Insert clever airhead based title here ....

Discussion in 'Airheads' started by planktonnn, Aug 25, 2009.

?

I have been to the county of Fuckshire, it was ...

1. Nice?

43 vote(s)
    14.7%
  2. Nasty?

51 vote(s)
    17.4%
  3. Nasty but nice?

205 vote(s)
    70.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. planktonnn

planktonnn .also, i am a tw@rt

Oddometer:
  2. planktonnn

Oddometer:
  3. planktonnn

Oddometer:
  4. planktonnn

Oddometer:
  5. planktonnn

Oddometer:
    Just a little reminder to all you 'Dedicated Followers of Fascism' who've been crowing around the internot about it being St Georges day today/Britain for the British etc. - Most historical sources agree the figure we identify as St George was born in Palestine to Greek parents & served in the Roman army under the emperor Diocletion...

What you gonna do? Go right back to an Ice age where the mass of water was tied up in the ice caps and there was a land bridge where we now have the English Channel, and only those with DNA linking directly back to the original Hominid settlers of this shitty little land can have the right to call them selves 'British'?

I believe the colloquial phrase is 'For Fucks Sake' :1drink

I should add that fair & informed pride is not to be disallowed, but it must have context...
  6. planktonnn

Oddometer:
    It's just the way it is...

[​IMG]
    I'm sorry, I really have had enough, and I just have to say it out loud, tho/ough as I'll be typing it all in one go it may not be entirely coherent, but if you work for it you might get a hint of the picture I'm trying to draw for myself as much as for you. Just try & go with me on this one… It may not scan or make grammatical or sequential sense because I’m just going to type it as it comes out with (almost) no proofing, and a lot of it will be simplistic & obvious. But then maybe that’s the way things are, and I’m just going to vomit it out -

Two and a half centuries ago, before the Land Inclosure Acts we the peeple of the Former United Commonwealth Kingdoms had more rights that we do today. Prior to the mass clearance of plebs from the land into the cities the establishment of the idea of working your whole life just to have a roof over your head was anathema. Under the Open Field System and associated common & customary rights communities generally operated in a co-operative system, deciding together when to plough, when to let animals onto the land, when to rotate crops or lay land fallow etc. And because a family might work land in several locations around the village farm houses tended to be gathered in the village itself rather than spread out on isolated single farms run by Lords, and overall the community lived & worked together in an interdependent way - working 3 or 4 hours of work a day (except at harvest or sowing or lambing times etc.), in a successful & satisfactory form of subsistence farming. Surplus product was exchanged with neighbours for services e.g. with a Miller or Smithy or Medic/Apothecary, and where rent was paid it was paid in a similar manner, via the exchange of produce. After Land Inclosure rent was usually demanded in the form of cash, and farm houses were relocated to the plots of land, further breaking up communities and putting power in the grasping fists of the Gentry. Communal decision making was destroyed and the power fell into the hands of the grandees. Granted, life expectancy was lower due to a failure to understand the cause of disease* i.e. don’t shit in the drinking water or ye will gette ye cholera etc., but were we happier?

The systematic destruction of the interdependence of the common people was no accident. This shutting off of common land and the removal of customary rights was no accident. It was, to my mind, done to destroy the power of the plebs. If one were to think of the primary consumable of a household 500 years ago it was likely to be fuel, and the customary rights to gather wood from common land covered this one, so beyond the gathering time, would one have had to work 8+ hours a day 5 days a week just to live. I don’t think so. Partly this of course depends on ones impression of what one needs to live. What is the difference between what we need & what we want? The industrial revolution saw the introduction of the 8 Hrs Work, 8 Hrs play, 8 Hrs sleep system – the introduction of the 8 hour working day, which we are in a sense taught is how it has always been, but you know damn well it ain’'t. Should we see it as just another method of not so invisible enslavement? I think so. The purposeful distortion of housing costs to the point where it takes two people two whole lifetimes of work just to secure somewhere to live. The Town & Country Planning Act & the restriction of a persons ability to build their own home. I’m not suggesting we all live in a Soweto or Favela with inadequate sanitary provision, but do we really have to live in what for all intents and purposes is slavery by another name?

I was taught in junior school that a god was watching (in which case he was watching while I was raped by my half brother?) and that I was granted rights under Magna Carta. No one mentioned that this whole thing really only applied to the Barons, and if anything extended their powers over the common people. And this doesn'’t even begin to cover the atrocities committed in the name of empire for millennia. Now this is a strange one, because it’s easy to get stuck in (comparatively) recent history & view Empire and its crimes as a Eurocentric/Western issue, but let’s not forget that humankind has always sought to conquer & oppress whatever the race, what ever the nation, whatever the winner or loser. We have lived in the shadow of a period of Western domination, but it doesn'’t take a lot of digging to see that peoples of all ethnicities have sought to overcome & direct their neighbours or ‘inferiors’ since time immemorial. In the Mesopotamian Empire, The Greek Empire, The Roman & Byzantine Empires, Sassanid Empire –in power structures all over the world one group has crushed another. It’s Human nature isn’'t it?

And so we live thru/ough an era where rights hard won thru/ough the deaths of well over 100 million people in a century of mechanised warfare are being stripped from us. When the mass population demobbed and saw that together it was strong and would no longer doff its cap to the inbred fuckwit in the manor house we had to be given a few things to shut us up. The social improvements of the Victorian era were garnered from the rape of distant conquered peoples, and in any case were only granted because the gentry were forced to see poverty as they travelled to their estates on new rail lines cast thru/ough the slums. But just as the young now don’t understand their elders recent up-welling of vitriol at the death of M. Thatcher (Mrs), then current generations also forget why we were given the ‘gifts’ of universal healthcare; of a safety net for those suffering from the variations in employment availability caused by the Monopoly Money Machinations of the Bilderberg Group of the Davos Conferences or other such cabals of the power hungry hyenas; of universal suffrage & the vote**. Let us not forget that the Great War was for all intents & purposes a spat between 3 cousins (The King, The Kaiser & The Tzar) for which a whole generation was decimated, continuing into the 2nd great war. Let’s not forget that even today war makes money and this is why it continues. Let’s not forget that we are not free, but that we just let them get on with it as long as we get Horse burgers & Cable TV… And who do we blame? Most of the proletariat I come into contact with are easily persuaded into blaming each other, or the benefits scroungers***, or immigrants****, or someone other than those actually at fault. Can any of you actually give me a cogent argument as to the source of the current financial ‘reset’?

So what can we do about it? Fuck all. A brief scan of history shows that no true popular revolution (excluding coups & power grabs) has ever succeeded without the trigger of the collapse of the food supply. Additionally, successful revolution requires the existence of a standing proletarian army. The 1905 Russian revolution failed for a number of reasons, but one was the lack of a peoples army. The October revolution succeeded primarily because the people were already gathered together & armed in order to wage the Russian end of the 1st World War , tho/ough this of course was eventually hijacked by Stalin et al. Most people are prepared to be pushed around to hell & back before they break, but as soon as the food supply collapses the game is on. But even taking this into account, it seems the majority are happily prepared to take all the shit that’s doled out to them just for the sake of being left alone, and so the status quo stands. Even if political nirvana were reached, I can’t help but think that stoopid humanity would ruin it within minutes…

Can we escape? Not really. There is an illusion that one can buy ones way out of the slavery, thru/ough buy to let empires, or the lottery, or thru/ough those great working class escapes of sport or the entertainment industry or some other ejector seat. Is it true to say that the in built implication of the availability of the ‘American Dream' is that if you don’t make it then it’s your fault? But even if we were able to escape, where is there left to go? In centuries past one could chase the Calvinist dream & steal the lands of the First Peoples of the USA, or you could swarm to South America or Australia or Africa & wipe out or enslave the indigenous populations. But now there is nowhere left to go. Nowhere left that isn’'t in some way under control & restricted. Can we emigrate across the stars to escape control into fulfilling freedom?, well not for a couple of centuries at least, and even then only the 'best' will be allowed passage, along with those to serve them…

So don’t look to me for answers. I’m all out. I can’t see a way forward, I can’t see a solution. All I have is simplistic rambling that raises more questions than it answers. I can only sit here & wait for deaths release. But then maybe I won’t wait.

* Are not most religions simply handbooks to healthier living e.g. Don’t each that, it makes you ill, don’t steal or you’ll get your ass beat etc., and who even knows how to covet an Ox?

** Let’s not forget that the Greek democracy on which we are told our society is based was available to perhaps 200 men?; and that centuries later it is said half of those who died in the First World War didn’t' have the vote; and that it took until 1928 for Women to be given the vote; and that equality is reserved for those few in the first world who have been given it to shut them up; and most of all let’s not forget that if ‘democracy’ worked it wouldn’'t be allowed.

*** Info I see tells me around 50% of the benefits bill goes on Old Age Pensions.

**** We’re all bloody immigrants, and Daily mail style scare stories massively distort the numbers & percentages of incomers, and blow up isolated cases to incite hate to divide us…
  7. planktonnn

Oddometer:
  8. Lornce

Lornce Lost In Place Supporter

Oddometer:
    'ang in there, Planktonnn, me aulde china.

:thumb
  9. planktonnn

Oddometer:
    As ever, the reply is Lottery or Lobotomy, there's little inbetween :wink:
  10. Lornce

Oddometer:
    As you prove otherwise every day.

:freaky
  11. planktonnn

Oddometer:
    Ah, but I think we can agree that's because I am quite firmly stuck in the little that is in between, just sitting here waiting :1drinkSooner or later it's got to be Lottery or Lobotomy. My bet is on the latter, even if it were delivered via a handy head injury...
  12. Lornce

Oddometer:
    Very cryptic.

:patch
  13. planktonnn

Oddometer:

[​IMG]

14. planktonnn

Oddometer:
    I can't help but think I need to dig out my starter & starter ring & give it a bit of lubricative attention, as well as the starter ring...

[​IMG]
    http://penforhire.wordpress.com/category/airhead/page/2/

I also need to empty the tank & check the internal filter stacks. I don't have filters in the carb pipes, but the pet-tap-cocks have filters in the bottom of them. I can't recall what I did with the stacks. I think they're in there & in reasonable condition, but they could do with a check & a clean...

All depends on the weather tomorrow/today by now.
  15. planktonnn

Oddometer:

16. planktonnn

Oddometer:

[​IMG]
    (C) originator

[​IMG]
    (C) originator

[​IMG]
    (C) originator

17. planktonnn

Oddometer:

[​IMG]
    (C) originator

18. planktonnn

Oddometer:
  19. rightsideup

rightsideup Get your motor running...

Oddometer:
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/G2b0bzUYq8Y?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  20. planktonnn

Oddometer:
    Here in the delightful local province of which I am often wont to refer to as Fuckingemshite, today we have all the fun & honour that is elections for the Cunty Cuncil. Something in the region of 47 odd* Cuncillors try to exert some form of rule over a gross annual budget in the region of £849 million and if my past researches in the name of a funding application fall back into my mind with any form & accuracy they cover an area of around 640 square miles. There are 14,000 staff and a resiential population of around 505,000. Recent rezoning of electoral boundaries has reduced the number of Cuncillors from something around 57, so on this occasion of ceremonial X giving new lumps of this dump of a town & its environs have been clumped together into new wards, meaning there&#8217;s the vague theoretical potential for new outcomes to arise, rather than the same old asses in the same old seats. There will not be a change in the quality of asses involved, but there is a very slightly increased potential for the faces connected to those asses to be very slightly different, tho/ough probably not.

Somewhere amongst the usual conglomerates of well-meaning and/or comparatively twisted inbreds a new party is fielding a number of candidates across the area, some of whom have been out busily promoting their attempts to sort local &#8216;Grot Spots&#8217; and hoisting purple banners to let us know who dunnit. I don&#8217;t have knowledge of their specific policies, as is the same with all the other parties/independent candidates, for I am no lover of wading thru/ough any mass of slightly variant flavoured blancmanges with the occasional chilli thrown in. But some find themselves able to describe this parties identity as a mixture of Cuntryside Alliance Plus with EDL Lite?

The leader of UKIP in a previous election stunt...

I take no solace from any candidates standpoints. No. My personal preference would be for the provision of a &#8216;No Control&#8217; option, whereby all eligable voters were bound by an Australian stylee legal obligation to cast a vote, but there should be a 'No Control' option, what I might most easily describe as a &#8216;None of the Above&#8217; box. Where this option were selected a concomitant percentage of posts on any Cuncil formed by the election would remain empty, and a comparable percentage of decisions under the purview of the elected authority would be disbarred from being made. Ok, so I&#8217;m forming this &#8216;Federation Of Indecision&#8217; off the top of my head so it&#8217;s got self-evident holes in it, but then it seems that most individuals standing for election (or parties they are allied to) go thru/ough the same unrigorous level of policy making anyway? So, let&#8217;s pretend that as a political system it&#8217;s a goer, how might it effect this never changing world in which we live in? At the very least the reduction of political interference with random events may lead to some things ending up better delivered without the meddling - a natural average of unfettered random outcomes may trump currently 'organised' methods.

Now, as an aside both PJCR14-18war and myself have spent lots of hours taking apart/prodding &#8217;69 to '86 airheads whilst mulling over matters of an apolitical political nature, oft referring to the document &#8216;The Ancient Hippies Guide to Being Alive&#8217; (Introduction by SERGE le BLANC, that sage who Pjcr100milliondeadinacenturyofmechanisedwarfare knows far better than I**), and I guess that to sum up a flavour of our general conclusions in a bitesize-newschunkification it might be easiest to conclude that were voting in the current depiction of political optionage to have the potential to bring about any real change then it would quite patently be made instantly illegal. 'They' mostly act to stop things happening, and whatever good that comes off is usually something that has fallen thru/ough the gaps between the blockages so removal of their disalowance from intervention or involvement may indeed lead to an improved state of affairs.

Pjcr 47nil and I have both operated in a number of settings working for elected authorities, and tho/ough I suspect I may speak for shared minds, I for one am quite clear that even beyond the &#8216;Xfiles-style-smoky-room-cabals-that-really-run-things&#8217; sort of end of things, any snippets of &#8216;power&#8217; there might be left amongst the general incompetence that we see as 'The Administration' resides with The Officers. They, as has been the case for eons immeasurable, are the self interested gate-keepers over the wielding of the remnants of that illusion of the loose-end of the miniature leftovers of &#8216;power or influence&#8217;, that little which has not already been wrestled from us, or given away thru/ough ignorance & innocence.

I have before referred to the writings of Ibn Khaldun &#8211; sometimes seen as a sort of 14<sup>th</sup> Century precursor of the 16<sup>th</sup> Century Niccolò di Bernardo dei Machiavelli & known particularly for the Muqaddimah (often titled Prolegomena in English and shown here) - a prototypical variant of Il Principe. These and other olden sources you&#8217;ll have to dig out from the mud of His-tory*** for your own damn self can perhaps be read to show that since the inauguration of The Civil Service in pre Zoroastrian times, then we The Peeple have had precious little to say in the way things are**** Diversity of gender & race may now have made the false impression of a showing amongst our elected representatives & their functionaries, but whatever the ethnic or cultural background of the Modern Administrative Hierarchy there can be no diversity of thought - Come from whichever turgid gene pool, be built of whichever grand cultural background that nurtured/neutered you: One must be the same as them & theirs or the glass ceiling of Uniformity Of Thought resolutely bars your way. And so they the Administrators of our slavery, in my experience, are predominantly motivated by their realisation that if they don&#8217;t rape the accounts, mishandle the kids***** or deviate from written policy they are pretty much irremovable. They come to an understanding that if they appear to achieve one or two unscandalous things a year, and be sure to keep their heads beneath the parapet then they&#8217;re untouchable. Local Authorities & their inhabitants have a very clear understanding of the Second Chinese Curse, which I understand to be &#8216;May you not come to the attention of those in authority&#8217;****** Increasingly we see Cuncils ceasing to be direct service providers and a substantial increase in Cuncil officers on £100k+ managing external contractors in the delivery of services. There's lots of money to be made and when something goes wrong it's nobodies fault in Cunty Hall, no heads roll, and everyone keeps their final salary pension or Members Expenses. Arms length accountability, and the constant erosion of the rights ramblingly referred to in Post 3986.

If one were to accept the &#8216;Rift Valley Exodus&#8217; proposition, then Humanzee history has been little but an endless chain of &#8216;These people hereabout are cunts, let&#8217;s fuck off over that hill&#8217; events until these new burgeoning societies had nowhere left to escape but to the frozen tundra (see vid explaining tundra below), and these remote movers who repeated the 'over that hill' thing above until they had nowhere to be but the ice & snow were prepared to absorb the privations of these lands just to get away from those other fukkas. You've got to have some respect for that level of dedication to escape ones fellow (twatty) man, but now there is nowhere left to go.

<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/9IjGNJPNyzU" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="480" width="640"></iframe>
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IjGNJPNyzU

I've previously touched on outer space, and the reported ticket price of the planned outcomes of the recent Virgin Galactic test flight seem to confirm that it's out of reach of my sorry pocket and will remain so for some centuries to come. Unless one of you would like or knows someone who would like to adopt me or write me off as a tax loss?

[​IMG]

One can talk of the idea of emigrating into inner space, one can seek the internal ascetic life, but tainted as we are by the social programming of our upbringing & education can we really ever be free of their version of the world? In conclusion I have no answers. I never promised any. I&#8217;m sold as seen. But I could maybe put forward my own observation on myself, that reading/knowing lots doesn&#8217;t really mean knowing what any of it means, for as I recently heard******* &#8216;The Barking don&#8217;t know how little they know, While the half-bright know enough to think that they know a lot, but don&#8217;t enough to know what part of what they know is actually worth knowing&#8217;. Or if that is too much of a conceit for your taste, think of it this way - I can only say that we don&#8217;t need to check a weathervane, we both know what tomorrow brings.

In actual conclusion, in the words of the Ancient Hippy &#8211; &#8216;&#8230;the single most important point I want to get across is that, to all intents and purposes, the world is fucked. Yes, that&#8217;s right fucked&#8217;

* Having worked for the Cunty Cuncil, and had the dubious pleasure of being 2004 Employee of the year I've met most of the previous incumbents, and I can tell you 'odd' is indeed the word.
    See pics at bottom of me getting awarded, me the Saturday after, and me now...
    ** I was sad to note that the writing in question seems to be no longer hosted at it&#8217;s previous net abode. Whilst this is the prerogative of the publisher I would hope that copies were made available thru/ough another source, may I suggest one to one retail arrangements at £247.28 per copy (+VAT & other regional taxes). &#8216;Carriage&#8217; charges should be hefty however, as I would recommend a £752.72 charge for personal collection. No delivery option should be available.
    *** © Gil Scott Heron

<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/tJEbh3DxLEU" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="480" width="640"></iframe>

**** If indeed we ever did before civilisation enslaved us?
    ***** Not even in the &#8216;70s.
    ****** Ref @ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/May_you_live_in_interesting_times
    ******* http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/radio4/pov/pov_20130412-2100a.mp3 Rightclick save as or if that&#8217;s region restricted try &#8216;Science, Magic & Madness&#8217; 12<sup>th</sup> April @ http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/radio4/pov/rss.xml

Ref * above