Jax' mediocre photo thread, a general waste of time.

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by JaxObsessed, Jun 26, 2012.

1. H14

H14 Live, Laugh, Love.

Oddometer:
    What, did you break another camera?:dunno

I'm too lazy to be looking for this on page 2.
  2. JaxObsessed

JaxObsessed Aggressively pedantic about objective truth=Woke.

Oddometer:
    Nope... just
    Lazy too.... :deal

[​IMG]

Absolutely, living in the past. :huh

:lol2
    [​IMG]

My Buds:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
  3. 903cc

903cc Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Nice bike bro. One of my favs. It's on my list of dream bikes.
  4. JaxObsessed

Oddometer:
    5 posts since 08? Damn dude, I'm honored. :lol3

My gs (Gucci KLR:lol3) has taken me a lot of places. It is a great middle of the field dual sport.
    It chows on the road and gravel miles, gets great gas mileage, and is not too hard to work on.
    Not a dirt bike and not a road bike. A true 50/50.
  5. Scotty P

Scotty P Funny Like a Clown

Oddometer:
    What kind of gore tex socks do you wear??:lol3

seriously I need to get a few pair......
  6. JaxObsessed

Oddometer:
    I love those things. Rei and Cabelas. Though I have Klim envy... the tallest Most spendy ones .. go higher than a MX boot!.

You know, for all the rain we dealt with out west, I never had the gtex on. Didn't stay entirely dry either, but the temps were treating us really well.
  7. tom c

tom c Long timer

Oddometer:
    ...did somebody say something about GORE-TEX(R)? :norton
  8. Scotty P

Scotty P Funny Like a Clown

Oddometer:
    :nod

Hi-jack over.........:wink:
  9. LadyDraco

LadyDraco KillerSmileIHazIt !!

Oddometer:
    I love my Thor-Lo But I wear Waterproof boots..:D
  10. JaxObsessed

Oddometer:
    Some stuff from Fall 11:

BWDR :freaky
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Skyclad and his Uly.... Last ride for a great bike. :cry
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A mess of my buddies will be familiar with this road off 33.
    NFW on El Tigre..... No Fucking Way.. Road has 10,000 baby heads LOL, I know caus I hit every one of them on my 650:rofl:rofl
    [​IMG]

looks innocent enough:lol3
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I started the day riding with Skyclad, 6 and a couple others. Just as we starte up the mountain west of Harrisonburg VA on rt33 Sky's Uly decided it was sick of sticking to the road and tumbled off the berm in a spectacular fashon.... Despite tumbling head over ass, Sky was not injured, and barely shaken (badass that he is), but his beloved Uly would not survive.

After this incident everybody went their different ways. I was only by myself for about 20 minutes when I came upon this group of BWDR, Del Douches and PA peckers... :lol3
    Friends!!! It was later this day that I found out how good friends can be!!! :deal
    Beantop, Stirby, Eddie Bolted, Hack....
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now infamous Smoke Hole Rd.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last known photo of my right shoulder before its demise.:huh
    [​IMG]
    Just part of my plan to bionicize all the joints in my body. By now, I'm sure I'm close to 1/6 of the way to becoming the Six Million Dollar Man.....:lol3

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tell me the sky doesn't look like water...
    I posted this originally under the influence...:lol3
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This meadow was right next to a 200 degree turn at the end of Smoke hole.

Beantop and Eddie uh..... bolted!:lol3 We were gonna catch up to them later.

I was leading Hack and Stirby at a whopping 20 mph... paying attention to everything except riding my bike (dumbass move)...
    I went into the 200* too soon.... Honestly just not paying fucking attention. When I realized that an oncoming car would take me out, I over corrected and glanced my front end off a guardrail. I wasn't going very fast at all...
    I was stuck between the bike and the guard rail in this slow motion wrasslin match that my right shoulder gave its life for.
    Hack and Stirby watched in horror, then ran to my aid.
    This is where good people show their metal.
    Hack helped me get the bike up and tried to get me to realize the severity of my situation.... I was in complete macho denial and wanted to do nothing but get my bike back on the road and go back to the BWDR compound. I didn't know that my shoulder was out of the socket until later, all I knew was that I couldn't move my arm... Like the dumbass that I am, I kept trying to put my hand on the throttle which hurt like a mother...."maybe it won't hurt this time---OUCH, maybe it won't hurt this time---OUCH... ad nauseum. :ddog
    Hack had already waved down a nice couple in a truck to try and convince me that I really didn't need to be riding the bike and that I should go to the hospital... I continued to be surly and stupid for almost a half hour... Then Hack's gentle persuasion sunk in enough to take a ride to the hospital from the nice couple. (who had waited at least 15 minutes for me to come to my senses :raabia) I was getting shocky and in level 9 pain... :cry
    I was super lucky (for several reasons) to have my friends there, the nearest hospital was in Petersburg WV just a few miles down the road.

Hack rode my bike to the hospital, it was a little scratched up and took a ding to the right front fork that was a little leaky.
    Stirby stayed in the emergency room waiting room with me while Hack went 90 miles back to BWDR to rally the troops to come and save my ass....all in all she waited over 8 hours!!! I'll NEVER forget the kindness and loyalty Stirby.
    Hack wasn't feeling well, so my friends WayneJ and VA Commuter drove Bloochdog's truck back the 90 miles to get me, my bike and Stirby.
    I think Wayne has a flattering photo of me leaving the emergency room...:rofl:rofl:rofl Post away Wayne, if you are lurking.
    Stirby gave up her entire afternoon and evening. Hack dealt with my pissed off and in pain ass perfectly. Wayne and VAC gave up their Saturday night festivities to drive 180 miles to save my ass....Then here is the kicker.. Hack rode my bike from Elkton VA back to Baltimore and Stirby drove me back in their truck..... :deal
    Nobody should wonder why I'm always saying I am one of the luckiest human beings ever born!!!! This story points it out wonderfully.

Thanks again Hack, love ya man.
    Thanks again Stirby, you are the best.
    Thanks again VAC and Wayne!!
    Thanks Blooch and Banshee for loaning your truck and for putting my sad ass in a bed in the house for the night.

The shoulder hung out for 4 days until I had surgery. These were interesting days.:lol3

6 weeks later I was riding JaxWife's Honda Metropolitan at the beach.. Photos to follow.

8 months later I was pulling into a campground outside Grants NM.

This is all that happened to the bike..I had owned it for 4 days and already started the JackIzing....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  11. Pomo

Pomo gonzo

Oddometer:
    Dunkle Hollow, right? The first time I rode that area I came in the back way through Moyer's Gap for my first "unofficial" Cat Herders gathering. Coming down the hill into DH in fading light on the 800 was definitely a, um, highlight of the trip. :lol3
  12. WayneJ

WayneJ What?

Oddometer:
    Here ya go. :D
    [​IMG]

We went straight to Mickey D's after leaving the ER. Jack needed a fish sammy fix. :D

While headed south on US-220 towards Franklin, I asked him if he was OK and said I hoped no deer jumped out in front of us(it was around midnight by this time). He said he was fine and was glad I was missing all the other shit that was jumping out in front of us. He was feeling no pain. :lol3
  13. Sasquatch2112

Sasquatch2112 Old Angry White Guy (OAWG)

Oddometer:
    I have that same arm brace, cept mine has a white racing stripe that goes over the shoulder. :lol3

Oh, and mine is left handed! :wink:
  14. JaxObsessed

Oddometer:
    Yes.. Dunkle Hollow.
    Sounds like you had quite a ride.
    We hit a Jeep event on Dunkle during BWDR12, and ended up riding Smokehole again... :D Me, Banshee and Hack Powned that sucker.

I had understandably forgotten the thingies that kept jumping out from the bushes. :lol3
    I'm still in your debt Sir. :deal

LOL.... :lol3
    Racing stripe and left handed aye....:rofl:rofl:rofl
    Had to think about that one for a moment. :lol3

I'm hating it for you my friend.
  15. LadyDraco

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

So is that one of them De n00bing dresses ... :lol3

That last group of pic.. Ah been on them roads so many times..
    But all before ya'll started riding em...:huh
  16. JaxObsessed

Oddometer:
    Denoobed I have been ...:lol3
    In my defense... those are leather pants I'm wearing. :lol3:lol3:lol3:lol3
  17. VACommuter

VACommuter Long timer

Oddometer:
    Me: I'm here to pick up Jack.

Nurse: Jack who?

Me: Obsessed?:huh

VAC
  18. LadyDraco

Oddometer:
    Sure what ever you say..
    Yeah right leather pants ..
    You keep telling yourself that...:lol3 :loco
  19. Pomo

Pomo gonzo

Oddometer:
    :rofl

I have had to call people by phone that I only knew internet aliases of. Makes for interesting conversation when somebody else picks up.

"Yeah hi. Is Don Quixote there?"
  20. JaxObsessed

Oddometer:
    OH the motorcycle guy>

I laughed so hard when you came in the room and told me that. Still makes me laugh. :thumb
    I am still in your debt Sir.

I'm thinking about hacks.... :deal Just for fun. I'll pick your brain a bit next weekend.

I didn't have any other pants with me so I wore those suckers the whole time I was in the ER.
    I was wearing the smock because they wouldn't let me put my t shirt back on,,:rofl:rofl

Is that Sancho? Where's Rocinante?