Cleveland National Forest Report

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest & whatever' started by Mike Mike Motorbike, Aug 19, 2007.

1. JeffS77

JeffS77 cheap bastard

Oddometer:
    cool no prob i'll let you know..may actually be this saturday..not sure yet..but i'll warn you i have been riding like a wuss since i broke my shoulder :D i dont think i got the bike out of 2nd gear more then 4-5 times on sat:cry i need to grow my balls back.
  2. foxgguy2001

foxgguy2001 Cake

Oddometer:
    ya well, you're in good company... something on the NX just isn't right, so I've been riding easy, because somethings wrong, and because I've been outta the saddle for 6 months.

on a happy note, by the end o the month I'll have a new (07) KTM 990 to ride :evil
  3. JeffS77

JeffS77 cheap bastard

Oddometer:
    if for what ever reason you decide to sell that NX LET ME KNOW.....i dig em
  4. Ace100

Ace100 Monkeywrencher

Oddometer:
    My dad and I will be riding Skyline to Bedford tomorrow (Thursday) from around 9:00 am to about 1:00 pm. I called the Trabuco ranger's station yesterday and the guy who answered said North Main Divide is open all the way down to Ortega. We'll seeeee....

If you see two, slow guys on KLRs, that would be us.
  5. ffr2370

ffr2370 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  6. JeffS77

JeffS77 cheap bastard

Oddometer:
    looked like it was locked south from 4 corners last sunday
  7. foxgguy2001

foxgguy2001 Cake

Oddometer:
    Actually, I plan on getting rid of it as soon as I get the KTM... gonna need more tools, heh.
  8. Ace100

Ace100 Monkeywrencher

Oddometer:
  9. foxgguy2001

foxgguy2001 Cake

Oddometer:
  10. corybaby

corybaby weekend adventurer

Oddometer:
    You actually have to go to riverside city hall to get a key, hes right its a 100$ deposit and when your finished (get it back)or want to renew in 1 year you have to go back and use the same money..........ive never been able to figure out how that lock works, but since im carrying the key and im on my bike.....:wink: .....uh.....there are options.....
    "heres my key mr ranger"

So your sayin the gate to the peak IS open?
  11. Ace100

Ace100 Monkeywrencher

Oddometer:
    The gates I went through yesterday were at the bottom of Bedford and Main Divide, south of Maple Springs. Both were open. There was just a bit of mud from run-off and a handful of snow patches near the top.
  12. groop

groop So much to ponder

Oddometer:
    We did the same ride as Ace on Sunday. Down through Bedford to Corona to Elsinore, up Ortega...only to find a locked gate. Found some guys chipping trees and they told us the gates have yet to be opened this year. We had to backtrack.

I agree with Ace that the Bedford route isn't well marked and there are signs all over that state it is private property, but it's clearly a public access road to the trails. I'd for one like to someone to advise when the other gates are open. Maybe this weekend:evil ??
  13. levity

levity nano-Adventurer

Oddometer:
    mrs-levity and I rode up Maple Springs out to Skyline

[​IMG]

hillsides are gettin' green

[​IMG]

soccer, anyone?

[​IMG]

:ricky
  14. RandyM

RandyM Less talk, More ride

Oddometer:
    Today, I rode up maple springs road, intending to cross over to Ortega if the gates were open. The gate going up to the peaks was open. Found some snow on the other side of the peaks. There was not much.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I wanted to go out via Ortega, but I found that main divide is closed at the Indian Truck Trail Junction. Indian Truck trail is closed too. Dropped my bike trying to turn around and it flooded. It took about 20 minutes to get going again. As I was about to leave a forrestry employee or maybe a volunteer came from the closed side and said that Indian was closed, main divide was closed to Ortega, and that the part I was on was supposed to be closed too, but somebody probably left the gate open. Anyways I went back out through Maple Springs road and went home.
  15. xDownSetx

xDownSetx Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Foxgguy, JeffS, and I went up skyline today. All the gates were open. After being off the dirt for 6 months it felt good to get back on and get some confidence back.

I was doing great until a fellow rider and I decided to take the same apex on a turn and had a nice scare.

He stopped in time but I found my way to a huge rut, I don't recall what I did but maybe if he's a member here he can recall what I did. Either way the crashbars did their job and the bike was without a scratch and we were on our merry way.
    [​IMG]
    I'm sure Fox will post up some pics when he gets a chance.
  16. JeffS77

JeffS77 cheap bastard

Oddometer:
    DownSet i got to say you handle that beast of a bike pretty good. that thing scoots along a lot faster then i thought a Wee would.
    What a ride today it was entertaining and fun. i hope FoxGuy gets his pics up. next time you guys are heading up there for a ride let me know we can meet up at at skyline and head to silverado or even down to ortega (if it is open) for lunch and head back..should be a good full day in the saddle....i know i need more time on my bike as i am sure FoxGuy does to. i had a few oh shit moments today and i wasnt even going fast.
  17. xDownSetx

Oddometer:
    Thanks man, the Wee is'nt as bad as some people think. Tho if you get the NX, and Fox on his 990, I dont think I will be in front much longer:ricky.

That sounds great dude, I'm sure Fox will be down for that. He should have the 990 by then.
  18. JeffS77

JeffS77 cheap bastard

Oddometer:
    uh scary to think of that guy on a 990 :lol3 j/k
  19. xDownSetx

Oddometer:
    :lol3 :lol3 :lol3 I'll be sure to remind him to get a set of crashbars added in the final cost.
  20. foxgguy2001

foxgguy2001 Cake

Oddometer:
    It's no suprised that after today I'm a bit worried too... though in retrospect I really have got to invest in the right tires. Pics will be up when I get home tomarrow :rofl