Middle Tennessee DS Ride Schedule Q2 2010

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by codyrides, Mar 25, 2010.

1. ihatefalling

ihatefalling Let it roll

Oddometer:
    I'll ride with ya'll Saturday. It'll be an adventure and I'd like to get out and see as much of the carnage as I can before it starts to get fixed. Those images will go away soon and hopefully will never be seen again.
  2. tn-steve

tn-steve Addicted

Oddometer:
    I'm game for scouting on the 8th. As long as a average/decent rider on an xr650l would fit in with the plan...
  3. cdq3

cdq3 DRZ400pack mule

Oddometer:
    to make things a bit easer cody?...... highway 7 is closed and folks will have to take old highway 7, leaperscreek bridge is out at beard road. so the meeting place might be a bit of a bitch for everyone to get too not knowing the back roads as we do. I had to take old vestel hollar road to get around that bridge. If you would like we can all meet at my shope. knobcreek road is open and its just off highway 7 and would be easy to find. from there we can then start the ride. it would be easy to lead everyone throu all that shit than try to explane the detours. we can go down by netts and then dutch potts. what ya thank? just give me a call tomorrow.
  4. iyaoyas98

iyaoyas98 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm in. When, and where please. :D
  5. codyrides

codyrides The Milkman

Oddometer:
    Here are some more pics of the flood

Cave Spring Rd. - best i can tell, cdq3 took his on monday, this is what it looked like saturday afternoon.

[​IMG]

Here are a couple of the bridge at Raliegh Beard Rd. cdq3 was standing somewhere over here when he took his pic.

[​IMG]

here is the new tunnel under the road surface at Raliegh Beard Rd. i walked across that twice... scary...

[​IMG]

Here is Nett's during and after the flood. Bethel TN

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

New Hwy 7

[​IMG]

Snow Creek Rd.

[​IMG]
  6. codyrides

codyrides The Milkman

Oddometer:
    Sounds good to me. give me the info and i will update the schedule.

First post on this thread. The starting location will change, i will post here when it gets corrected.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=562876
  7. codyrides

codyrides The Milkman

Oddometer:
    This is what Hwy 7 looks like today.

[​IMG]
  8. threadkiller

threadkiller Long timer

Oddometer:
    Looks like the best line is in the middle. :evil
  9. iyaoyas98

iyaoyas98 Long timer

Oddometer:
    :yikes
  10. SScratch

SScratch Somewhat Tolerable

Oddometer:
    Don't cancel Saturday's ride, I'm getting my hair done tonight just for the occasion!

Post up the trailhead but don't use none of that newfangled gps terminology. I just stepped up to a cell phone recently and without a crank on the side, I've employed both brain cells to that operation.
  11. threadkiller

threadkiller Long timer

Oddometer:
    Shit. I'd have given you mine if you'd said something. (The cell phone. I need all the brain cells I have left. hehe)
  12. SScratch

SScratch Somewhat Tolerable

Oddometer:
    I didn't buy it. I took it away from my daughter cuz she was acting like a teenager.

That's my job. :lol3
  13. TroyJ650

TroyJ650 Long timer

Oddometer:

I hear ya, my brotha.....
  14. ihatefalling

ihatefalling Let it roll

Oddometer:
    HOLY CRAP..........just sayin
  15. cdq3

cdq3 DRZ400pack mule

Oddometer:
    Yea i went across that highway 7 that sunday on my bike. looked down and seen the huge ass cracks in the highway. and now looking at it after it has fallen in,,,,,,,,damn im a lucky bastard it didnt fall in wile i was on it.:huh All of the bad roads and floods made me wonder if my off road trails were wiped out! took a nice ride today and found its all still beautiful and only cleaned out the creeks. but still flooded and could not make the entire run....
    [​IMG]
    this was the end of the trail could not get with in one mile of the lake...
    [​IMG]
    nice clean trail here, this a fun up hill climb and it looks slick, but its not...
    [​IMG]
    you just have to over look the locals !....
    [​IMG]
  16. cdq3

cdq3 DRZ400pack mule

Oddometer:
    ohhhh...Chickasaw Trace Park is back open cody, if ya want to meet there saturday. It was closed at the time i said meet at my shope. i think that would be easy for everyone to find and then we can start form there. (shakes head) alot of damn roads closed around here.:lol3

Warning : This could be a true ADVENTURE rind. we dont know whats around the next turn ! :clap
  17. codyrides

codyrides The Milkman

Oddometer:
    sweet photos man. damn fine riding.
  18. notarat

notarat Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I dunno if I'll be able to make it this weekend. We're having an all-hands meeting tomorrow morning (actually in 2 hours since I've been awake all night) to discuss the flood damage that occurred here in Millington. (my office building had 3ft of water in it so we're likely to be off work for a few weeks, minimum.)

I work at a damn Navy base and we got like ZERO fucking boats here. WTF?!:
    [​IMG]

A few weeks off work sounds great, but my company may ask me to provide auxiliary support to FEMA's disaster relief efforts in Nashville for the next month since it looks like we "may" not be able to return to our normal work for a while...

I won't know for sure what's going on with work here in Millington until after the meeting...

Here's some more pics:
    [​IMG]

We name our cities appropriately here in TN
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
  19. codyrides

codyrides The Milkman

Oddometer:
    I changed the starting location to Chickasaw Trace.

Chickasaw Trace. 1417 New Highway 7 <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Columbia</st1:City> <st1:State w:st="on">TN</st1:State> <st1:postalCode w:st="on">38401</st1:postalCode></st1:place>. Enter the park, cross the bridge, hang a left, and meet in the parking lot of the log cabin on the right. 35.667896,-87.079546

The ride is a go. Meet at 10AM and roll out at 11AM.

Who will be trailering in and parking at my house? I need to know how many to expect. If you do intend to trailer in be at my house by 9AM, we need to head out at 9:45.

thirty-one twenty-seven new highway seven santa fe, tn three eight four eight two

six one five - four five six - nine two nine three

FAIR WARNING - I make no guarantees that anything will be passible. It is entirely possible that we will find stuff that looks like this.

[​IMG]

See you all Saturday Morning :D
  20. ducnek

ducnek Trying not to feel it too hard

Oddometer:
    In...

Sounds awesome.:clap