MotoGP: Down Under (Spoilers, Mite!)

Discussion in 'Racing' started by yooperbikemike, Oct 22, 2012.

1. K0m4

K0m4 Long timer

Oddometer:
    This.

You seem to have nothing to say, and yet you post. Even stranger.
  2. advNZer?

advNZer? Long timer

Oddometer:
    i am not saying that Casey Stoner is the greatest ever.All I am saying he is ONE of the greatest(maybe fastest is a better word to use) ever.Race wins,poles,fastest laps are high proportion of his total laps
    .That is all
  3. Pecha72

Pecha72 Long timer

Oddometer:
    After his sublime performance at PI, maybe some people got just a little too excited? I mean, it was great, there's no denying, but it was still one friggin race, no more, no less. Rossi, when still riding a Honda, once pulled a +10 second gap on the field seemingly at will on that very same track, when he got info he was gonna get a time penalty for passing under yellow flag.

It's the results - over the whole season - that count. To be very fast, but also keep out of trouble, and even settle for 2nd, when you have to. Stoner didn't do that at Sachsenring, and took a DNF. Yeah, it's a fine line, and everyone sometimes fails. For me, all in all Lorenzo has been the most impressive rider this year because he hasn't stepped over that line, not even once.
  4. Pantah

Pantah Jiggy Dog Fan Supporter

Oddometer:
    I think this debate is about CS's speed. Many of us think he is the fastest motorcycle racer ever... Not unlike Fast Freddie was in his day.

Jorge has become the most consistant racer, but that ain't what we are arguing about. :deal

:D
  5. Shawnee Bill

Shawnee Bill Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yeah, but he's a jerk on a better ride, Casy's a nice guy and about the most up front honest guy out there. That's what this 'discussion' is really about. :deal

Having said that, Lorenzo sometimes seems to be mellowing a bit. :wink:

6. Rd650

Rd650 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Casey is very fast, if he stuck around a while me might get around PI faster than Nicky did.
  7. DogBoy

DogBoy Not a Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer:
    This thread took an interesting turn. Apparently two weeks is too long between races. Could be a very entertaining off-season on the internet.
  8. swimmer

swimmer armchair asshole

Oddometer:
    ftfy
  9. Pecha72

Pecha72 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Luckily its just 6 days until we get to see, who really is fastest. With the championship decided and all, so no excuses for anyone. No Stoner after that will be a big loss, hoping his last race is a good one.
  10. protondecay123

protondecay123 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I think if you look back at racers from America that have done well in the Premier Class Roadracing Series historically, we have never had a similar series to the Premier Class as far as how the bike is set up or technical rules for the bike. A Current example is Nicky Hayden raced the dirt track series. Kenny Roberts even had Jorge out at his dirt track a year or so back for some training.
    So I don't think that we necessarily have to have a series like that to develop the talent. I think Ben Spies is a relatively good example of that. He won the WSB Championship year 1.
    What has dramatically changed is the sponsorship. There is no more Marlboro, Lucky Strike which were American Tobacco Companies.
    Ben Spies actually got into MotoGP via Yamaha USA sponsorship IIRC. That's what I see as one of the problems ( an not that there aren't plenty ) for Dorna in developing a true Global Premier Class Motorcycle Championship is having the regional sponsors .
    I've often wondered, since Repsol (Spanish) will sponsor a team, why not Exxon/Mobil, Conoco, Royal Dutch Shell or other major oil companies ( though I realize that the factory Yamaha does have some oil company sponsorship)? Petronas dropped their sponsorship a year or so back.
    There are good racers on every continent but the avenue to MotoGP is paved by gold lined pockets (sponsorship). Making the race series more affordable is important, but developing marketing strategies and corporate alliances in the spirit of Repsol Honda would really make more of a difference and would make the Premier Class racings series more stable and viable in the long run. .
  11. MOLAHS

MOLAHS Sisyphus

Oddometer:
    2009 Stoner DNF in 4 races, 3 from sickness and one from falling on the warm up lap,(turnip truck syndrome) Preceeding the 3 races he was out for lactose intolerance he was obviously feeling the affects of that sickness during the US, German and British MotoGP's. He lost the championship by 86 points riding a bike that no one since has managed to ride competitively. Perhaps others can comment with more knowledge on his decision to leave Ducati but it would appear that Ducati's attitude towards his illness was a contributing factor.
  12. slowbike smallpenis

slowbike smallpenis Tester of Tooheys Old Supporter

Oddometer:
    Shoalhaven above Tasmania and West of New Zealand
    I think its time for some light entertainment .... Is this lass wearing ..

a - Panties
    b - G String
    c -yeh baby?

[​IMG]
  13. Dagofast

Dagofast Owner of one clean o-ring.

Oddometer:
    Thank god, this thread has been saved!

B if she's a nice girl
    C if she's naughty.
  14. Motodisiac

Motodisiac Moto Terrorist

Oddometer:
    I hate to break it to you, I think it's transvestite.
  15. Angry Pete

Angry Pete VK4APV

Oddometer:
    I'm sure whoever she's finished with would be a quivering lump of jelly, silently sobbing in the corner of the room and looking like a stunned mullet.

I'd go 'C' :)

Green flag there team!
  16. MOLAHS

MOLAHS Sisyphus

Oddometer:
    Now how can you tell ??
  17. protondecay123

protondecay123 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Always do a cup check!
  18. advNZer?

advNZer? Long timer

Oddometer:
    i think the guy to the right is trying to figure out the answer to that question
  19. K0m4

K0m4 Long timer

Oddometer:
    To quote Colin: I'd do her!
  20. MOLAHS

MOLAHS Sisyphus

Oddometer:
    Ah, but how can you be sure it's her ?