Southern Ohio Shroom Scouting Day

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by JakeTJCJ, Mar 18, 2012.

1. JakeTJCJ

JakeTJCJ Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Since the weather has been perfect here in WV, me and a friend of mine decided to hit some of the backroads in the Wayne National Forest outside of Kitts Hill, Waterloo, and other areas. I am not familiar with the area but luckily he spent most of his high school days hitting up all these roads.

He is an avid Morrell hunter so we stopped several times to start scouting for shrooms...

I took my (New to me) 97 ATK 605, I got it towards the end of riding season last year and rode it back and forth to work a couple times but never had it off the pavement. He was riding his "highly homemade modded" KLR 650. The ATK definately lived up to its expectations for off road ability. The only thing that will hold back this beast and my limited riding ability off road.

Some quick notes on the ATK, made it about 65 miles and i ran out of gas, luckily I was only 3 miles from a gas station. I am gonna have to monitor it closer to see my actual range.

We rode 100 miles and let me say, my saddle is SORE! Maybe I shouldnt have gone out and celebrated St. Pattys day with Car Bombs, and put my new "soft foam" and seat cover on instead.

Just a couple of pics: (Hope I post them correct)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]