate that photo 90° CW, I got vertigo looking at it.
  3. GB

GB . Administrator Super Moderator

Oddometer:
  4. Loggiebone

Loggiebone Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I've got stock seats from my 08 GSA that I'm going to sell. If you're interested in them for a donor or temp seat, give me a shout.
  6. trc.rhubarb

trc.rhubarb ZoomSplat!

Oddometer:
    I've got a Mayer that hurts me, a corbin that used to be great but now hurts me and the stock that hurts me.
    I can ride my other bikes without pain but this one has been a bitch.

I'm planning a ride in to see him and get it done same day. They acknowledged that they will do that. $75 though., not $50 for a refit.
  7. nickanthony

nickanthony Harescrambler

Oddometer:
    Simple fix. Russell Day-Long. Not the most pretty seat, but you can't see when riding on it.
  8. elmontanero

elmontanero Practicing...

Oddometer:
    Did the Spencers Moto thing to my 2004 GSA seat. 75 plus shipping and myself and the pillion are happy campers. Turn around time made you think they just shipped it back without working on it.

http://greatdaytoride.com/Home_Page.php
  9. Sent you a pm
  10. Tewster2

Tewster2 Long timer

Oddometer:
    If you have Russell make you one of his Day-Longs your seat quest will be over. Nothing better.
  11. Mituk

Mituk Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    +1 on Russell -- going on 6 years on mine, and it is the BEST mod I made to the bike. Ride for many 100's of miles a day with a perfectly happy butt!
  12. adam_oli

adam_oli Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I have a rich's seat and I highly recommend it. I'm 6 foot eight and he added about 2 inches to the seat and moved it backwards about an inch or so. I ride a 1200 GS adventure and so far I'm very happy. It has taken care of a lot of the pain.
  13. adam_oli

adam_oli Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I would also recommend going to rich's to have the seat fit. It is a whole day affair but he really takes the time and you go for a test ride and then he modifies it some more. It's pricey but I am happy