C.O.M.M.I.E.S and the Metro Atlanta Commuter Tag-O-Rama

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by inspectorpacket, Jan 28, 2009.

1. SchwingTing

SchwingTing Monkeywrench Thrower

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

Sometimes, you have get under the path that is more or less travelled.

To accomplish this, take yourself to Chamblee.
    Either get to it from the SuperCenter or an awesome bar-b-q resturant.

You will find Allie under a rock next to a rock.

[​IMG]
  2. SchwingTing

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

Extra scenic hint.
  3. SchwingTing

Oddometer:
    That was an excellent spot to hide her. It's funny, cause after entering and exiting a certain place over and over, you tend to miss details of common things. Plus, it was just her arms and head sticking up. She blended....LOL.
  4. sithndman

sithndman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I actually thought that was where it was (lake and Olympic venue), but I didn't go by there today. :( Glad you found it!
  5. Magnum1b

Magnum1b Magnum1b, yes I had one

Oddometer:
    As many times as I've been through and around there I had no idea this was there. I know, sounds like gobbledy gook but I know what I said. Sat would be my earliest chance though so hunt away folks, sand who has this BBQ you speak of as I need to start on the Smoke Chasing Grand Tour for this year!
  6. ghostryder

ghostryder Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    :ear :dg
  7. SchwingTing

Oddometer:
    The Pig & Chik. They also have a sister resturant in Sandy Springs. Tender, fall off the bone and tasty. They have a signature sauce that they sell out of the bottle. It's kind of a tabasco, vinegar, 7 herbs and spices flavored taste that has me drooling just thinking about it. Also a mustard based Carolina sauce that is pretty tasty. The red bar b q sauce is a little too sweet for my taste. Always makes me dream of flowers later that night. Or maybe that's the 70s re-visiting again. Unsure. Can't remember. They are one I suggest for your Grand Tour, along with my favorite in Atlanta. Daddy-D'z on Hill Street. Just my opinion, but I LOVE that place. Come on, fried bits of pork called Q-Wraps? Pork? Fried? What's not to love? Dang it Magnum. Now I gotta go get some ribs.
  8. SchwingTing

Oddometer:
    As a side note, if you're looking for cheap (free) fun this weekend that is kid friendly....check out the Red Bulll Soapbox races downtown. I promise you, there is nothing more funny than watching these folks. If you grab a spot near the start, you get to watch their antics as they prepare to race. It's usually a 30 second theme skit or dance or something goofy. If you're near the bottom of the hill, you get to see the (attempted) spinouts and wrecks and ramp jumps and usually crashes. In the middle gives you a good view of the cars that just don't quite make it. Sometimes at a very slow turtle dragging speed or just plain falling apart.

Regardless, I have never laughed so hard or had so much fun with so many other people and not gone to jail. Plus, the food trucks are out and well....well.....aint no party like a food truck party cause a food truck party don't stop.:1drink
  9. ghostryder

ghostryder Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    One of if not my favorite place to get BBQ in and around Atl. I never want to look in the kitchen.....but man is their food tasty!!!!! Best ribs I think.....
  10. Ritebike

Ritebike Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    How is it, that my brisket hasn't made it into this conversation Magnum? I thought that you were quite impressed with it. :1drink
  11. Magnum1b

Oddometer:
    Well, for those who were there they know how good that brisket was, but are probably in denial because it wasn't pork, and for those who didn't make it, their loss and more for me next time we have a soiree at your place. You do make some mighty FINE brisket, which for you southerners, is REAL BBQ. :evil
  12. Magnum1b

Oddometer:
    Needing some positive reinforcement are we? ;)
  13. Magnum1b

Oddometer:
    Old Tag : is under the Clairmont Road overpass to PIB. The path is behind the Wal Mart.

[​IMG]

Alas, a las was not to be found. Truly
    an alien abduction! : (
  14. Magnum1b

Oddometer:
    NEW TAG: CORRECTION TO CLUE

This creek routinely gives residents along it's banks a worry during heavy rains.
    Allie our recently added mascot was abducted from the last tag.

[​IMG]

It's near this building which sits on the sight of a former drive-in theatre which hosted killer flea markets on the weekends.

[​IMG]
  15. SchwingTing

Oddometer:
    Well this is going to be good. There were 130 drive-ins back in the hayday of drive-ins. Several have been used for flea markets and now we gotta narrow it down to one by a crick. Very cool.

By the way...I was going to go for a ride and start my search for the allusive tag....and I actually made it to the end of my street when the rains arrived. So, this will have to wait until tomorrow.
  16. SchwingTing

Oddometer:
    FAIR WARNING....Scotch helped me repair my bike. Scotch also suggested I post these thoughts.....

I'm still mourning the loss of the beloved mascot Allie. :cry It's such a shame that funny people will not allow us to enjoy a funny game on our own funny time without ruining it in a funny way by removing our funny mascot from the funny place she was funny hiding. Feel free to replace the word funny with any choice funny word you funny feel.

However, I have some theories....(yes, be scared).

Theory number one. That gravel area is a "dog drop" area as was stated by Magnum. Therefore, I buried poor Allie up to her neck in gravel, dog crap and peepee. I don't blame her, I would have left too. That happy Ting.

Theory number two. That gravel area is a "dog drop" area as was stated by Magnum. A friendly pooch scratched her up and walked off with our mascot. These things happen. That happy dog.

Theory number three. The person that made off with Sally The Seahorse may have some nutty freaky toy fetish. The person could still be lurking and looking for new fetish toys. Caught a glimpse of Allie, drew himself a woody and vamoooosh, she's gone. Therefore, I have an alternate plan...:wink:...I vote our new mascot should be Patti The PooPoo. We get some fake plastic poop and use that. However, on the next tag, we leave a real surprise for the fetish thief. That should curb any desire to mess with our funny toys. :lol3
  17. Magnum1b

Oddometer:
    Ting, you are a sick man. I will narrow the new tag down with a new clue, in the morning. LOL
  18. Magnum1b

Oddometer:
    As my friend Darryl said to folks who told him it was a bad day for riding today, "it's only water!"
    [​IMG]
  19. drsmiley

drsmiley Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Magnum, I know of this drive-in, cause I took a few dates there back in high school and you are correct they had a awesome flea market there on sunday mornings. If I get the chance I"ll search for that creek.
  20. Magnum1b

Oddometer:
    Is there a map of the COMMIES tags, ( I know it's being updated somewhere) buy I haven't been i the game long enough to know where all the older tags are located.