2013 Scrapheap Adventure Ride - Back 'O' Bourke - March 29-30

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Pezz_gs, Oct 10, 2012.

1. yellowchops

yellowchops Hates Sand

Oddometer:
    Cheers everyone, I need the side cover to keep the bike original.

Took to it with the Gurnie today and the fuel tank sprung a leak! Had been bogged up along the bottom seam.

Bloody KTMs, I think next year I might get a Suzuki.

I believe Yamaha manufactured the early Husquarvarnas?

Or was it Honda and the Husabergs?

Looking at forming a larger team next year. If two and a half of us can do $4 grand, what can we do with 20 of us!
  2. OldDog

OldDog non impediti ratione cogitationis

Oddometer:
    Bloody hell Garaham the fun just never ends with that bike mate. Have you considered painting it the same colours as the Titanic for next year? Might have better luck........
  3. Ockrocket

Ockrocket Long timer

Oddometer:
    Get a tube of the two part Araldite from Bunnings, works well on fuel tanks [well it did for me anyway].

I used the "5 minute- everyday use- easy mix- rigid bond", those are the words on the tube, from memory there are two different "5 minute" ones.

I built it up in about three thin layers, allowing 24 hours in between, then left it to fully cure for another three days after the last coat [the advantage of owning two bikes :deal ].
  4. buckscreek

buckscreek AUTODIDACTIC

Oddometer:
    Hey yellow chops!

I fixed my fuel tank with a $3.50 tube of superglue at Jerrys Plains on the way to Comeroo, worked like a charm, instant fix, back on the road in no time. Also used the same tube to fix a fuel tap spigot in Glennie's bike, again a no hassle fix and back on the road in a hurry. I've still got some in the tube, do you want me to lend it to you? You could send back what you don't use :rofl I'm glad you found the sidecover mate, it would be a shame not have the full monty set of "tactile glitter series KTM orange" body work!
  5. Sleepy John

Sleepy John Grumpy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey KC

No need to edit your OP. You're a proud grand dad and your words are true.

I have my own little scrapper so I share your experiences.

Easter is family time for us and back o Bourke a bit to far to travel. Maybe 2014.

[​IMG]

SJ
  6. Rockman

Rockman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  7. keychange

keychange n00b

Oddometer:
    Thanks John my post was bumped and once I realised there was a Scrapheap post I figured I was preaching to the converted.

And yes I realised that I had just missed this years event but if you saw my Yammie you would appreciate that I will need quite a bit of lead time.

Can anyone suggest a suitable budget dual purpose set of tyres suitable for an old AG 175 with 18 ". Rear and 19" front
  8. Rockman

Rockman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I rode a Suzuki TF185 ag this year. Duro front and I forget what rear, both from the same mob on ebay. About $75 for the pair from memory. Did good.
    Phil
  9. ckjackson1

ckjackson1 High Country Red Neck

Oddometer:
  10. OldDog

OldDog non impediti ratione cogitationis

Oddometer:
    Hmmm...ya know Cam, I have a spare Norton frame and motor sitting in the shed :huh