Coast to Coast (and back?) with an Italian Supermodel

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by AntiHero, Jul 13, 2012.

1. AntiHero

AntiHero Long timer

Oddometer:
    Limited to 7 characters here in CA. ANTIHRO was taken (and always reminds me of "AntiHerro" as pronounced by Kim Jong Il in Team America), so I went with the closest I could get. Not really a fan of personalized plates, but I did it anyways.

Flyingdutchman--I've read your story, too, and even posted on your thread a while back if I recall. Thanks for the push for Europe and the 202 pages--I mean reasons--to keep movin'.
  2. DCrider

DCrider Live from THE Hill

Oddometer:
  3. AntiHero

AntiHero Long timer

Oddometer:
  4. MichaelBusa

MichaelBusa n00b

Oddometer:
    Is it abandoned? Been reading for about 8 hours solid and it feels like there is still some unfinished business :eek1
  5. AntiHero

AntiHero Long timer

Oddometer:
    You are absolutely correct, Michael. There's unfinished business. Unfortunately a moderator requested I stopped posting updates on this thread, as the 'official' ride was over, so it ends with abrupt lackluster. Shame, too, because there's been some pretty epic shit I would have liked to share--NY with people I couldn't name or post pictures of, lots of great things with the good people at Ducati, MotoGP, track day insanity, another 5,000 rambling miles on the Pani and of course, lots of confusion, despair, awe, revelation, hope and hopelessness. I've continued living out of a backpack for the most part, bouncing restlessly around the west coast while the consequences of this R/R continued to change my life, while I continue to live as fully as I can until I decide what to do when I grow up.

The good news: I started a new "official" ride this morning. What little I still own is again in storage. I've got exactly one bag of gear and one key. I'm sitting in a greasy hotel chair drinking Smirnoff and room-temperature Santa Cruz lemonade listening to Rob Dougan's "Furious Angels." I may smell like sweat-marinated dead bugs and my ligaments and bones reverberate with 9 hours of twin-cylinder propulsion, but I am happy.

A "Pacific NW with an Italian Supermodel" R/R thread will come shortly. Stay tuned....

[​IMG]

And SF is still yet to come....
  6. Eagletalon

Eagletalon Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Can't wait for this new chapter. Maybe than we can get an update of how you got to your new RR.

Later
    John
  7. rico2072

rico2072 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I love good news! Can't wait for this RR.
  8. lurw

lurw Adventurer

Oddometer:
    YES! :1drink
    By the way, why don't you post the other epic stuff onto your blog? Given your style of writing and the things you live there will be many readers, including me.
  9. justafurnaceman

justafurnaceman Imaginary

Oddometer:
    When do we ever listen to moderators around here?? POST THAT STUFF!!

Can't wait to see your new stuff. You're an inspiration to us all.
  10. Blader54

Blader54 Long timer

Oddometer:
    AH, looking forward to reading your report on this ride! Will be looking for odd or funny road signs per usual.

I was thinking that the stuff that came after you finished the c2c could go in a thread in "Inmates", e.g. "Fallout from the Italian Supermodel" or something like that. That seems to be where inmates can post stuff that's more wide ranging. Just sayin'......

Also, since just about everyone starts an RR with some kind of statement or story about what led them to do the ride, I'd think you'd be justified in at least sketching out your life changes as a result of the first ride and how they led to this one....and you could put in a link to the thread in Inmates, if you put a thread up there and folks who want the backstory would get the word and zip down there? Just a thought. Dunno if the mods would go for it but can't hurt to propose it.
  11. Tallbastid

Tallbastid Stay Grateful

Oddometer:
    Hell yeah man! Been really hoping for an update to this thread, can't wait to read some more.
  12. JamesM

JamesM Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    +1. At least post a link to your blog or another thread to follow your shenanigans.
  13. AntiHero

AntiHero Long timer

Oddometer:
    Put together a new website that was promising--allowed me to do everything I wanted, almost. The blog feature sucked balls, so I bailed on that. Perhaps I'm just so comfortable with the R/R format that I don't care for anything else.

PM me with any suggestions for blog sites if you use one/like one/read one that you think works well as an 'after-party' way of sharing.

In the meantime, I finally made it to Portland after another 6 hours of riding wicked twisted roads (+ 3 hours of one really boring one).

Aiming to have the first post up tomorrow. Thanks for the welcome back, guys.
  14. AntiHero

AntiHero Long timer

Oddometer:
  15. Squidbrah

Squidbrah Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  16. Tepi

Tepi Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    subscribed! Also following you on twitter!
  17. AntiHero

AntiHero Long timer

Oddometer:
    Ducati just released the video summarizing my trip:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/V7QnJyvQRTk?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  18. mint julep

mint julep Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Cool video!

Memorable moment for you Dennis. Awesome experience!

Loved your last RR, and look forward to your next. :clap

:freaky

Cheers,
    Dave
  19. CharlestonADV

CharlestonADV I do my own stunts.

Oddometer:
    Great video and congratulations on being part of a fantastic brand.:thumb:thumb
  20. Groomez

Groomez Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I was gonna post that here. haha it made me tear up a bit. :cry

I love being part of a community and getting in on the epic ride reports before they become widespread. Congrats man!

I may very well be an advhipster...:lol3:shog