Schuberth Helmets for ADVRiders

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by BoochZilla, Nov 2, 2010.

1. HoBeau

HoBeau around the bend

Oddometer:
    I can offer an opinion on the c2 - my high Viz C3 is said to be shipping first of April, or is that last of April? :lol3

I used the pop forward vent only during low speed commuting.

I found ventilation at speed plenty good with screen fully closed - those are ATL temps, gets hot here:thumb

I look at the pop forward as lagniappe. This is bonus action in between full lift of shield. Hope the c3 has it too.:1drink
  2. GHanson

GHanson Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  3. Sir Dave

Sir Dave Big Dave

Oddometer:
    Ordered my 2XL HiViz from Revzilla, tracking # says it will be here tomorrow. I am a big guy with an 18 inch neck, praying the helmet fits. Ordered the C3 also. If the helmet fits I hope to be able to add to the reviews and questions posted herein.
    I have been riding with the same group of guys for the past 12 years or so. We typically take at least one week long trip a year together so I am a bit concerned about the daily battery life of the C3.
    In the past we all rode Wings, with everyone tethered to the bike. Now we all have bought GS/GSA with the gps and music focus being Bluetooth and getting away from being wired to the bike. While it is VERY cool and not being wired to the bike....especially when off road and the constant sitting to standing and back is really nice too it has created a problem with bike to bike communication.
    Only after purchasing the C3 did I learn the unit will supposedly ONLY communicate with other units from the same manu. I had hoped that since I was told it communicates via bluetooth it would communicate with any other bluetooth capable unit....but apparently this is not the case.
    If any of you have experience with the communication function of the C3 I would sure be interested in your comments.
    Wish me a good fit....
    Ride Safe
    Dave
  4. BoochZilla

BoochZilla Metal.Moto.Mania.

Oddometer:
    You have to love customs and international bulk shipping.

This has been frustrating for us as well.

Chris is offering conservative estimates based on what we have seen so far.

Anthony

5. fudgypup

fudgypup Banned

Oddometer:
    Picked up a C3 in the new matte black at Long Beach BMW and like it so far. The tinted visor action isn't always smooth; it tends to get hung up a bit and requires a bit of persuasion. May have to get that looked at.
  6. keithmckenney

keithmckenney Adventure riding for fun and adventure

Oddometer:
    Rockville Maryland and Hollywood Maryland
    Just fitted a scala rider g4 unit from an older Arai to a new C3 and seems to work fine in communication with other G4 units.

Schuberth makes a real cool communication collar with the G4 built in but it is a bit pricey compared to the G4 as a stand alone or add on. If you have the $$ go with the collar. If you have a G4 in hand and are considering a Schuberth C3, it will work fine.
  7. roadchick

roadchick Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Anthony,

Thinking seriously about the womens c3w, just trying to decide on the G4 system from Schuberth or not. The people we ride with most often have the G4's, so I know I want the scala also. Are there any advantages to buying the schuberth G4? I know it's a lot more money for the Schuberth system. thanks
  8. roadchick

Oddometer:
    One more question Anthony, I know you sell the Nolan n90 modular also. How does it compare to the Schuberth C3w besides the cost?
  9. roadchick

Oddometer:
    Ok...I know I said one more question, but I went to your online site and wanted to see if you had a black small, in stock, but you have none in black at this time. Will black in the C3w ever be available? Thanks in advance, Melanie
  10. BoochZilla

Oddometer:
    The n90 is a solid mid range modular with bang for the buck being the focused. The C3 is very much the corollary to it, Schuberth designed to a spec with the notion of solving problems it saw in the marketplace - they figured out the cost second - which is similar to what Arai does.

Take a peek at our Nolan n90 Video

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/A442KHN_Wvc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/A442KHN_Wvc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

Thanks,

Anthony

11. Boondox

Boondox Travels With Barley

Oddometer:
    Anthony -- Any word on an ETA for the XL hi-viz C3? This is the time of year I could really use the extra conspicuity. The snow is retreating but the skiers are still speeding along the roads hoping to catch those precious few last runs. And folks back here aren't used to seeing motorcycles on the road -- the chromosexuals won't be out till June -- so I need all the help being noticed I can muster.

If it looks like the ETA is going to be another few weeks what are the odds of switching my order to white XL?

Pete
  12. BoochZilla

Oddometer:
    Hey Boondox... hang tight. It is sounding like "soon".

My gut is do not switch. It will be ok. Although I will note this has been an unfortunate fiasco in timing the landing of these things.

Anthony

13. RocketMoto

RocketMoto 2 Many Motersikles

Oddometer:
    Received notification that the C3 Hi-Viz was in stock. Ordered an XL immediately. A week + not a peep. Status says 'sent to warehouse', for a week, now. Must be a long walk. :huh

And people whine if we take two days to ship an order? Geesh...
  14. GHanson

GHanson Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Anthony should be horsewhipped for getting our hopes up! I wonder where my wife put my horsewhip?:rofl
  15. HoBeau

HoBeau around the bend

Oddometer:
    Booch? :clap
  16. BoochZilla

Oddometer:
    I know they are in the states. Schuberth released them into their inventory feed as shippable and in their warehouse. That is why our notifications went out. Hoping that means they actively start leaving their warehouse without delay.

If they are not someone is getting stabbed. I am sure Schuberth has not been delayed on purpose, but this has been really tough for us in the middle as it's been shooting at a moving target for some time with last minute delays.

Some folks may have seen we included the C3 HV in our new product video from last month and even email blasted about it.

Soon gentlemen, soon. I will take it on the chin that expectations were not managed as conservatively as they normally are.

Please.. no... horsewhipping.. :D

Best,

Anthony

17. GB

GB . Administrator Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    I know how busy you must be, and thanks for keeping in touch with your customers through the forum.. I'm in for a C3 in hiviz Large, if you can set one aside for me.. :D
  18. GHanson

GHanson Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Jeez! First, the C3 Hi-viz; now I find out horsewhips are on back-order.:cry
  19. Boondox

Boondox Travels With Barley

Oddometer:
    Double ouch here. Not only is my XL HV delayed, but the ZillaBucks earned from the purchase aren't available till it actually ships! I would have found some small comfort in being able to wear the bluetooth collar around the house even without a helmet... :cry
  20. HoBeau

HoBeau around the bend

Oddometer:
    Lg High Viz with logistics :clap

Thank you for shopping at RevZilla. Your order has shipped!