Pensacola area riders

Discussion in 'The Sandbox - AKA Flatistan' started by XT Thumper, Mar 11, 2008.

1. Madhouse

Madhouse Semi-Goodlookin! Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'm MAD I tell you!

MAD! MAD! muhahahahaha!

Working when it's riding weather.:lol3
  2. motomike14

motomike14 Thumper Crusader Supporter

Oddometer:
    So, you fellas are reasonably knowledgeable. As much as I have liked my old XR6, I've gotten to the point where the extra weight is starting to kill me/kicking it. On the prowl for a KTM OR DRZ400E right now.

Rode a 525EXC a few weeks back, and was more than impressed. In reference to the RFS vs XC4 motors, is the extra price of admission for the 530EXC worth it? What's the biggest difference (IE reliability/ridability) between the two? What's the big things to look at in terms of the RFS motors?

Really would like to find a 525, but noticing most for sale are 450s, and their prices are all over the place. Any feedback or advice is much appreciated.
  3. Vico1

Vico1 The Maestro

Oddometer:
    So here's what Im gonna do...

Take my Granddaughter to Church meeting at 4PM. We will go for a little ride first.....on the Vee

At least I will get out some....
  4. Vico1

Vico1 The Maestro

Oddometer:
    A little warning here... and all this is My Humble Opinion ...
    the Orange bikes 530 and below are NOT commuter bikes. You can set it up for street but why when you could get a metric scoot better suited (ala DRZ)

As a street lagal dirt bike of course they are the tops...
    Very little difference between 450 and 500.
    2007 and below has the RFS and different frame. I personnally like these bike a lot. The 2008 to 2011 versions were great bikes but much different from the RFS.

Now the BIG jump to the 2012 and up .... OMG. Gotta have lots of $$$$ however...

The best deal around is the 450 Husky FBM has up for sale....
    I think Woods Rider is thinking of selling his 2009 530exc

I might know where there is a 2007 525xc that MIGHT be up for sale...

lots of options
  5. Woods Rider

Woods Rider X-Crazed Racing Fool

Oddometer:
    Somine has to keep up the taxes around here...lol!
  6. Vico1

Vico1 The Maestro

Oddometer:
    Since it is Easter the second grade teacher decided to take a few minutes and talk about the upcoming weekend.

“Who can tell us something about the resurrection of Jesus Christ?

Little Johnny –already sitting alone facing the corner - yelled over his shoulder.... “I know if it last longer than 4 hours he should see a doctor!”

Happy Easter to all

Im gonna ride somewhere Saturday...Anyone?
  7. bzrider

bzrider Long timer

Oddometer:
    :lol3
  8. papa wheelie

papa wheelie Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    older 400 exc street legal for sale on C.L. for 2400.00 was thiking about it but can't give up the toad.
  9. Vico1

Vico1 The Maestro

Oddometer:
    I can understand that. Why dont you bring the Toad out for a little ride tomorrow. I will try and keep up and follow your lead....
  10. Madhouse

Oddometer:
    Yea, that would include me.
    Today workin on stuff near the Moon Pie House in Mobile.

[​IMG]
    T
    [​IMG]
  11. Vico1

Vico1 The Maestro

Oddometer:
    1) Thanks for explaining where you are... no way we could tell from the pic:lol3

2) Is that a little Lady Liberty I see down on the river line...

3) The Moose pic is photoshoped.... Roosevelt is actually playing chop sticks and smiling like a Chineese :D Kinda like that smile face

4)Do you know I have to pay taxes on Solical Security! WTF. Dont they ever give up....

That is all
  12. Madhouse

Oddometer:
    :lol3
  13. Barney

Barney I reckon so

Oddometer:
    Leaving Karick Lake at 0900, Road Toads welcome, but a Combat Wombat might be a better choice.
  14. Hatch

Hatch Perpetually lost

Oddometer:
    saw the easter bunny today while we were burnin

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/262lW-h2hAM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

also saw a crashed drone that looked like it was from WWII - it was huge, and the nose was crumpled up where you could tell it had crash landed.
  15. Madhouse

Oddometer:
    Probably a mama rabbit trying to figure our how to help her burned up babies.
    Smell anything like roasted baby rabbits?

If not then maybe it was just trying to be friendly.:lol3
  16. forrestrider

forrestrider Dont Do Stupid Shit..

Oddometer:
    That not the Easter Bunny, I ran over the Easter Bunny last night with my Truck, was not sure if it was the Easter Bunny at first, so I backed up over it and looked once more and it was the Easter Bunny, so I put the truck in drive and went to the Gas station and got me some fried chicken,coke and a chocolate Bunny with Blue eye's.
  17. Woods Rider

Woods Rider X-Crazed Racing Fool

Oddometer:
    That WAS the EB! I know that look!

He's saying, "Shit man, you burned up my baskets, peeps, chocolate and kites! You guys don't mess with Santas North Pole or the Tooth Ferry's bank! Now what am I gonna do?"
  18. motomike14

motomike14 Thumper Crusader Supporter

Oddometer:
    Bought that 400 today for much less than advertised price. Little rough around the edges, but motor is sound and had receipts for recent valve adjustments and some other stuff from KTM dealer in Michigan. Came with extras, including a 2003+ cam that didn't have the stupid lock nut for the compression release.

Going to ride it at ANF tomorrow and get it through its paces. Hope to join you guys sometime in April for a ride.
  19. Vico1

Vico1 The Maestro

Oddometer:
    Congrats on the new bike. Lots of RFS experience on here. Ive rebuit a few myself.
  20. Vico1

Vico1 The Maestro

Oddometer:
    App and I had a long day sploring Conecuh Natioinal forest. As usual for us no pics.... so we didnt really ride 100+ miles of beautiful back roads.

We found "Florida Cheaha" - its called Red Wash Hill... and its almost 275 in elevation.... BUT you start an about 10 and go up... across a ridge and then back down but its pretty sweet for florida (actually I believe it is in Alabama - damn). No sand just clay and hard pack.

Anyway - got enought tracks for a good 150 miles of really great dirt roads and minimal street. Nothing really challanging. Gas stop at Wing - about 65 miles out. You 530 guys should be able to make Wing OK. Limited snack at Wing.

From Wing BACK to Karick Lake I have two routes... easy dirt...and then
    Not so easy dirt with deep sand.

Again - IMHO - a good GS and heavy bike ride.

I can give out tracks and folks can ride on their own or I will be happy to lead a group if there is any interest. Possible April 6th and then April 20th is another possible. The road and route will always be there. The fookin awesome weather will be gone soon and it will be HOT:eek1

I wish you all a Happy Easter and God Bless you and yours...