Schuberth Helmets for ADVRiders

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by BoochZilla, Nov 2, 2010.

1. katego

katego Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Any comparo's for Arai Quantum II shaped heads?

-k
  2. martys

martys Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I picked up a C3 over the weekend at my local dealer. (sorry Anthony, I like helping out my local dealers whenever I can) I'm a solid medium in the Arai's but what really matters is the actual size of your head. I'm 57.5mm. Arai sizes their mediums at 57-58mm, but Schuberth sizes their medium 56-57mm. My C3 is a little snug, but I'm expecting it to pack down after a few days of riding to be just right. According to Schuberth's sizing chart, their large is 58-59 which I know is too big for me. The medium and large use the same size shell so if the medium doesn't pack down enough for me I'll buy a thinner liner and swap them out.

bottom line is measure your head and buy the right size by your head's circumference.
  3. bigsnowdog

bigsnowdog Sylvan Dweller

Oddometer:
    Quite a decal collection.
  4. BoochZilla

BoochZilla Metal.Moto.Mania.

Oddometer:
    Hi Marty,

Thanks for chiming in here. We have not seen this be a major issue, but for anyone who is unsure we always recommend a measurement as a starting place. At the cost of these we usually talk sizing with anyone whos thinking of purchasing.

You are correct the Schuberth will fit a hair small as their medium range ends a CM smaller than the Arai or Shoei at 57 for the Schuberth, vs 58 for the two former lids.

Also you are correct on the shell sizing, if you do not get to the desiered comfort post break-in you can always swap the comfort liner.

As far as your local guy goes, support the heck out of him. I give him a lot for credit for stocking such a high-end product. We 100% have out Philly contingent that supports us locally. The internet is a different animal altogether.

Best,

Anthony

5. BoochZilla

Oddometer:
    Hey Katego,

The headhape is going to be slightly less round than a Quantum 2. More along the lines of an Arai RX-Q vs the Quantum two.

Also there is a Schuberth C3W Helmet which will begin shipping in a few weeks and it is basically a C3 with a slightly different internal shape based around ergonomic studies that L'oreal conducted around womens head shape, jaw line and cheekbone structure.

If you are in the market for the C3 it may make sense to wait a few more weeks.

Anthony

6. bigsnowdog

bigsnowdog Sylvan Dweller

Oddometer:
    I bought the Schuberth Concept helmet new in 2000, and yes, I am still using it. I have been waiting for Schuberth to come back.

I wonder if they are sized the same.
  7. levain

levain STILL Jim Williams Supporter

Oddometer:
    Which Arai are you wearing that you're a Med. in?
  8. BoochZilla

Oddometer:
    RX-Q and XD-3. Wearing both currently.

Anthony

9. martys

martys Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Corsair RX7 - the predecessor to the Corsair V in the current Arai lineup.
  10. martys

martys Adventurer

Oddometer:
    thanks Anthony, you're a good guy!
  11. chiba

chiba FYYFF

Oddometer:
    Hi, just wondered if you could address these questions... the C3 interests me, so I'm curious as to the answers. Thanks.

--chiba
  12. vtbob

vtbob wanderer

Oddometer:
    I too am planning to get a new helmet for next season. My last couple of helmets have been Nolans.
    Does any one have Nolan and C3 real life experiance?
    How does the C3 compare with the 102 or 103
    with respect to:
    noise
    cooling
    fit
    any other comments

Thanks
  13. BoochZilla

Oddometer:
    Hey VT,

It has been quite some time since I have been in a Nolan, but aside from the nuances, I would imagine the Nolan will be much more round compared to the Schuberth. I would imagine the Schuberth would be quieter, but to what degree I am not sure.

Interested in hearing about airflow.

Anthony

14. GB

GB . Administrator Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    Nolan: read this http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=349660
  15. BoochZilla

Oddometer:
    Hey Guys,

I just got word the Schuberth C3W Womens Helmet and the Matte Black C3 should be in stock within the next few days. Also the Carbon fiber will not be around until the Spring is still the word we are getting.

As mentioned previously, the C3w has a different internal structure for head and face shape. IT also uses some light high-density foam in areas which should have a custom feel.

Schuberth teamed with L'Oreal to design specifically for the anatomical differences between male and female head-shape.

Best,

Anthony
  16. morvegil

morvegil n00b

Oddometer:
    I played with one of these at the IMS show. 699? I didnt get to ride with it..but just from playing with it i dont think its worth 699.
  17. BoochZilla

Oddometer:
    Quiet and light, man. Quiet and light :-)

The everyday rider will enjoy them, but the long distance rider will be spoiled for good on these. They really minimize neck fatigue and almost bring a serenity back to the ride, even at highway speed though the lack of buffeting, howling and overall noise.

I do, however, very much respect your opinion. They are quite an investment.

Anthony

18. katego

katego Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    thanks for the update!

-k
  19. chromedome

chromedome Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    This question was asked before, and not really answered (yet)...

I have a C2, which I consider the best helmet I've owned, and want the new C3. Can anyone say with experience how the sizing compares between the two models?

My C2 is a XL. As it's four+ years old and well worn, it's a bit loose. Is the C3's sizing going to fit "tighter" than the C2, or "looser"?
  20. GB

GB . Administrator Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    In my experience, my C3 feels looser than the C2 of the same size, maybe because the C2 kind of squeezes my cheeks a bit and the C3 does not.