Nascar 2013

Discussion in 'Racing' started by RedRocket, Nov 29, 2012.

1. wxwax

wxwax Excited Member

Oddometer:
    :rofl
  2. Rick West

Rick West Function not Farkles

Oddometer:
    Yes sir, she is heading in the only direction she can go with her lack of talent.

Dropped another 8 places to 30th overall with her latest finish of 33rd. 6 laps down in a premium ride like that should show even the biggest fools that she isn't good enough to race at this level.

Maybe NASCAR can do something like throw a yellow flag every time she is about to be lapped to keep her on the lead lap. :lol3
  3. larryboy

larryboy Just obey!

Oddometer:

Looked pretty racy on the highlights shows. :thumb
  4. pbarmy

pbarmy Long timer

Oddometer:
    :ddog:pot:fpalmI caught hell for bad mouthin her!:lol3:nod
  5. Motorcyclist

Motorcyclist Drag a Bag!

Oddometer:
    When you consider that Sam Hornish is just now consistently contending in the Nationwide Series (been in NASCAR 5 years IIRC, after having spent several unproductive years in Sprint Cup action) it is not surprising that she has struggled. And Sam was a three time IndyCar Series champion.

I hope she does well, and she certainly brings the publicity, as evidenced by us posting about it here. She is definitely a talented driver, just to be able to run a car at those speeds, but she is in excellent equipment and needs perform better than being multiple laps down at the routine tracks.

Still a rookie though, and hopefully she can race to the top of the learning curve.
  6. PeteN95

PeteN95 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Well, she's doing better than her teammate Newman (31st) and her boss Tony is only 18th!?! :deal
  7. wxwax

wxwax Excited Member

Oddometer:
    To pat myself on the back. (:lol3) I predicted a drop-off after Daytona. She definitely likes that track and in Nationwide she often struggled elsewhere.

I think your post and PeteN95's are common-sense. I doubt she'll ever be great but she's doing OK, all things considered.

What gets lost, perhaps deliberately, in the vitriol aimed at Patrick is two things.

1/ She has accomplished things no other woman has in motor sports. Yes, there were notable, admirable women before her. Nobody says there weren't. But when she took the lead at Indy it was a moment in history. And it wasn't a fluke, she runs well there.

2/ The haters say she gets more publicity than her results demand. To that we must ask: which results? You may be looking at the wrong ones. The media is a business. They will cover things that are of interest to their customers. For six years, fans voted Danica Patrick their most popular driver in Indy Car. Last year, fans voted Danica Patrick their favorite driver in Nationwide.

With results like that, if she didn't get media attention editors would get fired.

If you think Patrick gets too much ink and airtime, blame the tens of thousands of fans who follow her. That standing ovation she got when she took the lead at Daytona last year in Nationwide wasn't a fluke. They like her, they really like her. :lol3
  8. r_bin

r_bin Long timer

Oddometer:
    In other news, Travis Pastrana looked decent Saturday with a 10 tenth place Nationwide finish. It isn't an easy track, even with a Roush car.
  9. pbarmy

pbarmy Long timer

Oddometer:
    Well you'll never hear that on any NASCAR show.:ddog
  10. dtysdalx2

dtysdalx2 The only easy day was yesterday...

Oddometer:
    I thought I heard TP was in one of those cars. Hope he kicks all their asses.
  11. larryboy

larryboy Just obey!

Oddometer:

Did you see Sam talking about his own progress on one of those shows? He was saying that he came in with a three year plan for success and has been hard on himself, but that wasn't realistic and he should have had a five year plan before he started beating himself up. Kinda said that after five years he feels competetive and like he knows what he's doing now.

I think they screwed up on Danica's ten races in Cup last year, they should have put her on ten 1.5 mile tracks...master a 1.5 mile track and you're a winner. It's gonna be a tough year, hopefully she doesn't break down and cry in front of the camera.
  12. PeteN95

PeteN95 Long timer

Oddometer:
    +1 And it's not just a Roush car, it's the # 60! I think that car has won more NNS races than any other? :clap
  13. Motorcyclist

Motorcyclist Drag a Bag!

Oddometer:
    I agree. That would have given her the best odds to get used to a particularly common type of track and potentially get a base set up.
  14. Rick West

Rick West Function not Farkles

Oddometer:
    With her history of throwing hissy fits I would think it's only a few more bad finishes and we can watch her have a nice break down.....on camera of course:2cry
  15. MotoMike

MotoMike Washed Up Desert Racer For The 2nd Time

Oddometer:
    She's really cute when she's mad:wink:
  16. Pantah

Pantah Jiggy Dog Fan Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yep, me too. Love it when he is the underdog! He might even have some talent for this type of motor racing.
  17. dtysdalx2

dtysdalx2 The only easy day was yesterday...

Oddometer:
  18. RedRocket

RedRocket Yeah! I want Cheesy Poofs

Oddometer:
    Um, he is a 4 or 5 time US National champ.
    He hasn't had the best first season in Global Rallycross, but injury had a lot to do with it.
  19. Yossarian™

Yossarian™ Deputy Cultural Attaché

Oddometer:
    Let me know when they bring Jocko Flocko back to NASCAR.

Then, I'll be ready to watch.
  20. exoff-roadgoat

exoff-roadgoat Will ride for food

Oddometer:
    I'm a big TP fan but don't see success for him in stock cars. Starting too late. How about sprint cars? Outlaws? Yea baby!......I loved it when he did a flip at Daytona....He rocks........Danica will NEVER cry.:nono She's tougher than nails with bigger balls than most boys.:eek1