Philippines Adventure Rides

Discussion in 'Asia' started by Wild_Man, Mar 28, 2008.

1. hondav2

hondav2 Kiwi Fukengruver

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

I am , if anyone is post on here and we might be able to meet for a beer or meal in KL or at the track . I havnt booked a bed but will stay at a B&B or budget hotel somewhere between KL Cental and China Town .
  2. hondav2

hondav2 Kiwi Fukengruver

Oddometer:
    Not much happening on this thread so here is some pics to bump it up. Weather has been dry at Bantayan Island . Hope you guys up on Luzon are ok with all the bad weather you have had there .

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  3. Hercules

Hercules "Proudly Philippine Made"

Oddometer:
    Nice pictures to bump the thread up.

Well, we in the Island of Luzon were not so blessed with dry weather since Monday. Those strong torrential rains have continuously pouring and there is floodwaters about. This was how it looked outside my house...

A local with his Invention Intervention water contraption!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

My Neighbor bringing his friend to dry land after a drinking session. LOL!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The floodwaters taken from the gate of my house....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  4. Adventure Addict

Adventure Addict Doin it in the dirt

Oddometer:

Photo below taken in the middle of nowhere, deep in the mountains of Panay, en-route from San Remigio to Leon.

Encounters like this are why we love riding in the Philippines! :thumb

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  5. Rackemcrackem

Rackemcrackem Unsafe at any speed

Oddometer:
    Herc,

I think it's time you built a second floor and a bike elevator! :lol3

Did the water rise to the level of your garage floor? It looks like it was very close this time.
  6. Hercules

Oddometer:
    Hey Terry.....

How sad but the true... the water entered the house and I had to raise and secure all of them bikes. And I did a good job too. All bikes were safe and started up normally after.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    https://www.advrider.com/advrider-photobucket-images/images/H/Hercules55_Flood%2520in%2520Makati%25202013_20082013820_zpscf247767.jpg[/ IMG][/URL]
    [URL="http://s94.photobucket.com/user/Hercules55/media/Flood%20in%20Makati%202013/20082013819_zps03f3a154.jpg.html"][IMG]https://www.advrider.com/advrider-photobucket-images/images/H/Hercules55_Flood%2520in%2520Makati%25202013_20082013819_zps03f3a154.jpg
  7. Rackemcrackem

Rackemcrackem Unsafe at any speed

Oddometer:
    Ahhh! Tough luck, my friend! Such a lot of work to cope with the floods during a bad monsoon. The look on your face tells the story. Has most of the water receded now?

This was a bad one. Typhoon Ondoy in 2009 was a lot worse, though, wasn't it?

I have an engineering idea for keeping metro Manila dry during the monsoons but it would involve spending $ Billions USD, so we know that isn't going to happen.
  8. hondav2

hondav2 Kiwi Fukengruver

Oddometer:
    How is the weather there now Herc ?? How is the clean up going ??
  9. Hercules

Oddometer:
    Thanks guys, but all is well in the end.

The water entered the house, stayed for a few hours and went down fast. on the same day too Aug 20, 2013. No more floodwater from then on.

No more rains and the sun is drying things up here now.

Now back to regular programing.....
  10. Sotz

Sotz Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Glad to hear you're okay bro.

Ano, kelan tayo ride nina Jun S? He invited earlier, but can't make it tomorrow.
  11. RPSalt

RPSalt n00b

Oddometer:
    Planning a ride through Tabuc-Bontoc-Cervantes-La Union this weekend and was wondering if Hercules had any info on current road conditions?
  12. Hercules

Oddometer:
    Welcome to the Philippine Adventure Rides thread RPSalt! I am glad you found your way here.

And congratulation on you very first post in the advriders.com forum after being a lurker for more than 2 years! :clap

The Tabuk to Bontoc road will be the only dirty and muddy terrain you will pass. Because it has been raining in the highlands the past weeks. However it will definitely passable as there are public utility vehicles plying the route with passenger and veggies. It is about 108.kms distance. Last month some rider buddies passed the route with no problem. It will be manageable for sure. Check Map below.... (so sorry, the embedding functions has been deactivated and not working in this thread. Please try to click the link below)

https://maps.google.com.ph/maps?sad...jSNKPMzGSRjxDav0t-Q&oq=Bontoc&mra=ls&t=m&z=10

In the other hand, Bontoc to Cervantes to La Union will be quite different. THe route is now well paved and smooth with the newly innagurated Aluling bridge connecting Suyo and Cervantes. The longest bridge in the making. No more hanging bridge crossing as I crossed last November 2012. It was innagurated last Aug 15, 2013. More info and video below:

http://mb.com.ph/News/National_News...d_after_35_years_of_construction#.UiaMIdT5djo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zRvqkJYsY0

It has a distance of 165kms and mostly twisties with great views. Check map below....

https://maps.google.com.ph/maps?sad...Xhq_USJ6g&oq=San+Fernando,+La&mra=ls&t=m&z=10

Feel free to ask any more questions.....
  13. RPSalt

RPSalt n00b

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the quick reply, I really appreciate it. Will provide feedback and a few photos after we return.
  14. Hercules

Oddometer:
    Sure thing. Would love to see some pictures too.

Might be going North this weekend, where are you starting from?
    If you will need some help along the way, lemme know as I might be able to hook up some riders from the area near you.
  15. RPSalt

RPSalt n00b

Oddometer:
    Starting in Santiago City...ride delayed til tuesday because of other comittments. Ridden most routes up here except the tabuk...cervantes road almost sad walang hanging bridge. If u get this far North let me know. Not sure but may be going to Dinadiawan if landslides get cleared on the Quirino...Aurora route
  16. Hercules

Oddometer:
    That's great your from Isabela!

Would love to go to Dinadiawan again and exiting thru Madella to Cordon. Maybe one time we can hook up if I get lost in you territory.

Some pix of my last ride in the area ......

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Have fun and enjoy. BTW, they don't serve beer at Davidson Hotel in Tabuk. It seems that the local belief has something to do with the religious background of the hotel owner.
  17. RPSalt

RPSalt n00b

Oddometer:
    Madella, Quirino to Donadiawan, Aurora

[​IMG]
    Road clearing Aurora to Madella route

[​IMG]
    Many landslides and damaged roads on Quirino side but passable

[​IMG]
    More road damage Quirino side

[​IMG]
    Sunrise still nice at Dinadiawan, Aurora

Still a nice ride but not quite the adventure it used to be...only one river crossing. Soft sand on the one river due to recent typhoon and a little deeper than normal but should be back to normal as traffic resumes. Slippery on the Quirino side because of clay soil (sandy on Aurora side). Of course just when your feeling adventurous you pass a husband, wife, and 2 or 3 children riding a 125cc scooter on the same route :-)

Road to Baler is clear from Dinadiawan 1+ hour ride.
    250txc likes this.
  18. Hercules

Oddometer:
    Awesome!!! As expected, everytime there is a typhoon, the terrain changes, good to here that there are still passable. Thanks for sharing the experience. How I wish I can do that route again.

More pix please.....

Hahahaha.... I know exactly what you mean...... :clap

Cheers!
  19. RPSalt

RPSalt n00b

Oddometer:
    Tuesday 3 of us from Region 2 rode the Tabuk-Bontoc-Cervantes-Tagudin route. As u mentioned the Tabuc to Bontoc road was the dirty section. Mostly due to landslides and road construction.

We left at 5am from Total in Cordon, Isabela. Breakfast in Tabuk then spent an hour outside Tabuk repairing flat on my bike :-( . Before Tabuk there are lots of native pigs and chickens on road...be careful. The word is if you hit one, they become the most prized possesion of the owner and can be costly. The road to Bontoc mostly follows the Chico river (white water rafting available) and is very scenic.

Lunch outside Bontoc then turned off the Halsema highway to Tadian and Cervantes. After Tadian the floodgates opened and we had continuous rain the rest of the day. We stopped in Cervantes for coffee and looked at Villa Maria but the restaurant was closed so we decided to push on to Tagudin.

The road from Cervantes to Tagudin has beautiful mountain scenery but regretfully we couldn't see much riding in the clouds. At times water was 3 or 4 inches deep on the road...heavy rains all the way to Tagudin.

Arrived in Tagudin about 6:30pm stayed at Sampaguita hotel (580 per room) small rooms but ok for a nights sleep. Next day off to Amianan Boating World in San Fabian Pangasinan and a relaxing day at ocean and pool. Fresh seafood (huge shrimp) and MP light for dinner :-) .

Next day back through San Jose-Dalton Pass-Santiago. Good weather on trip with the exception of the first day. I would recommend the trip through the mountains to anyone but summer would be better. It is relatively remote so bring tools and keep the speed down as it can be a long ways to assistance. We had 2 GS's and a f650cs...easier on the GS but CS with road tires made it ok. Pictures from my cp but didn't pull it out in the rain. Took lots of video with Contour helmwt cam but still figuring out the editing.

Safe riding

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  20. Hercules

Oddometer:
    I was able to go up the highland of Baguio to the Highest point in the Mt. Province. And its good to be back on the saddle after the long hibernation.

As you can see the photos expresses a lot.......

[​IMG]

My ride buddies Adrian Campos and Roberto Saenz

[​IMG]

THe machines (L to R) Skyhook Pike's Peak, R65LS & V-strom

[​IMG]

A little shower won't make me sick right?

[​IMG]

Let me do it again.....

[​IMG]

Entering........

[​IMG]

And exiting with style!!!

[​IMG]

Nothing beats a happy smile on a riders's face