Yooperbikemike's 2013 MotoGP Thread

Discussion in 'Racing' started by yooperbikemike, Nov 11, 2012.

1. gco0307

gco0307 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Why should he change?

There is still resentment and attitude within the paddock towards him (irrespective of whether he bought it on himself), and as he did not have the respect last year, why suddenly change because he is no longer there?

I know that just because I no longer deal with certain people it does not change my level of respect to them.

Not true with Stoner either but the myth will always remain.

Stoner in many Australian interviews conducted this year will generally avoid MotoGP questions and if asked specifically will generally say as he has done her, that he will follow and watch the sport, misses riding but still had bikes to ride and is enjoying his retirement.

If aa person is asked a specific question than they should respond, just as others have done when they have proffered criticisms, but having seen Stoner interviewed a number of times on local tv he does not take every opportunity to 'diss' the sport and does not in these interviews seen offer unprompted answers (and we need more unprompted people in the sport .......... thanks god for Crutchlow)
  2. gco0307

gco0307 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    It is a relatively common saying in Australia along with the 'ran out of talent' line, often used to describe the failings of oneself as much as being used to disparage an opponent or team.

I remember hearing and using it back in the 70's when playing kid sport so it has been around for many a year ................. not original but the timing and delivery was precious in when it was caught and to whom it was directed (which is more why the outrage than the actual words)
  3. 5th-Elefant

5th-Elefant Long timer

Oddometer:
    You need to remember he was Australian. He still is Australian.
  4. Lurky-Loo

Lurky-Loo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Maybe Stoner's "some" was to let everyone know, as if they didn't, that he still dislikes Rossi. Maybe that's news to some people.

Regarding Rossi, he seems to be pretty easygoing about not being at the pointy end in a while. Asked if he'd be ready to pull another last turn move at Catalunya like he did '09, he said only if Lorenzo waited for him.

I think people hoping/expecting Rossi to retire because he's not winning are going to be disappointed. Sure, it'll be weird for Crutchlow to be looking for a job if he's ahead of Rossi in the standings, but Rossi's not going to walk away from another year on his contract.
  5. RichBeBe

RichBeBe All Hail Seitan!!!

Oddometer:
    You may be wrong for a few reasons. If Yamaha comes out with a new R1 (likely) and decide to race WSBK (probable) there would be no problem for ROssi to slide on over to WSBk for the last year of his contract. It would help both series, with Marquez the new golden boy and the most popular rider ever going to a new series MotoGP may take a small hit, but WSBK would have a huge gain. And since Dorna owns them both it would be a win for them.
    If it happens Crutchlow gets his seat and Pol gets Crutchlow's the loser IMO is Alexis unless he and DePuniet get the Suzuki ride.
  6. mdubya

mdubya Right Brigade

Oddometer:
    I have been to Misano twice for WSBK, 2001 and 2002.

If you are planning on seeing some of Italy, Misano is in a great location.

I find the track kind of boring, especially since they reversed the direction. September 15th will be out of season for the Rimini coast, but I, personally, would find that to be a bonus. See if you can get seats in the grand stand so you can see Curvone thru Curva del Caro. There is a big screen TV there too, so you can see the rest of the race.

If you can rent a scooter or bike, the riding in that part of Italy is pretty spectacular. You could ride the Panoramica from Gabbice Mont to Pesaro and trace the scooter tracks of a young VR46 and his crew.

You will definitely experience the insanity of racing in Italy if you go to Misano. Italian racing fans will redefine your concept of "nuts".

Aragon is one of those track I look at and long to ride. Being in the middle of nowhere has its appeal to me, much like it does for K. :D

I bet you could arrange for a pretty decent dual sport adventure in the region.

But bang for the buck, go to Misano. Go to Gabbice Mont (stay there if possible/convenient). Go to Florence for a few days, go to Sienna for a day or two, go to Chianti and drink the wine directly from the source.

I have never been to Spain, but Italians have a special way of enjoying life.
  7. mdubya

mdubya Right Brigade

Oddometer:
    That could be another disaster in the making, getting on an undeveloped first year bike. There is no indication Yamaha has any plans to return to WSBK.

If they do, Vale might want to wait a year for them to get the bike half way sorted.

Also, it wouldn't be beyond DORNA to allow Yamaha to have 5 prototypes if Yamaha wanted to keep Crutchlow.

That would be a win-win for everyone, except maybe Honda. :ear
  8. Lurky-Loo

Lurky-Loo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    "Yes he will, no he won't" gets boring. $20 to the charity* of your choice if Rossi retires before the end of 2014. If you reciprocate, great; if not, whatevs.

* No Super PACs, 527s, etc.
  9. DogBoy

DogBoy Not a Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Agreed. The originality wasn't the issue. It was the right comment at the right time to the right person.
  10. BOOTLACE

BOOTLACE Bikie Scum. Supporter

Oddometer:
    And go to Tavulia! Definitely! :rofl
  11. Turder

Turder Throttle engineer

Oddometer:
    One word: Cheste. I found the party over there to be quite... um different to say the least. Some crazy sh*t was going on there.
  12. dontlr

dontlr Banned

Oddometer:
    @matoxley: MM denies copying DP's setup @ Mugello. "I compare data especially on Fridays, but not setup. I also compare Casey’s data from last year."

@matoxley: And yesterday Dani said he's been misquoted after Mugello. All he said was "MM used same electronics to get traction."
  13. swimmer

swimmer armchair asshole

Oddometer:

It can't surprise anyone that Dani and MM would have a slightly frosty relationship. Two super succesful racers whose first goal is to beat the other guy. Yesterday's press conference seemed to bear that out. DP and JLo occasionally talking and VR and MM (sitting next to DP) talking to each other for nearly the whole press conference and DP and MM not exchanging any words that I could see. Everybody loves rivalries.
  14. Chuckracer

Chuckracer Jerkus Maximus

Oddometer:
    Perhaps the press is making one up?
  15. Jurassic

Jurassic Long timer

Oddometer:
    Rumours are flying that Suzuki are going to delay their return to Moto GP until 2015 apparently. Not good news. :huh
  16. erda

erda Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Really not that surprising since Suzuki has pulled their automotive sales from North America due to the economic situation.
  17. roadholder

roadholder Long timer

Oddometer:
    It might be a stretch to link the two.
    Suzuki was always a bit player in that market (which is becomming increasingly less important to global sales) and it's already announced they are increasing their presence in emerging markets.
    Let's hope they get their Moto GP ride out next year though!
  18. RedRocket

RedRocket Yeah! I want Cheesy Poofs

Oddometer:
    Bikes and cars have separate sales channels. Not losing money on car ops in the US frees up other money for motos.
  19. Pecha72

Pecha72 Long timer

Oddometer:
    But I don´t think they´ll go like
    “.......ok, we´ve saved this much by quitting car sales in US, so where are we gonna pour that money now??”

Remember also, that success in MotoGP won´t come with any small amount of cash.
  20. Dunewar

Dunewar Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I wouldn't be surprised if Crutchlow goes back to WSB instead of Rossi. If Rossi goes anywhere, it will be automotive rally.

Four wheels good, two wheels better